KSP2 Hype Train Thread

8 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

love if colonies follow the same kind of logic, that they were machines with different lego components that consume and produce resources.

If you haven’t tried Oxygen Not Included, you should.    

31 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I have! and its great. Prison Architect is great too, but there are some other weird ones like Block'hood that employ slightly different balance/sustainability mechanics that are super interesting and probably applicable to this whole resource flow problem. The really clever bit comes when its not just min-maxing production, but carefully balancing the right amounts of each resource to convert and flow efficiently and keep the whole system alive. Another good example is Frostpunk. Really dark aesthetic and ethos, but the way they balance a relatively small number of basic resources to eek out survival is just *chefs kiss*

1 minute ago, Gargamel said:

Hmm I have frostpunk on epic from when they gave it away for free.  I’ll have to look that one up. 

Ok ok   Bad moderator, going off topic.   Back on topic you! 

Yeah just start with the New Home campaign... and keep in mind.. you're not supposed to go as evil as possible. 

giphy.gif

Ahem. yes, though. On topic about Hype for Good Game Mechanics!

16 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Ahem. yes, though. On topic about Hype for Good Game Mechanics!

And visuals. The original, I felt, always needed clouds, at the very least. Some of these pre-alpha images showing clouds and shadow effects and all are absolutely beautiful to look at. 

I admit, I use the SVE/EVE setup to give my game the environment I think the game is missing. If KSP2 delivers even 1/2 what we've seen in the promotional teasers, I will be very happy.

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I had about 150 hours in ONI, and then stopped for about a year, and just came back to it again in the last couple weeks or so and sank another 50 hours into it.

Anyway, yeah, it's OK

Perhaps it's time to suspend the thread? 

Kind of hard to maintain hype when, two years after the announcement trailer gets your hype up you get a new 'we hope to release the game this time next year' (hopefully, maybe) announcement. 

(not that I'm holding anything against them - I trust the dev team knows what they are doing and the product will be great... It's just that hype is now in cryogenic stasis) 

I mean, it hasn’t really changed anything, previously we were at a wishy-washy 6-9 months and now we’re at a more solid 7-10 months. I get if hype is low at the moment, but that is usually a personal thing and doesn’t really warrant the entire thread being closed. If you want some hype, this means more show and tells, and more looks into the systems with Dev Diaries (hype!..?)

1 hour ago, t_v said:

If you want some hype, this means more show and tells, and more looks into the systems with Dev Diaries (hype!..?)

I'm not sure it does, though. I was thinking that they were already stretching out what they had in the can since the pace has slowed down a bunch the last 6 or so months. I wondered if this meant they'd just continue to slow the pace until marketing ramps up (presumably) a few months before release.

Edited by whatsEJstandfor

45 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

How good a nice new video be today? Some actual 'proper' in game footage to shut up all the doom and gloom merchants.

I think the next feature video is due to come out in September, so I can't imagine anything too substantial will happen until then.

And really, I feel like anything they could put out now would only increase doom and gloom among that specific crowd. "A 30-second video of a rocket taking off from Kerbin? No wonder the game got delayed until 2023, it's obvious they haven't designed anything beyond the most basic game mechanics!"

Just now, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

I think the next feature video is due to come out in September, so I can't imagine anything too substantial will happen until then.

And really, I feel like anything they could put out now would only increase doom and gloom among that specific crowd. "A 30-second video of a rocket taking off from Kerbin? No wonder the game got delayed until 2023, it's obvious they haven't designed anything beyond the most basic game mechanics!"

:D good point!

9 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

It's really just 3 or 4 people here who are feeling particularly anxious, and even a full 15m dev video didn't settle them down for more than 24h. Most of us get that we've got 9 or 10 months before release and we're happy to wait. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

8 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I can wait, but that doesn't mean i'm patient.

True enough, waiting isn’t pleasant for me either. But pleasant or not, we’ll have to do it. 

On 5/18/2022 at 12:41 AM, Superfluous J said:

I think we should ALL be able to define our own personal years so we can confuse each other.

I know for a fact that KSP2 will come out in 2024 because I define New Year's Day 2024 as the day KSP2 comes out. I'll reverse engineer everything that happened before into that time frame.

So KSP2 will come out in 2777 a.u.c.  Give or take a year or two?

To this is an important game, there are several games I am waiting for, but take Ark Survival 2 for example, if that came out and totally flopped, I would shrug my shoulders and say "Oh Well" and move on with a smile on my face. Kerbal 2 is more important to me. It is something I hope to enjoy for decades ( or as long as I live anyway ). We need the game done right, not just right now.

On 1/18/2022 at 4:56 AM, K^2 said:

I don't think that's likely, but Zynga making a mobile game based on KSP IP? I wouldn't be surprised. I just wonder if it will be anything worthwhile or just standard rubbish. "Looks like you ran out of delta-V for the day. Would you like to purchase more delta-V for just 25 Mun Rocks?"

We gonna come back to this now?

Take-Two and Zynga merge in the biggest deal in gaming history | PC Gamer

4 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Ew, I sure hope we don’t. 

Well it's a thing now, so.. yeah. I mean KSP was already well under way before this happened, but who knows what kind of an effect this will have on our game long term? Maybe none. Idk.