KSP2 Hype Train Thread

1 hour ago, Carraux said:

Well, at least we can see that Starship exists. And it flew already (albeit not orbital).

KSP2? Not even actual game footage...

Ah yes, because all the assets, the tech, the rendering work, the background systems which we’ve seen don’t exist. And if you don’t think that a collection of code and assets makes a game, then I don’t think a collection of metal pieces and fuel makes a rocket. We still don’t know whether Starship will ever be able to fly orbitally, just like we don’t know how the entirety of KSP 2 will be. Also, no gameplay footage? Not the tons of footage that was taken from the game to make all the feature videos? Or maybe this? I think that this qualifies as proof of existence just as much as a 10,000 m hop does for starship’s validity. 

If you keep deciding that there isn’t a comparison in order to keep your point of view, don’t expect another response.

26 minutes ago, Ahres said:

I can't believe that was almost a year ago. Man, I just want to play this game already.

Me too. I was going to make a post in this thread on September 1, but we are no longer perpetually 6-9 months away from release, we are now 4.5-7.5 months away! Hype!

Edited by t_v

If anything, the game was announced too early.  It would've worked much better for us here if it was revealed the moment SQUAD said they're going to end KSP1 development and go help Intercept. There wouldn't be the whole game is dead thing and all.

However, the game most likely wouldn't be what it aims to be today, if it wasn't for brilliant response from the community. I fully believe that devs and publisher realized that people want THE Kerbal Space Program 2, something worth showing in 3rd decade of 21st century, and everything that happened between [fall 2021] to [early 2023], happened. So thanks to that we got half a dozen feature videos, tons of WIP footage, showntells. All that wouldn't fit between August 2019 and whatever date in 2020 (probably because it wouldn't exist).

5 hours ago, The Aziz said:

If anything, the game was announced too early.  It would've worked much better for us here if it was revealed the moment SQUAD said they're going to end KSP1 development and go help Intercept. There wouldn't be the whole game is dead thing and all.

However, the game most likely wouldn't be what it aims to be today, if it wasn't for brilliant response from the community. I fully believe that devs and publisher realized that people want THE Kerbal Space Program 2, something worth showing in 3rd decade of 21st century, and everything that happened between [fall 2021] to [early 2023], happened. So thanks to that we got half a dozen feature videos, tons of WIP footage, showntells. All that wouldn't fit between August 2019 and whatever date in 2020 (probably because it wouldn't exist).

i think the game was perfectly announced where it would have been perfectly on time for what they wanted to release, but quite a few issues arrived, things such as COVID-19, Change in environment, such as going to another company to continue on working on the game, and more enhanced gameplay than originally wanted for ksp 2,  putting all that together i would say sadly, even though it will take more time, was good due to them wanting a way more polished experience.

I wouldn't suggest that the game is dead, in more terms of no new content is being shown, or content that people want to see, such as actual gameplay, it going out of pre alpha and changed to alpha, or beta tags, talks about multiplayer haven't been shown, how to build the Space stations, or how colonies will be built, will they start from small grounds going up etc, the new resources aswell, convoy cargo trips how will that work etc... there is alot of things that have been shown, but not in use if that makes sense at all.

On 8/16/2022 at 2:08 PM, Bej Kerman said:

It'll be ready when it's ready.

Profound. This is probably the most we've ever been on the same page, Bej.

On 8/17/2022 at 5:50 AM, The Aziz said:

However, the game most likely wouldn't be what it aims to be today, if it wasn't for brilliant response from the community.

I've been thinking this for a while now. I think the excitement, feature requests, and take-your-time-and-get-it-right sentiment from the community greatly swayed the release schedule.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:39 PM, MechBFP said:

There is definitely something coming soon, I can *feel it* in my gut. 

;)

Could be gas...

On 8/17/2022 at 5:50 AM, The Aziz said:

I fully believe that devs and publisher realized that people want THE Kerbal Space Program 2, 

Is that similar to THE Ohio State? Just curious... because they had their posteriors handed to them last year. Just sayin'... its been 600+ days since they've beat that team up north. Go Blue!

Nobody seemed to notice that 3 days ago was the 3rd anniversary of the game's announcement.

But to make you feel better I'm gonna mention that Elder Scrolls 6 was announced over 4 years ago and the only thing we got was the initial 30sec teaser.

4 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Nobody seemed to notice that 3 days ago was the 3rd anniversary of the game's announcement.

I didn't even notice, but 3 days ago I felt an urge to watch the trailer again. I ended up watching it four times.

I didn't even start playing this game seriously until the Cinematic trailer 3 years ago. I'm only just starting to get good at it.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

PAX is in Seattle, right where the studio is. Ehile I don't have much hope for a complex showcase, it feels like good opportunity for the team to show up, even just as guests.

PAX makes so much sense to me for them to be present. But then again, I'm pretty sure I said the same exact thing last year. I tried messaging the KSP Twitter account to see if they'd be attending in some form. No response.

Edited by Ahres

2 hours ago, Ahres said:

PAX makes so much sense to me for them to be present. But then again, I'm pretty sure I said the same exact thing last year. I tried messaging the KSP Twitter account to see if they'd be attending in some form. No response.

Yeah, I've been monitoring the Expo Hall page on the PAX West website. So far, though, I haven't seen Intercept Games (or Private Division at all) on the list. Maybe they're planning to only start marketing way closer to release, to avoid a repeat of the 2019 marketing run.

Uhh

Hello
Jim
Writing since forever
Backstory
First to work with KSP2
600 parts
Title, Subtitle, Manufacturer, Description
what's needed for it to fit in game
scientific accuracy
localizations
working with team