KSP2 Hype Train Thread

32 minutes ago, Somecallmesteve said:

I know about procedural wings for KSP2, but will fairings also be procedural?

We don't know, but Im gonna guess probably? Maybe not drawn the same way though. And hopefully they clamshell without tearing your ship apart. 

17 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Twice as many as in KSP1! Although not sure if this is enough for parts for bases and megaships

How many parts can you remove with procedural wings alone?

What if we make tanks length a slider instead of a separate set of parts?

Twice as many as KSP may mean a lot more if we take any kind of optimization into account.

17 minutes ago, Master39 said:

How many parts can you remove with procedural wings alone?

What if we make tanks length a slider instead of a separate set of parts?

Twice as many as KSP may mean a lot more if we take any kind of optimization into account.

There are 35 parts for wings in the game, I think they can be converted into 5-7 procedural parts. 11 solar panels that can be turned into 3. Probably, the number of tanks can still be reduced by 3 times and there will be 200+ parts from the original game. But of course I would love to look at new details, for example, a large command module, I would look at the IVA mode. There are probably a million reasons why we shouldn't be shown this.

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

We don't know, but Im gonna guess probably? Maybe not drawn the same way though. And hopefully they clamshell without tearing your ship apart. 

I'm hoping so. As long as it works like or similar to the mod of the same name, I'll be pretty content.

3 hours ago, Somecallmesteve said:

Nope, there is a mod for procedural fairings.

We've had stock fairings since 2015, and they have been procedural since they were added. There's a mod for procedural fairings, but it's somewhat redundant nowadays, at least as far as my uses for it went.

7 hours ago, MechBFP said:

Well dev diary #15"Writing for KSP2" was mentioned on Facebook and then pulled for some reason.  So I expect we will see that shortly lol.

I knew I wasn't crazy! I saw the tweet I tell ya!

I wonder why though. It's not like there were some groundbreaking reveals. And by the looks of it, most recent updates came at the end of the month, so it seemed like it was supposed to be posted yesterday.

In fairness the board likes to have a nice little freakout about release dates and lack of information every time they share something and maybe they just didn’t want to deal with it on the weekend. Or maybe there were just typos and they felt like kicking off and dealing with it on Monday. 

21 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

I had a dream there was a new KSP2 trailer on TV and it looked great yall. 

i had a dream where it released and it was called "little green men"

23 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

They always post on fridays, so no. Also don't remember any typos. There must be something more to it. Guess we'll know in time once it pops back.

I’d personally be fine with a shift to Monday posts. 

58 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

They always post on fridays, so no. Also don't remember any typos. There must be something more to it. Guess we'll know in time once it pops back.

Posts like that must be typically written before hand, and then set to publish in a certain time and date, maybe someone misclicked the wrong day on the calendar.