eiyFw6NJeRQAcWCnwyG7KRVDyB0TWwDdfoU86jA4

u5O0zwzCsALumGbl7rQoIfGZnHI_4FLSv0KQQvTW

Nafeevcwuz2S-PoBuWvODLWCtYL_cwfcpTNg1h23

56JJotBDVKJNzyRhNK26D-cb93giCqhLzn5msJma

o9eZeIZQHU-ntG8mmwN0oGxVhpDgvvcxeGdoaXQP

1Zwc9x9jL85QvfqcwFmf34tPeum75kQab8VtUHt0

Khdmwaq2oqV2208nr8qxhkVknukHO2yaonvyM7eN

My internet is slow, what does it say?

(But seriously, we know it is exists, is doesn't particularly matter when it is released)

14 minutes ago, Vl3d said:
29 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:
49 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Damn, no lore writing details?

Um, clarification please?

Was hoping for details about the game story and lore.

I doubt it'll be much different from KSP 1 - no backstory, except for a tiny (relatively tiny) bit of flavor text for the parts and celestial bodies. The player is supposed to come up with their own stories, right?

11 hours ago, Alexoff said:

o9eZeIZQHU-ntG8mmwN0oGxVhpDgvvcxeGdoaXQP

That Orion drive is just beautiful. Also, I'm seeing some people complaining about a lack of lore, but that description literally creates a huge amount of lore;

It's canon that Kerbals discovered nuclear fission by trying to make a microwave. For humans, this is the other way around.  Imagine what this means for everything else they've made. If you don't mind, I'm going to make up some backstory as to how Kerbals decided to launch rockets;

Spoiler

A fireworks manufacturer wanted to beat the competition, so they made the biggest firework anyone's ever seen, using the same solid fuel that fireworks of that time used. In the fireworks industry, this tactic failed because no one could afford the fireworks, and the mega-fireworks kept crashing into the ground. However, scientists picked up the idea because they wanted to explore space. Their first launch vehicle had the payload permanently attached to the firework, and was called the "Robotic Flight Kit", which got shortened to "Rockit". Once the first Rockit successfully reached outside Kerbin's atmosphere, news publications misspelled the launch vehicle as "Rocket".

Unfortunately for the scientists that named it, this name stuck. And thus, the "Rocket" was born.

The text in the spoiler above isn't canon, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Some people might prefer that Kerbals had war and geo-politics. Others might want to talk about alien civilisations and the origins of Kerbality. I would disagree with both of these things, and those people might disagree with my backstory.

Point is, let people make up their own KSP lore. It's more fun that way.

Edited by intelliCom

16 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Was hoping for details about the game story and lore.

14 hours ago, Strawberry said:

tbh Id be shocked if there isnt something involving alien precursors, it probably wont be the case but for some reason I have a feeling theyre going to do something with like finding the remains of an alien civilization or something. 

You want to know what the reason is for the Kerbals going interstellar? Here's my non-canon explanation:

Jeb has lost his sandwich. It's not on the Mun, it's not on Minmus. Not on Eve, Moho, Duna, Jool, Eeloo. The sandwich is absolutely nowhere to be found, almost as though the Kraken had swallowed it up.
Then one bright Kerbal suggests something; what if the sandwich left the Kerbolar system? And thus Kerbalkind starts exploring other solar systems, seeking Jeb's lost sandwich.

Fin. Nothing grandiose or important, just finding a missing sandwich. The most Kerbal reason you could possibly imagine. This isn't canon though, so please make your own Kerbal-like suggestions of why Kerbals are going to other solar systems.

Edited by intelliCom

58 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

...please make your own Kerbal-like suggestions of why Kerbals are going to other solar systems.

This is a great idea! Why not go ahead and start a thread for this so we can keep this one on topic?

8 hours ago, intelliCom said:
Spoiler

A fireworks manufacturer wanted to beat the competition, so they made the biggest firework anyone's ever seen, using the same solid fuel that fireworks of that time used. In the fireworks industry, this tactic failed because no one could afford the fireworks, and the mega-fireworks kept crashing into the ground. However, scientists picked up the idea because they wanted to explore space. Their first launch vehicle had the payload permanently attached to the firework, and was called the "Robotic Flight Kit", which got shortened to "Rockit". Once the first Rockit successfully reached outside Kerbin's atmosphere, news publications misspelled the launch vehicle as "Rocket".

Unfortunately for the scientists that named it, this name stuck. And thus, the "Rocket" was born.

The text in the spoiler above isn't canon, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Some people might prefer that Kerbals had war and geo-politics. Others might want to talk about alien civilisations and the origins of Kerbality. I would disagree with both of these things, and those people might disagree with my backstory.

Your version of KSP's backstory is the most Kerbal thing I've read today. I hope Jim is taking notes.

2 hours ago, Deddly said:

This is a great idea! Why not go ahead and start a thread for this so we can keep this one on topic?

What would be the most suitable forum section for a post like this though? Sure, it came about because we're talking about KSP 2, but it isn't exclusively KSP 2 related.

20 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

What would be the most suitable forum section for a post like this though? Sure, it came about because we're talking about KSP 2, but it isn't exclusively KSP 2 related.

there could be 2 threads, one for ksp lore and one for ksp 2 lore...

Edited by Rutabaga22

4 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

there could be 2 threads, one for ksp lore and one for ksp 2 lore...

Making two threads is a bit spammy, I'm not sure how the mods would see it. Putting it into KSP 2 means that lore about interstellar travel can be discussed alongside KSP 1 lore, so that's probably more reliable. I'll make the post sometime later.

4 hours ago, intelliCom said:

Jeb has lost his sandwich. It's not on the Mun, it's not on Minmus. Not on Eve, Moho, Duna, Jool, Eeloo. The sandwich is absolutely nowhere to be found, almost as though the Kraken had swallowed it up.
Then one bright Kerbal suggests something; what if the sandwich left the Kerbolar system? And thus Kerbalkind starts exploring other solar systems, seeking Jeb's lost sandwich.

It is absolutely imperative that this be the plot of one of those animated tutorial videos.

5 hours ago, intelliCom said:

This as well... I hope the bacon doesn't go sour by the time they find it.

6 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

It is absolutely imperative that this be the plot of one of those animated tutorial videos.

If such lore was incorporated into the game, then the end-credit scene after exploring every celestial body is finding the sandwich stuck on top of one of the tracking station dishes, back at Kerbin.

3 hours ago, intelliCom said:

If such lore was incorporated into the game, then the end-credit scene after exploring every celestial body is finding the sandwich stuck on top of one of the tracking station dishes, back at Kerbin.

But, of course, the lesson is that the sandwiches were all the planets we landed on along the way

24 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

But, of course, the lesson is that the sandwiches were all the planets we landed on along the way

9 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

This as well... I hope the bacon doesn't go sour by the time they find it.

After exploring the entire local group, turns out the sandwich is on top of one of the tracking station dishes. Jeb takes a bite out of the sandwich. It turns out it expired by about 5 days, and goes to buy a new one. Unfortunately, after having journeyed to so many solar systems, no sandwich can satiate the hunger he feels to explore more of it.

Edited by intelliCom