KSP2 Hype Train Thread

7 hours ago, Deddly said:

The topic please, ladies and gentlemen. 

Apologies. I will move the concept of KSP's backstory and lore to another post now.  Here's a link to it for anyone interested.

15 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:
9 hours ago, Deddly said:

Well, I am loving the discussion of KSP lore but this is supposed to be KSP hype ;)

I don't understand what hype is if not us generally speculating about what's in the game lmao

I was going to ask this right after receiving that reply, but didn't want to come off as argumentative. I really don't know what draws the line between hype and discussing anything KSP 2. We were doing literally nothing wrong or off-topic by discussing fun KSP 2 lore in a thread meant for hype. What are we supposed to be doing here? I saw the lore discussion as nothing more than an on-topic branch of dialog to distract us from the typical "it's been one day since I said the dev diary would be due" we get from random people occasionally. That's all how I see it.

Edited by Bej Kerman

3 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I was going to ask this right after receiving that reply, but didn't want to come off as argumentative. I really don't know what draws the line between hype and discussing anything KSP 2. We were doing literally nothing wrong or off-topic by discussing fun KSP 2 lore in a thread meant for hype. What are we supposed to be doing here?

Spam HYPE! of course. 
;)

4 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Spam HYPE! of course. 
;)

Well, I just don't think there's much creativity in saying "hype" or reminding us of a deadline the devs never actually set, nor is it much fun. Coming up with lore bytes was fun though, and didn't detract from actual hype. That's what I don't get about the seemingly random reminder to stay on-topic, because it really feels like we were on-topic to begin with

Edited by Bej Kerman

Valid feedback guys. I could get a second opinion but it seems @intelliCom has the new thread in place now. Just a general reminder, it's usually best to send a PM to the moderator if you don't agree with what he or she has done (or report the moderator's post), that way it avoids even more off topic discussions. Never mind :D

• Community Lead

Hello everyone,

I apologize for my late reply to this.

The dev diary came down due to an error on our web side, but we plan on having it go live this week. I should have posted sooner, but I appreciate everyone understanding and we're working hard to make sure this doesn't happen again. 

I just ask for a little more patience and we will have it live for everyone to view on the KSP site.

4 hours ago, Nerdy_Mike said:

Hello everyone,

I apologize for my late reply to this.

The dev diary came down due to an error on our web side, but we plan on having it go live this week. I should have posted sooner, but I appreciate everyone understanding and we're working hard to make sure this doesn't happen again. 

I just ask for a little more patience and we will have it live for everyone to view on the KSP site.

If you want to absolutely own... wait to release it on

Friday Ksp GIF - Friday KSP Kerbal Space Programm - Discover & Share GIFs (tenor.com)

(People here will go nuts)

For those of you who like to read tea leaves:

"Localization" 

It involves a lot of planning ahead of time, as the localization process (translation, foreign voiceover, and content changes) needs to begin in the last 4 months of the game’s development.

This means the localization is happening at the same time as the home-stretch production of the primary market version.

Is Video Game Localization Really Important? (gamedesigning.org)

1 hour ago, Intercept Games said:

Another very important part of the writing process is we are localizing KSP2 into several different languages. This means we have to be extra careful about the writing process in general, as well as finishing far enough ahead for our localization teams to have enough time to translate everything. Sometimes there might be an issue with a particular translation, such as how a joke is perceived in a certain language, and we need to work out the proper wording. I helped the KSP localization teams quite a bit and I had a lot of fun. It can be a really unique and interesting challenge playing the game in the different languages, and I got quite good at it after a while.

Well it is of course only a general idea and that "4 months" is not set in stone, as it can be 2 or 6, depending on the game. But the fact is, localization can only happen when most if not all the writing is already in place, otherwise it's just wasted time.

27 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Well it is of course only a general idea and that "4 months" is not set in stone, as it can be 2 or 6, depending on the game. But the fact is, localization can only happen when most if not all the writing is already in place, otherwise it's just wasted time.

Listen; I'm holding a crystal between the toes of my left foot while juggling snakes and balancing a bowl of water on my head, so clearly people should take my non-contextual quote as absolute law.  If the game is not released 4 months to the day after this post, lightning may strike my IP Address.

Send donations care of Joe, these forums.

Many publishers changed their prices based on exchange rates over the last two years or so. But since we don't have an official pricetag yet, I'd assume it's going to be the same as other $60 equivalent games in your area.

40 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

So I had this nightmare few days ago. The KSP2 steam page changed. Now it was saying Late February/Early March 2023. Thankfully I woke up.

I don't know what to tell you, but that nightmare might not be over yet, "Early 2023" ends on March 31st.

9 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:
39 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Comes across as a bit entitled

Entitlement police? 

'hope' does not fit your narrative 

Nobody here is entitled to a January release, and people should stop finding ways to complain behind a façade of laughs and giggles.