KSP2 Hype Train Thread

17 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Nobody here is entitled to a January release, and people should stop finding ways to complain behind a façade of laughs and giggles.

I think they were just joking around. Also, why do you care if they are complaining?

1 hour ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I think they were just joking around.

Well the easiest way to complain about something without getting caught is to just pretend you're being sarcastic or pretend that you're trying to be funny. I'm not saying that's what Aziz did, I'm just saying I couldn't see it being any other way because there's no other reason I'd say such a thing. If I was making a joke in a similar manner to Aziz, I'd make the subtext something like "take your time" or "what I see right now for a pre-alpha is really, really good", not "hurry up I'm desperate". Jokes are nothing without subtext and the only possible subtext I interpret from Aziz' message is "hurry up". You wouldn't say that without the intent of increasing pressure on the victim of the joke.

Also, why do you care if they are complaining?

I shouldn't have to explain myself about why I don't want to see people complaining. It's like asking someone "why do you find colors pretty?". I mean, I just do? I just do for both questions, simple as.

1 minute ago, Vanamonde said:

Please return to the hype rather than critiquing each other's reactions to the hype. 

It looks like our messages came through at the same time, apologies. If I saw this before sending mine through, I'd have just ditched it. Apologies.

I just want to clarify that that comment was made in jest, and I don’t want to put any pressure on the devs. My real reaction to the possibility of a marketing campaign is “if it is happening, that is great, but if it isn’t, that is still great, we just got a bunch of news at once!”

23 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

I figured I'd post this here since it looks like it's from KSP2.

I saw that image and my brain completely glossed over it without realizing it was from KSP2 lol, good catch. Environmental hazards confirmed, presumably. 

Rolling, rolling, rolling 

Want to stir some hype? 

Show those rovers rolling! 

They are extremely cool. Our team is still trying to wrap our heads around all the new design possibilities that come with procedural wings - last week we all spent time building racecars... and they're just fantastic.  It's one aspect of the game that I'm very excited to see in the hands of players

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/208746-developer-insights-14-part-creation/&do=findComment&comment=4149203

I did, I just don't see scatter.

Besides the scatter element that the Kerbal bent the spoon on, there's visible scatter also present on the far hillside below the horizon.

There's more and more detail in this picture every time I look at it:

• Reflection off the visor.
  • Lighting in helmet to show the Kerbal's face.
  • Kerbin in the sky next to Kerbol.
  • Visible gas clouds again in the skybox.
  • No shadows implemented (in this image) - neither Kerbal on terrain nor terrain on terrain.
  • Lower left corner is showing camera view cut through the ground. Similar behavior from original game.
Edited by Ahres
Added item.

Honestly while it probably wont be the case, I wouldn't be surprised if this is leading up to a more specific launch date reveal in the next show and tell. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they end up releasing the game a month or so earlier then people expected as the devs were likely more liberal with the third delay date as a fourth delay would not be good for the hype train.