KSP2 Hype Train Thread

4 hours ago, Stephensan said:

i kinda really miss the "Show and Tells" with the upbeat fast past high information videos... it was really cool and interesting

They're trying to keep 'hype' on simmer. 

After the most recent 'delayed again, better luck next year' video most of us put hype on the back burner or turned it off completely. 

On 10/4/2022 at 11:05 AM, Stephensan said:

i kinda really miss the "Show and Tells" with the upbeat fast past high information videos... it was really cool and interesting

On 10/4/2022 at 3:08 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

They're trying to keep 'hype' on simmer. 

After the most recent 'delayed again, better luck next year' video most of us put hype on the back burner or turned it off completely. 

I understand these issues, I have been watching some videos or posts obout ksp 2 almost every day for months, however, I fully understand why it is not shown too much, according to many the game will be released in Q1 2023. I expect that after the last video feature , there is a marketing campaign with live or other types of campaigns. Furthermore it must be considered that KSP 2 comes out in a period in which there is a relative high interest in space, see SLS, Starship, Artemis, but also Starfield. Be clear that I will buy KSP 2 regardless of when it comes out, the key is to be patient and keep crashing rockets in KSP 1, because I have the impression that once KSP 2 comes out not many will come back to KSP 1.

10 minutes ago, Laxez said:

I fully understand why it is not shown too much, according to many the game will be released in Q1 2023

"many" must be the name of the guy who wrote T2's financial reports, because it's definitely looking like a 2023 release.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Glad you said many, because the naysayers and complainers, the #trueplayers will do the usual. Crapping on the game because of something absolutely insignificant.

Yeah I mean there are folks who can't be made happy, but for the rest of us I think while excitement and cautious optimism is totally warranted its also okay to offer constructive feedback on the stuff we're seeing. Im sure the big stuff is locked in, but if there are little details or tweaks we think might improve things there's no harm in pointing it out. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

On 9/25/2022 at 9:23 PM, Rutabaga22 said:

Will kraken slaying remove the kerbalness?

Yes. But does one believe that Kraken  can be slain?

What if KSP-2 exists only in the dream of Krakulhu and disappears every time when it tends to wake up?

On 9/25/2022 at 3:25 AM, Strawberry said:

I honestly wouldn't hold too much weight to the whole pre-alpha/alpha thing

On the fifth year of its pre-existence

On 9/23/2022 at 10:16 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

You know... now I'm worried about the 'random generation' thing.  If you successfully land a rover amidst randomly generated scatter, where 'rocks above a certain size' are collidable, what happens the next time you load into that area?

1. Remember the fixed location, randomize only non-visited ones.

2.  Rock worms and moonquakes. Solar wind tornadoes. They move the stones.

Edited by kerbiloid

I’m not usually a fan of sharing news of a screenshot from a Reddit post because my skepticism grows quickly about its truthfulness, but it does make sense so I’ll mention it. According to the unofficial KSP2 subreddit, it appears the next feature video is coming “in the next few weeks.” 

Between it being early October now and the message saying “next few weeks”, I’d expect the team to keep the pattern going and save their big post for the last Friday of the month. Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume the next feature video is dropping on October 28. 

If it helps ease your doubts, there’s a precedent. They’ve announced ahead of time on Instagram for at least two episodes that filming was in progress but never gave a solid release date. This doesn’t feel much different than that. 

Still, I don’t blame you one bit for being cautious. 

Although, are you actually being cautious if you just bet your KSP save?

Edited by Ahres

13 minutes ago, Ahres said:

If it helps ease your doubts, there’s a precedent. They’ve announced ahead of time on Instagram for at least two episodes that filming was in progress but never gave a solid release date. This doesn’t feel much different than that. 

Still, I don’t blame you one bit for being cautious. 

I condone this vague promise of hype.  

I will also be happy if we get a big feature announcement by the end of November... And some kind of launch date 

8 hours ago, Ahres said:

. They’ve announced ahead of time on Instagram for at least two episodes that filming was in progress but never gave a solid release date. This doesn’t feel much different than that. 

I'm confused, was the post by intercept or somebody else?

54 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I'm confused, was the post by intercept or somebody else?

It was the KSP account. Took me a while to find it but here’s a post from almost 40 pages of hype ago: