KSP2 Hype Train Thread

8 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Can't wait to see more complaints about "pre alpha footage" when the date drops.

Well, I can try:

They will release the game in Pre-Alpha state, because it will be Early Access.

4 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Bit of follow up on this image—reply on instagram is “there’s been a red gradient filter placed on the image of Vall to make it more “spooky.” So not a mistake, just some Halloween fun. 

HA

Also, I removed (kind of) the red hue, pumped up the saturation of the picture and tell you what, it happens to be slightly greenish blue.

Edited by The Aziz

I still don’t see how so many craters could be present, unless the Jool system “recently” went though a major shake-up. Some of the big ones look like they are in the process of being filled in, but aside from the backside of the planet, it looks like Vall hasn’t had much time to turn those into basins, or is being actively pelted by large asteroids on that side. I still think an old-age supervolcanic ice moon should be mostly flat with some big cryovolcano ranges, but all of these celestial bodies got cleared by a planetary scientist, and I guess they might be going for a young moon/system? I don’t know enough to make correct statements, so ignore this if you want. 

I say even more than that - remember how the skybox in Kerbol system appears to be green? So I matched the background with that color and what we have here is I believe pretty close in hue to original Vall

SiJh9rR.jpg

Speaking of these craters, remember that Vall is tidally locked to Jool (assuming it still is in KSP2). Same like our Moon, and you know how it appears much different on the far side.  Of course there's a matter of cryovolcanism, but that may not exist on the entire surface.

1 hour ago, Strawberry said:

Honestly unless if Vall is really radically different on the other side, I still feel like it makes the most sense for it to be Tylo considering it does look really metallic. Though we shall know for certain when the game comes out

I think that the color and reflectivity can definitely make Vall icy, but as I mentioned above, I'm not too sure about the way the planet is formed. I'm not a geologist, and certainly not an exo-geologist, so I don't know, icy moons could probably still look like that. 

It does look though like it smooths out on the other side, so I like the Aziz's theory about it being tidally locked. It may be a kind of blend of Enceladus, Tethys, and Miranda with both smoother and more cratered regions. 

16 minutes ago, stephensmat said:

Well, new tweet.

...feeling decidedly silly at the ten seconds I spent looking for clues in this. I think I need to switch to Surviving Mars for a while, maybe play a little Shipbreaker.

Not going to mention the Halloween kerbal?

2 hours ago, stephensmat said:
...feeling decidedly silly at the ten seconds I spent looking for clues in this. I think I need to switch to Surviving Mars for a while, maybe play a little Shipbreaker.

You fool, this clearly indicates that a life support system comprising of five resources is going to be in place in KSP 2. How could you miss this entirely obvious conclusion... Players are clearly going to need to manage Sunlight, Neopets, Air time, Combos, Kerbal-life-support-resource-work-in-progress, and Space. And the exclamation point is really an upside-down "I" that stands for Imagination. Truly, the life-support system in KSP 2 will be revolutionary, and I don't see any other way the LS resource system could be structured. (/s in case of confusion)

Unless?

Spoiler

I know snacks are one of the jokes of the franchise, but KSP2 devs have been mentioning these quite often, plus the long lost (at this point I don't even know if this was a fact or a myth) comment about a way to keep Kerbals alive, plus that greenhouse in one of the earliest videos.

They're teasing that there's something to tease. If it was another delay, they'd say so in a release on the website. Y'know, like last time. They want us watching this. I'm hopeful for a release date, or a new trailer. If it was another 'Dev' Video, they'd just release it, the way they have all the others. They're teasing in a new way, and hopefully that means something new to be revealed.