KSP2 Hype Train Thread

14 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

Obviously they said that before they realized that every word they said would be dissected and analyzed and thrown in their faces forevermore.

That is false. There are many topics that have been avoided by saying "I can't get into that, no comment etc.".

We know there was a multiplayer feature video in the plan. I'm just asking where it is 2.5 years after it was mentioned.

Edited by Vl3d

Somewhere between now and the release, I suppose. They never said when.

Also, this is the kind of content that will create the most amount of hype among casual players, so it makes sense to have it out closer to release rather than months or years before.

Edited by The Aziz

So, if I understood correctly, this early access game will be a limited version of the full game? Like, it'll be the Kerbol system, and nothing else? I'm not complaining, that's absolutely fine by me, I just want to make sure I've got it right.

I have to say, it looks amazing. The rover stuff alone has got me proper hyped :D we can zoom across and jump around, and not flip! (probably!). Driving looks like it's going to be MUCH better than in KSP1, which I think will make exploring a lot easier. I'm gonna get to see places I've never been before :D :D

It's a massive thumbs up from me, thank you guys. @Nate Simpson Be proud of yourself, and proud of the team.

Oh dear that's a lot of information to process. I'd have to watch the video about 10 times to catch every detail.

Also, love the working suspension, finally.

Also, I like how the next steps in EA picture both here and on steam are basically a static noise

Edited by The Aziz

it says only debdeb will be added ??!!

that's not what i liked

ANYWAYS PLEASE RELEASE so we can mod it

edit : not it said there's another one unnamed

help , smth is blurred , more news coming

uQ6suaf.png

Edited by mmamh2008

Some initial thoughts after watching the video...

1. I think early access is the correct move, but this should have happened earlier.
  2. I was a little surprised that colonies won't be part of of early access and really surprised that interstellar won't be as well.  I'm going to give Intercept the benefit of the doubt here and assume that interstellar is mostly done but is being held back mostly so that the EA feedback is only on the core game mechanics and therefore more manageable.
  3. I saw quite a bit of footage with rover wheels and landing legs, so hopefully this means that the physics is improved from KSP1.  This will be a great area to get feedback on for this first round of EA features but hopefully the baseline is good.
  4. How is continued development going to be financially supported?  Investors will need some motivation to keep paying the developers' salaries through the EA period and hopefully this is done in a way that is financially sustainable without compromising the game itself.

Overall I'm not gonna lie, I was a little disappointing (mostly around the lack of interstellar) but also a bit relieved.  I had a feeling the game wasn't really done but now at least a lot of uncertainty is gone and after EA development won't be done in a silo anymore.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE 

2 minutes ago, poopslayer78 said:

How is continued development going to be financially supported?  Investors will need some motivation to keep paying the developers' salaries through the EA period and hopefully this is done in a way that is financially sustainable without compromising the game itself.

The publisher have been paying for development for 5 years now without seeing any profit. A decent sale numbers in the beginning should give them some confidence in the team, and cover some costs for further development.

All twelve of my kidneys are crying

I kept swinging between hype and disappointment while watching, only because I'm kind of bummed in what seems to be a lack of confidence in their own vision. My only hope is that there won't be, say, another 3-year delta between early access and interstellar/multiplayer/colonies.

On the other hand, LOOK AT THE BEAUTIFUL PFD. I LOVE THE NAVBALL AND TAPES

mMobQ9p.png

5 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Hopefully these clips were filmed a couple of months ago because the performance seems awful in some clips.

Some clips were identical to stuff shown months or even years ago, and in Matt Lowne's video discussing the release and his interview with the devs, they confirmed that they are clips from old builds.

6 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Hopefully these clips were filmed a couple of months ago because the performance seems awful in some clips.

I actually thought the opposite; I thought it looked so much more performant and polished than previous gameplay clips

Edited by whatsEJstandfor