KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Seeing the initial title and video description, I became a singularity of hype, the human consciousness cannot fathom such levels.

After watching the video however, I must be honest and say that the exclusion of colonies, 'science' and interstellar travel is disappointing, in my mind what differentiates KSP2 from the original is the colonies and interstellar travel. I initially thought early access would be addressing polish and optimisation more so than game defining features. But we have to face the reality that the team are still not ready, and this is a stop-gap to prevent yet another (untenable) delay to the release date. 

Being able to play the game at all is far more desirable than another year or two of nothing. I only hope the roadmap will progress at a good rate.

I was very pleased to see team members from KSP1 in the video :) 

31 minutes ago, Nirgal said:

I initially thought early access would be addressing polish and optimisation more so than game defining features

That would be harder to do. Without a solid experience, but only a ton of features, they'd end up just like KSP1.

9 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

On the other hand, LOOK AT THE BEAUTIFUL PFD. I LOVE THE NAVBALL AND TAPES

mMobQ9p.png

Completely agree. Hating the KSP 1 UI and being an aircraft enthusiast, this navball is nothing short of a blessing!

8 hours ago, gussi111 said:

Do we only have one kind of rover wheels? 

Extremely likely that this is just a shot from a save that has an incomplete tech tree.

Just watched the trailer.  My mind is now fully blown, I'm spent, I can't focus on anything else right now.  That made me want to not only play KSP2, but to fire up KSP and keep working on my unmanned Jool-5.

With that said, does anyone know if Early Access will be Steam only?  Or will we still have the option to purchase and download from the KSP store?  And who do I give all of my money to for this?

5 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Just watched the trailer.  My mind is now fully blown, I'm spent, I can't focus on anything else right now.  That made me want to not only play KSP2, but to fire up KSP and keep working on my unmanned Jool-5.

With that said, does anyone know if Early Access will be Steam only?  Or will we still have the option to purchase and download from the KSP store?  And who do I give all of my money to for this?

You'll be able to buy directly from their website

36 minutes ago, poopslayer78 said:

Dres has rings now!  Does this mean we will get to test collidable rings and all the extra orbital maneuvering considerations that come with it in the Feb 24 release?  This is a great new activity that can be done within the Kerbol system.

5YXzyZi.jpg

Rings aren’t the only thing of note in that shot, look at the back end of the ship, I think this is the first time we’ve seen ship-scale nuclear reactors!

NcbFzAW.png

Best view I could get of the new engines on several ships in the video, if you look closely at the middle one, that's a radiation symbol. New kinds of NTRs?

Anyway, I for one am VERY hyped overall. Shame interstellar travel will have to wait, but I'm looking forward to rediscovering the planets!

Very pleased with Early Access path. Good! Release the game in stages, and make sure this is right before releasing the next. This is exactly the right way to do it.

More than any game I have ever wanted, we don't need it right now, we just need it right!

1 hour ago, gussi111 said:

Hopefully these clips were filmed a couple of months ago because the performance seems awful in some clips.

Matt Lowne actually made a video today about some questions he had asked Nate Simpson, anything that says pre-alpha capture is from about 2 years ago.

1 hour ago, obney kerman said:

NcbFzAW.png

Best view I could get of the new engines on several ships in the video, if you look closely at the middle one, that's a radiation symbol. New kinds of NTRs?

Anyway, I for one am VERY hyped overall. Shame interstellar travel will have to wait, but I'm looking forward to rediscovering the planets!

Aren't those LANTRs?

Anyone wants to play a guessing game? Since all footage we got today is from the Kerbol system, I have some things I haven't seen before

I see volcanos and brown terrain. Moho, perhaps?

MXElvIi.png

That's some crazy terrain, I'd say Gilly. Though the lander is an overkill by miles.

ApahFAY.png

But from the footage just before that, it doesn't look that small, so I don't know.

That's a weird looking ground, but there's only one moon at that distance from Jool. So probably Tylo.

RnzV1ok.png

However, with ridges like here, I think the previous picture could also be it.

19 minutes ago, pss88 said:

Damn, even more casual, but full-feature, mod-able, co-op-able game at the end of 2023 would be better than this.

I was a bit disappointed too at first but I realized that early access just means that the devs can hear more about what we actually want instead of wasting time on features we might not care too much about. Let's say they release colony parts and it turns out people would actually like to IVA inside colonies  or with more people using procedural wings and the like, other parts could be made procedural if that's what's wanted from the community.  Just means the game will have more stuff that people wouldn't have known they wanted if it wasn't for early access.

8 minutes ago, Lettuce said:

I was a bit disappointed too at first but I realized that early access just means that the devs can hear more about what we actually want instead of wasting time on features we might not care too much about. Let's say they release colony parts and it turns out people would actually like to IVA inside colonies  or with more people using procedural wings and the like, other parts could be made procedural if that's what's wanted from the community.  Just means the game will have more stuff that people wouldn't have known they wanted if it wasn't for early access.

Hope you are right. It was just quite depressing to hear these news. At my birthday of all days. KSP2 is the only one game I am waiting for.