KSP2 Hype Train Thread

42 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

There is a difference between this game being early access in 2020 compared to 2023. I’ll let you figure out the difference. 

And your response didn't address the first part of what you decided to quote.  Which was that people were upset over not having early access in 2020 but are now upset over having early access in 2023.

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

And your response didn't address the first part of what you decided to quote.  Which was that people were upset over not having early access in 2020 but are now upset over having early access in 2023.

That’s the part you need to figure out. 

On 10/21/2022 at 11:47 AM, Serenity said:

How can this be, early access after all these delays?

All these features it will take years for a ''stable'' release and many of the features will be slowly and silently get cut down.

Eventually the pressure for a full release will be too much and they will have to call it 1.0 no matter what.

So disappointing after all this time and delays, now we will have to fight through bugs for years with the hopes

the modding community will help fill the game with life and all the development changes and troubles.

And that's the best case scenario at this point....:/

I'm guessing this one is just a joke.

20 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

That’s the part you need to figure out. 

Well, there's certainly no need to be condescending about it.  Nor passive-aggressive.  If it's so obvious to you, and if it's obvious I don't know what you are talking about, why not share your thoughts?

Eh. People are upset that the game is out for early access five years after start of the development. It hits different when it's, idk, two years, like originally planned (full) release. Makes people wonder what they've been doing for the last couple of years after first delay announcement.

I'm not talking about myself though, I only care about the fact that it's finally coming.

Edited by The Aziz

31 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Improving the game to be far beyond what it would have been if Intercept did cave in to community winging?

Is this implying the game is no longer getting improved as much after Feb 24th in your opinion, as compared to another delay and no early access?

Edited by MechBFP

I've noticed differences in quality between footages over the years, the 2019 pictures looked like KSP1 with pretty filter. Things have changed a lot until - as many thought - it nearly peaked in most of the footage of 2021 and early 2022. The whole videos about exoplanets and interstellar travel sounded like it was close to being ready, and here we are, hearing it won't come until who knows when. Even considering the fact that the Interstellar engines looked ready years ago. But the mechanics of it weren't, even when they were planned from the very beginning.

I could only blame that on undersized (is that a word?) team with a huge task at hand. As far as I know, they're not a huge TripleA studio that works on yet another copypasted title. Don't blame the people, blame the lack of people. 

Edited by The Aziz

2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Science wasn't part of the original game.  Neither was repairing stuff in space.

Are you being ironic or do you really think so?

2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

AND you will end up getting all of those features at no additional cost to you

Will we get them? And in what year? Will the roadmap change? Will bases and multiplayer become separate DLCs? For years I was convinced on the forum that since the developers do not show us a lot, limiting themselves to multi-colored clouds and planetary surfaces, this does not mean that no one is involved in the bases and everything is fine with the game. But now there was a revelation and it turned out that even the basic remaster of KSP1 is not ready, it will not be ready even in 4 months. Will there be new revelations?

Wait, people are mad that this game is just now entering early access? Why the hell are you still here being mad? Go touch grass or play something else, you should have left years ago...

Edited by regex

8 hours ago, MechBFP said:
8 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Improving the game to be far beyond what it would have been if Intercept did cave in to community winging?

Is this implying the game is no longer getting improved as much after Feb 24th in your opinion, as compared to another delay and no early access?

You're just going to forget the part where the devs said "we are opening EA because the game is in a state in which we think it's time to see what the community thinks"?

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'm guessing this one is just a joke.

I don't understand, i am not joking, its what will happen with absolute certainty at this point i am sure of it.

Except a worse case scenario where the game is never really fully completed.

5 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

The game has been in development for years and it's crystal clear that it would have been much smaller if not for the delays. I think either you're joking or you don't know what's going on.

I don't know how much smaller it could possibly have been.

The roadmap is literally every single new and exciting feature that was advertised for the sequel.

You have to scrap the bottom of the barrel to find any new exciting feature that justifies what you are saying.

I would say lets hope i am wrong and everything goes well but that moment is gone for me, we going to see another early access troubled development cycle

as we have seen already with so many games.

Edited by Serenity

8 hours ago, Serenity said:

The roadmap is literally every single new and exciting feature that was advertised for the sequel.

I don't see what's wrong with releasing these completed features in series so as to make sure that the community is focused on sharing feedback on one group of things at a time so that Intercept isn't overwhelmed with feedback on everything at once?

53 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

You're just going to forget the part where the devs said "we are opening EA because the game is in a state in which we think it's time to see what the community thinks"?

No, I just also remember the part where they said the game wasn’t going to be early access as well.

I did however forgot where they explained that dichotomy. Perhaps you can refresh my memory?

8 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

The answers above are sufficient - but I kind of speculate that the first Milestone will actually happen fairly quickly.  Science being an integral part of the current KSP, it's probably something that doesn't/won't take a lot more work to round out.  The Early Access 'sandbox only' is probably the best and most massive play testing that will find not only the most obvious problems with the core game - but a lot of the little things they never thought about b/c of being 'too close' to everything.  Once the bug hunting is done, adding in Science / whatever else they want with Step 2 basically brings us to a full-featured revamp of KSP1 - and all the other stuff is the 'new' features we've been excited by.

My prediction is that we get that within a relatively short time after Feb (short months) after which they will probably add Colonies some long months after with Interstellar, Exploration and MP (plus the update to be named later) coming in '24(+).

Now they plan to have Easter eggs / abnormalities as an integral part of the science system.  Large crystals or strange meteorites are examples given, so I assume they will be mostly mineral ones. 
These will take time to make, they might also want to randomize this a bit at least the smaller ones who are easier to place anywhere. 

Also balancing it is an issue, the tech tree will be way deeper, the LV-N and ion engines are not high tire anymore but think ion would be very nice for probes with the new warp under trust and even out of focus. 

I would not even want to talk about orion that is another issue

11 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Now they plan to have Easter eggs / abnormalities as an integral part of the science system.  Large crystals or strange meteorites are examples given, so I assume they will be mostly mineral ones. 

Where did you hear this? I heard there will be secrets Fromm the latest video, but I didn’t see anyone say it would be connected to science progression. If anything, I hope it isn’t connected to progression because I liked the intrinsic motivations of finding every anomaly or planting a flag on every body, and I feel like if it was made part of the mandatory progression, then it wouldn’t feel as special. 

38 minutes ago, t_v said:

Where did you hear this

The website confirmed anomalies.  It did not specifically say that they are tied to the science... But rather that more will be introduced when science hits.  Indicates, maybe (likely) that there is some benefit to science from finding... But that's a far cry from being required to advance 

I know I'm not the first one to post this,  but honestly; it bears repeating.

I had a lot of the same thoughts that I'm reading here in these recent pages. This video, from a commentator that's had a long history of interviewing the Devs, calmed a lot of the concerns for me.

In particular, his point that the Roadmap isn't because they're not ready, but because they've made a lot of assumptions in the 'redesign', and getting player feedback is a major part of their design process. By releasing in EA, they've drafted all of us to be their beta testers, and now they can see where the priorities should be BEFORE they release. Better before than after. 

We're used to the rollout of an EA project being years, but in reality it could be a few months to get to 1.0.

8 hours ago, Serenity said:

I don't know how much smaller it could possibly have been.

You have to scrap the bottom of the barrel to find any new exciting feature that justifies what you are saying.

I would say lets hope i am wrong and everything goes well but that moment is gone for me, we going to see another early access troubled development cycle

as we have seen already with so many games.

I’m sorry

EVERY NEW EXITING NEW FEATURE, speak for yourself, I am very excited for the next gen tech, the massively improved planets, interesting dres, and all the other things, furthermore, why would they do that, ALL OF YOU HAVE MISSED THE POINT, you realize that early access is meant to help both of us, us so that we can finally play that game, and them so that they can develop it better, you remember how ksp1 was is early release of almost half of its life, and now they are doing the same thing here, what kind of game do you think ksp1 would be if they just released it all at once? Not only that, but they have very high quality features, and are most likely fine tuning the rest, so I would expect more stuff soon. But don’t take my word for it, take all the YouTubers and devs who posted literally one day ago. And finally, cut them some slack, they have been working diligently on this game for 5 years, pouring all of their blood, sweat, and tears into one game. Why? FOR YOU, and now that it’s finally coming you choose to complain. Tell me, could YOU write such a huge game like that. No? That’s what I thought. So, all of you stop your complaining and be grateful that they have given you a game, and be exited for new updates

Edited by SSTO Crasher
Side note: You guys gotta be patient, this is basic Sun Tzu stuff

6 hours ago, t_v said:

Where did you hear this? I heard there will be secrets Fromm the latest video, but I didn’t see anyone say it would be connected to science progression. If anything, I hope it isn’t connected to progression because I liked the intrinsic motivations of finding every anomaly or planting a flag on every body, and I feel like if it was made part of the mandatory progression, then it wouldn’t feel as special. 

This tread is the source.