KSP2 Hype Train Thread

2 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

I'm really surprised that Intercept is using live recording for the soundtrack. I was wrong with that prediction. Well played Intercept, can't wait to actually listen to it.

2001: A Space Odyssey set a bar that good space movies have tried to maintain.  Maybe their thinking was that a good space game should strive a bit that direction also

LET'S GO, LIVE SOUNDTRACK!!!!

YES!!!

YEEESSS!!!!

HYPE HAS SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASED!!!!!

LIVE KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM SOUNDTRACK!!!!

Kerbal, I've always thought, is one of the best games to sink a lot of music budget into. A lot of what you're doing is pretty quiet, and slow-paced. I've always wished to hear the sound of real instruments, with real people behind them, while doing stuff, and NOW I CAN!!

Thank you devs!!

On 10/30/2022 at 3:39 PM, Scarecrow71 said:

It has already been confirmed that early access will be $49.99; they stated as much in the video last week.

did people originally think it would be 60 dollars?

2 hours ago, Catto said:

did people originally think it would be 60 dollars?

There's been a lot of speculation - with folks saying that given the cost of recent games and the effort & investment Take2 has put into it, they wouldn't be surprised if the full game cost that much.  I doubt there was ever even a whisper of confirmation of that speculative number.  Although, there were people who said they'd pay that much for a feature-complete version without thinking twice.

16 hours ago, TLTay said:

If your marketing peeps could go ahead and post this kind of thing in places that don't basically demand you to login... I can never seem to get insta or tiktak to let me watch anything. 

Sorry for the wait! *edit: Wrong file type, uploaded with new file type. 

5 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Look man, I can only get so hyped.  

we need that FLAC, 1 gb per minute audio to listen to the music fr fr.. ( just got my dt770 with fun stuff) and man music just hits different.) been listening to even "poor" quality music rips, and man i never heard some of the sounds in the song, so i cannot wait for ksp 2 music

2 hours ago, Vl3d said:

I told you guys this game has a big budget from Private Division (Take Two). AAA baby, Early Access AAA!

Yeah the live instrumentation… such a subtle and humanizing touch. Everything we’ve heard from Mostrom so far has been incredible. Do we know yet if its by planet or situational? 

8 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Yeah the live instrumentation… such a subtle and humanizing touch. Everything we’ve heard from Mostrom so far has been incredible. Do we know yet if its by planet or situational?

would be amazing if it were both, but I will be asking too much. If I had to be conservative then it'd be situation based with at least 1 theme for each planet.

If we have 3 star systems and an average of 7 planets each, we'd be looking at 21 songs, this wouldnt be including the songs that arent planet based like the song that plays when youre not near a planet (and if each planet has its own song, that means that each sun likely has its own star which complicates things even further). That is a large soundtrack for a game, while Id love for it to be the case, I think its unlikely. 

That being said, if it is the case then that would be incredible. There's also a lot of clever stuff you could do with it that would be amazing touches. Rusk and Rask could be two melodies that dance with each other, where the closer you get to one of them the louder it becomes. Jool could have an overlying theme, but each moon has a unique instrument it adds to that theme when you get nearby (this same thing could apply to all moons as well). Dres could just get the generic interplanetary theme.

Edited by Strawberry