KSP2 Hype Train Thread

8 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

What you said you consider a large soundtrack?

I'm sorry but you haven't seen much.

That's not a large soundtrack, that's a humongous one, like jesus. Also I play mostly indie games so my soundtrack expectations are skewed, but I feel like its rare to get a song with over 20 songs, and with the 21 figure being a lowball (as theres likely going to be four star systems, and all the non planet based songs could easily bump that figure up to 30-40 songs if one per planet approach is used), I dont think its going to be the case. 

Edited by Strawberry

I was going to mention the possibility of some adaptive music when I saw the "Trumpet 3" track (because recording instruments separately indicates that you want to edit them, potentially in-game), but this is pretty promising evidence! I don't know about a track for every planet, but I'm still hoping for more chimes to come in on cold planets. 

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Stardew Valley has 100 tracks. Slime Rancher 37. Starbound 64. Nothing is set in stone really.

Man I am terrible when it comes to actually listening to music in a game. If you would have asked me how many tracks Stardew Valley has I would have said something like 30 tops. 

1 hour ago, t_v said:

I was going to mention the possibility of some adaptive music when I saw the "Trumpet 3" track (because recording instruments separately indicates that you want to edit them, potentially in-game)

I thought this was standard practice? Surely recording instruments separately wouldn't help keep mixes from becoming too muddy, as well as making post editing easier.

If they are doing dynamic music they should do something like Breath of The Wild's field music for space where no 1 piece of music you hear when you are in space is the same. Maybe they could give each planet an orbital theme that plays every once in a wild, but most of the time it is just the randomized space music.
Scruffy talks about it here:

34 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I thought this was standard practice? Surely recording instruments separately wouldn't help keep mixes from becoming too muddy, as well as making post editing easier.

I thought that when recording in big orchestras, people tended to record most or all of the instruments together in order to have the orchestra playing together, as there are minor variations in everyone's playing unless they are well synchronized. But if you have something that shows otherwise, I'd love to see it. I was a bit concerned that what I had was wrong, so I went to search it up and the algorithm didn't produce any results for or against what I thought was the case. 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:30 PM, The Aziz said:

Stardew Valley has 100 tracks.

That man is out of his mind. I still can’t understand how he did all that. 

One cool thing about having a theme per planet is it would be a great Gustav Holst reference. There’s also some great space themes by Mozart, Glass, and Penderecki, not to mention all the 2001 references. Kerbal has a very light-hearted vibe but I hope they get spooky and modern on some of them. Space is such a sublime environment. 

Edit wow yall really let me get away with “Motzart” all day haha

Edited by Pthigrivi

15 hours ago, t_v said:

I thought that when recording in big orchestras, people tended to record most or all of the instruments together in order to have the orchestra playing together, as there are minor variations in everyone's playing unless they are well synchronized. But if you have something that shows otherwise, I'd love to see it. I was a bit concerned that what I had was wrong, so I went to search it up and the algorithm didn't produce any results for or against what I thought was the case. 

They will play together, but can still be recorded as individual tracks.   Often the mics are designed to only mainly pick up one instrument.     If you really want to obsess over isolating each instrument, you can set them up in their own tiny studio and have them play together, but separately.   A lot of music schools have the capability of doing this. 

8 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Oh I totally want some spooky, making-you-uncertain-about-your-future theme around Rausk twins

Bonus points if on every other body the game determines you're 'coming in hot' and starts playing the 'exciting times' music.

(But please, no 'Waaamp Waaaa' when I pickle the Kerbal.  Something somber.  Respectful.)

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

1 hour ago, SSTO Crasher said:

I’m thinking super dark terrifying horror movie music for eve 

Yeah something eerie and dissonant with synths, so you can almost smell the toxic air and water. 

6 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

There's a new photo on instagram it seems.

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck8u670JrSy/

Edited by Pthigrivi

This thread can be used for a conversation about the new and old promotional videos for KSP. I really like the animations from 9-10 years ago - they really added to the lore and character development. Hope we get something as entertaining for KSP2.

And because we might be getting a new trailer soon, don't forget to rewatch the most epic cinematic ever made.

Edited by Vl3d

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

If it's about KSP 1, it doesn't belong here. If you want to discuss what type of marketing, trailer, etc we might see for KSP 2, then there's already a thread for that:

It's not clear that the OP is mainly about the initial KSP1 Early Access promotional animations and asking if we're going to see something similar for KSP2?