KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Valentina Kerman is the first official female kerbal and the first new kerbal on the initial roster after the original three. She is a pilot and has the "badass" flag. In common with other female kerbals (aka Kerbalinas), she has a smaller head than the men, wears a bun and has eyelashes. She can be seen floating in front of Kerbin on the Start Game menu (identified by the 1.0 readme file).

Valentina Kerman - Kerbal Space Program Wiki

What is she up to these days?

Have we lost our original four? ( - well, except for Stuffy Jeb; we've seen him.) 

No love for the female pilots, engineers and scientists?

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Valentina Kerman - Kerbal Space Program Wiki

What is she up to these days?

Have we lost our original four? ( - well, except for Stuffy Jeb; we've seen him.) 

No love for the female pilots, engineers and scientists?

She's apparently been in more stuff than Jeb has. She's the one with the messy brown hair I think.

1 minute ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

What about Bob?  His emotions are always a hoot:

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Hello! 

Just to clarify, while we are showing some new Kerbals that you may come across KSP2, Jeb, Val, Bill, Bob, and Tim C. will return in KSP2 as well! :cool: 

20 minutes ago, Ghostii_Space said:

Just to clarify, while we are showing some new Kerbals that you may come across KSP2, Jeb, Val, Bill, Bob, and Tim C. will return in KSP2 as well!

Great!  My daughter's favorite character.  She was worried that KSP2 would be all new characters because she hadn't seen Val laughing her maniacal laugh in the face of danger.

20 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Great!  My daughter's favorite character.  She was worried that KSP2 would be all new characters because she hadn't seen Val laughing her maniacal laugh in the face of danger.

D'aw, that's adorable!

19 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

There have also been threads in the past about adding some nice historical references to other famous women in space flight history, Sally, Christa, Mae, Peggy.... 

That would be a welcome addition. I do hope the 'starter' group of kerbals gets expanded.

21 hours ago, Ghostii_Space said:

Hello! 

Just to clarify, while we are showing some new Kerbals that you may come across KSP2, Jeb, Val, Bill, Bob, and Tim C. will return in KSP2 as well! :cool: 

Excellent. Val's been my main. I'd miss her.

Just now, Zaffre said:

Excellent. Val's been my main. I'd miss her.

Yeah - the original KSP did a great job with her - not just unflappable, but clearly seeming to enjoy whatever craziness was happening.

My daughter was quite young when she first started watching me play KSP - and I had this plane I'd built that she was watching me fly. 

I was focused on the plane and trying nap of the earth flying through the mountains, trying to tuck it through the tightest terrain.  I figured she was like me; looking at the performance of something I'd built in game.  It could spin, bank, turn... it was just fun to fly.

Nope.

"I like that Kerbal best, Daddy.  She looks like she's having fun!"

2 hours ago, Nirgal said:

I suspect these daily Kerbal portraits are representations of the entire KSP2 staff

They are actually all randomly generated! Any resemblance to real life people is purely coincidental. I do look forward to more instances of "Hey this random kerbal looks like me!"

I wonder if some kerbals will have the older more edged head type or all kerbals will have the same newer more rounded head shapes. Either way looks great

Also will all kerbals have the same jumpsuits, or will the different classes have different ones? Maybe the one we are seeing is the generic jumpsuit? Whatever that means.

Edited by Strawberry