KSP2 Hype Train Thread

16 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

The hair covers the top, the jaws are definitely different but we dont know if the top will be different. 

If there is a top.

If it isn't cut to skip the invisible polygons.

(Warning, shocking content.)

Spoiler
Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHow3-t379-uCrC5KxqgB

1 minute ago, tilliepops said:

i think the schedule is the last friday of each month

That's not true, because if you look at the days, some of them are at the start of the month, some of them are in the middle and some of them are at the end. There is no set schedule based off that. 

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Any hint as to when the next Dev Diary or Show and Tell is? I'm dying to see more! 

I would expect one sometime this month as a little Christmas gift; I don't think it will cover something new (like colonies or multiplayer) given that we won't see those for a few updates during EA, so maybe we could expect something like a recap of all the development + new in-depth footage of things we've already seen, or a demo (I can dream). Regardless, we're two and a half months away from EA release, so I really hope we get a nice treat for the holidays. If we don't get a dev diary, maybe they'll show off all the crafts the dev team has come up with in-game as a teaser to what we can build ourselves.

1 minute ago, Domonian said:

I would expect one sometime this month as a little Christmas gift; I don't think it will cover something new (like colonies or multiplayer) given that we won't see those for a few updates during EA, so maybe we could expect something like a recap of all the development + new in-depth footage of things we've already seen, or a demo (I can dream). Regardless, we're two and a half months away from EA release, so I really hope we get a nice treat for the holidays. If we don't get a dev diary, maybe they'll show off all the crafts the dev team has come up with in-game as a teaser to what we can build ourselves.

Well, it would probably be the week before Christmas as the team will more than likely take 2 to 3 weeks off to enjoy the holidays with the family. As for what it could be, I mean, they have plenty to show off still, even if it's just about stuff in KSP 1 that's been revamped. I doubt we'll see a demo, lol, I mean, EA is kind of the demo in a way. 

I would just like a time frame of when to expect more content. 

26 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I would just like a time frame of when to expect more content.

I think any time frames we had are just about out the window now that we have an EA release date. The 4-5 months between feature episodes doesn't work, since its 2.5 months till EA itself and the last one was about a month and a half ago (so we might get one but I personally think its unlikely). Dev diaries are all over the place, between 2 and 4 months apart, so we could expect one more soonish if they follow the same pattern. We genuinely don't know what's going on over there, but I think it's safe to expect an increase in content starting next year or even in February at the latest. All we can do is wait, but at least now we know how long we actually have to wait for.

Edited by Domonian

It's consistent in such way that we're getting one update per month.

June - Devblog 14

July - S&T Mammoth

August - Devblog 15

September - S&T Jool

October - Feature video

November - Devblog 16

There's still a chance for something, most likely another S&T this month. But don't get your hopes too high, as it may or may not happen. And most of the updates appear late in the month, mind you, it's data from this year only - no point in looking further back as things changed, like you well know, from Showntells being every two weeks etc.

Edited by The Aziz

On 12/11/2022 at 4:47 AM, GoldForest said:

@Ghostii_Space Any hint as to when the next Dev Diary or Show and Tell is? I'm dying to see more! 

On 12/11/2022 at 6:19 AM, tilliepops said:

i think the schedule is the last friday of each month

Usually towards the end of the month, yes! Sometimes that's a Friday, sometimes it's not. However December will be different then previous months. :wink: 

On 12/11/2022 at 9:22 AM, GoldForest said:

That's not true, because if you look at the days, some of them are at the start of the month, some of them are in the middle and some of them are at the end. There is no set schedule based off that. 

Yep, it is almost as if they do it when they have time and see the need to do so.  Like most ppl, I guess

3 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

FjyunK1XoAASkmg?format=jpg&name=medium

Posted on the twitter. 

The fact that we can see the plasma on the sun instead of just a big bright light bulb is very nice! IMO at least.

I'm more interested in the reflection on the helmet, I wonderwhat type of reflection it is.
It LOOKS raytraced but let's not jump into conclusions here, Cube maps are capable of getting very similar results; KSP mods already do this. So, I wonder is it dynamic cube maps or something else? Not many types of reflections are capable of reflecting from curved surfaces.
I don't see any refraction so this is probably not raytracing.

29 minutes ago, Thundy said:

I'm more interested in the reflection on the helmet, I wonderwhat type of reflection it is.
It LOOKS raytraced but let's not jump into conclusions here, Cube maps are capable of getting very similar results; KSP mods already do this. So, I wonder is it dynamic cube maps or something else? Not many types of reflections are capable of reflecting from curved surfaces.
I don't see any refraction so this is probably not raytracing.

Hmmm. You just made me realize that we don't know if this is in game or just some fancy unity/blender poster shot. 

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Hmmm. You just made me realize that we don't know if this is in game or just some fancy unity/blender poster shot. 

I'm expecting Kerbol to be exceptionally bright - unless perhaps viewed via some special probe/scanner part we can unlock.  Otherwise?  It will look weird to be at Mun and see that.

17 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Can kerbals get a tan? Or dirt on their face and suits (Mun dust)? Can they grow a beard?

No, no tans.   As fan canon says, they’re descended from a plant species, so part of their energy source is from photosynthesis.   So they just absorb most of the light and reflect the rest.   
Similarly, they don’t grow beards per se, but sprout little bits of thorny stubble that looks like a beard.   Which I guess makes it a beard.  

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

Do they wilt?

Yes, without enough snacks and water they will wilt.    More like a hibernation state.   Perfect for space travel.  

(I had something around here about pseudo invisible predators trying to burrow into their under ground dens, hence the large heads and hibernations, it made sense then)