KSP2 Hype Train Thread

1 minute ago, The Aziz said:

Aha! You say that but there's about 2 hour difference between releases on steam and epic, and I don't know when ksp site releases things.

I probably should have added a little stipulation that the release time might be an hour or two off. 

But general rule of thumb, iirc, is that it's 11/12 EST/CST on Steam

Edited by GoldForest

9 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I probably should have added a little stipulation that the release time might be an hour or two off. 

I'm going to shake my raised, clenched fist softly and think of you who played with my patience and causing me to have to wait another hour or two. :huh:;)

2 hours ago, Snafu225 said:

I'm going to shake my raised, clenched fist softly and think of you who played with my patience and causing me to have to wait another hour or two. :huh:;)

Yeah I hear ya... It's only been 29,777 hours since I saw the announcement trailer and got excited about KSP2 in the first place... 

https://www.google.com/search?q=hours+since+August+19%2C+2019&oq=hours+since+August+19%2C+2019+&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i15i22i29i30.14042j0j9&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

My opinion about Mun Arch

Spoiler

KerbalSpaceProgram11.png

I believe this is Kerbol system. You see on the left big yellow circle - Kerbol, than blue with satellite - Eve with Gilly, than green/yellow - Kerbin with Mun. Also you can see satellite from fourth part - I'm sure it is Ike and fourth part represents Duna.
I think before KSP2 release we will see full arch, maybe with new celestial body or not. Or it is another star system which we will see later, but it is very unlikely

3 minutes ago, Vortygont said:

My opinion about Mun Arch

Hide contents

KerbalSpaceProgram11.png

I believe this is Kerbol system. You see on the left big yellow circle - Kerbol, than blue with satellite - Eve with Gilly, than green/yellow - Kerbin with Mun. Also you can see satellite from fourth part - I'm sure it is Ike and fourth part represents Duna.
I think before KSP2 release we will see full arch, maybe with new celestial body or not. Or it is another star system which we will see later, but it is very unlikely

We need the final binary image message fully decoded for it to make sense.

Has anyone tried to slam another probe into the arch?

15 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

We need the final binary image message fully decoded for it to make sense.

Has anyone tried to slam another probe into the arch?

That will do nothing. It's a static prop, not a destroyable one, and there's no more model besides the tiny bit hidden to the right of the yellow circle, which with camera clipping is confirmed to be jool. 

13 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

That will do nothing. It's a static prop, not a destroyable one, and there's no more model besides the tiny bit hidden to the right of the yellow circle, which with camera clipping is confirmed to be jool. 

Interesting! Do you have any theories about which planets are which then? If the green is Jool (which sounds like it almost definitely is) and the purple is Eve(probably?), why isn't Duna shown? Or Minmus? Unless it's covered by the arch still. Fascinating! 

19 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Interesting! Do you have any theories about which planets are which then? If the green is Jool (which sounds like it almost definitely is) and the purple is Eve(probably?), why isn't Duna shown? Or Minmus? Unless it's covered by the arch still. Fascinating! 

Giant yellow is Kerbol
Purple is Eve
The yellow to the right is Duna (Sepculative)
Green is Jool. 
All other planets are not shown.

29 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Giant yellow is Kerbol
Purple is Eve
The yellow to the right is Duna (Sepculative)
Green is Jool. 
All other planets are not shown.

Sorry, but that doesn't seem right to me. I think there's another meaning.

Hey, checkout theory about 8 planet, there is user who came up with it

OMG!!! I remember that 2nd gas giant was planned but it wasnt added in original KSP

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Gas_planet_2#:~:text=Sarnus%2C the actual second Gas,fluff moons%3A Hale and Ovok.

Maybe they will finally add it?! Rewatch Celestial architecture episode now!!!! We saw gas giant with rings and asteroids!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Vortygont said:

Hey, checkout theory about 8 planet, there is user who came up with it

OMG!!! I remember that 2nd gas giant was planned but it wasnt added in original KSP

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Gas_planet_2#:~:text=Sarnus%2C the actual second Gas,fluff moons%3A Hale and Ovok.

Maybe they will finally add it?! Rewatch Celestial architecture episode now!!!! We saw gas giant with rings and asteroids!!!!!!

Can you share a link directly to that tweet instead of embeding it? The embed doesn't appear to work.

Looks like they are setting up a story and lore for KSP2. Here a video where I checked the Alien Artifacts that were added in the Mun Arch anomalies in the latest 1.12.5 Patch.

I cound't sample new science, nor could I use the scanning arm on them. So no further interactions, besides looking and landing on them. Maybe more updates leading to KSP2's release will show more. And I still have to conduct crash tests, maybe we can break more of the Arch in-game. :D

I think the others will break and reveal various different parts of the arch as KSP2 is released and developed, if there is a reveal of some kind (say another planet or aliens) then it will be be revealed through the arches before being added to the second game.

Wow it's like the whole community just came alive all at once, so many things happened today and it's awesome to finally see the second game get some much needed buildup. The hype train has never had so much steam to work with before. Powering ahead to our final stop! :D 

On 1/9/2023 at 10:52 AM, Jacob Kerman said:

Oh. Well then, now I feel like a ;.;

LOL all good bro.  I didn't necessarily create the timeline for those of us on the forums.  Everyone here is pretty up to date on ksp2 news as most everything the devs release are posted somewhere under the forum tabs.  Not to mention with @The Aziz's work on what is practically the unofficial ksp2 wiki...  I created the timeline mainly for the ksp reddit community.  The ksp community on reddit as a whole is with out a doubt the most uninformed of members.  To no fault of their own I might add.  Not everyone wants to read forums these days I guess.  People in the unofficial ksp2 subreddit would post questions like "what happened to ksp2?"  or, "the devs never give us updates."  I wanted to create something where they could go and see all the info dumps that the devs have given us in chronological order since the game's announcement so they are able to see not only when the most recent info release was, but also to show them that contrary to their beliefs, the ksp2 devs have actually been pretty communicative with us and the happenings behind the scenes of developing the game.  By looking at the timeline, it was interesting to see patterns form and be able to be pretty accurate in guessing when the next big piece of news would drop.

Edited by DrCHIVES

4 hours ago, Space Scumbag said:

Looks like they are setting up a story and lore for KSP2. Here a video where I checked the Alien Artifacts that were added in the Mun Arch anomalies in the latest 1.12.5 Patch.

I cound't sample new science, nor could I use the scanning arm on them. So no further interactions, besides looking and landing on them. Maybe more updates leading to KSP2's release will show more. And I still have to conduct crash tests, maybe we can break more of the Arch in-game. :D

If you crash into the metallic part, it doesn't say anything special in the mission report window, does it?