KSP2 Hype Train Thread

2 hours ago, Continuum said:

wait so do we have a early access time yet or is it just February 24th?

We don't have an official time, but most releases happen around noon cst. It's safe to assume that KSP 2 will go live at 12:00 PM CST on February 24th. 

Edited by GoldForest

Just now, GoldForest said:

We don't have an official time, but most releases happen around noon cst. It's safe to assume that KSP 2 will go live at 12:00 PM CST on February 24th. 

Oh…. I see what they meant now. :D  

4 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

You might be lucky, as far as I can tell it's just an eternal day/night cycle with music overlooking the KSC

While you're right. There's a couple things I've noticed so far that might interest some people.

First, it appears to be part of the KSP2 soundtrack that's playing. I say this because it includes the show and tell music I've come to know and love.

Second, it says "Beta Gameplay" at the bottom. Meaning what you see is what we'll actually get. Here's what I've noticed so far:

• The clouds cast shadows and change shape as they roll along.
  • At night, the sky reflects off the water and looks amazing.

As people have already noticed in other Beta screenshots, there is quite a lot of aliasing... I hope this is just anti aliasing turned off or it gets added rather soon..

Also I noticed the trees and their shadows looking a bit not high quality.

Maybe these are just low graphics settings

Just now, Ahres said:

First, it appears to be part of the KSP2 soundtrack that's playing. I say this because it includes the show and tell music I've come to know and love.

Yes, I thought the same

Just now, Ahres said:

At night, the sky reflects off the water and looks amazing

That looks frickadelling amazing!

Just now, Ahres said:

The clouds cast shadows and change shape as they roll along.

Yes and I think they look great to be fair, as "simple" as they might seem

Also buildings from left to right (pressumably)

1. VAB
  2. Obviously a Planetarium,  jk it's most likely R&D
  3. Tracking Station
  4. Astronaut Complex with either Strategy/Mission Control in the back

Yeah the clouds look great. It'll be cool to see more diversity eventually, cirrus clouds and thunderheads. Another thing that I think wouldn't be that hard to integrate would be a hue shift in the ambient lighting from orange to blue at sunset/ sunrise. 

Music is incredible as always <3 

Edited by Pthigrivi

So I'm watching the "KCS beats to relax/study to" stream over on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

The clouds look nice but leave a bit to be desired after the clouds we saw here: https://youtu.be/2s84Rwwng0o  

The night time skybox looks a bit odd; seeing stars and stuff is nice but it looks like there's no atmosphere, and I'm personally not a fan of it. I think those sort of views should be limited to empty space and planets with no atmosphere to block it. 

EDIT: I suppose you'd get some of those views from not having any light pollution, but I'm not a doctor and haven't ever seen anything like it myself. 

Edited by Domonian

Wow. I totally forgot KSP2 is coming out before too long! PleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGood

A QR for the official KSP2 Discord was posted on Twitter. It looks like things are really ramping up. Fingers crossed...

16 minutes ago, Domonian said:

So I'm watching the "KCS beats to relax/study to" stream over on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

The clouds look nice but leave a bit to be desired after the clouds we saw here: https://youtu.be/2s84Rwwng0o  

The night time skybox looks a bit odd; seeing stars and stuff is nice but it looks like there's no atmosphere, and I'm personally not a fan of it. I think those sort of views should be limited to empty space and planets with no atmosphere to block it. 

EDIT: I suppose you'd get some of those views from not having any light pollution, but I'm not a doctor and haven't ever seen anything like it myself. 

21 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Yeah the clouds look great. It'll be cool to see more diversity eventually, cirrus clouds and thunderheads. Another thing that I think wouldn't be that hard to integrate would be a hue shift in the ambient lighting from orange to blue at sunset/ sunrise. 

Music is incredible as always <3 

seems im not to insane.