KSP2 Hype Train Thread

I was watching... it was dark and the sky; the stars were clearly 'moving' as Kerbin rotated.  Clouds made the stars twinkle.  Waiting, hoping for sunrise.  

Clicked over to here to read the thread.

The music changed.

Sun was up and the image/direction of the camera in the KSC was (maybe) different?

No sunrise for me; but KSC looks good!

Liking the shadows and clouds... and trees.  And... yeah; all of it!

Now I'm thinking about 'Rovering' all over KSC as soon as my download ends on Feb 24!

I did catch a sunset.  Fade to dark was quick; I do believe (/hope for in-game) that that is a feature of KSC's equatorial location.  Now I'm wondering whether 'northern' (or 'southern') sunsets will be longer?

37 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Sunsets are quick because Kerbins rotation is quick. Even at normal speed it would take no longer than few minutes.

it was also sped up by a decent amount so the 5-6 minute at MOST 10 minutes sun set, is gone in 30-40 seconds, so to see the sun set for so many "seconds" even sped up is pretty good

7 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I think it's safe to assume that the beta gameplay videos are using low graphics settings, to improve frame rate.

If so, they're a bit over a month from launch and what is presumably a high end PC has to run the game at low settings.

That's somewhat concerning.

14 hours ago, Snafu225 said:

Also buildings from left to right (pressumably)

1. VAB
  2. Obviously a Planetarium,  jk it's most likely R&D
  3. Tracking Station
  4. Astronaut Complex with either Strategy/Mission Control in the back

I think number 2 is actually the observatory that's been confirmed by Nate himself to be a feature of the game. 

13 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I think it's safe to assume that the beta gameplay videos are using low graphics settings, to improve frame rate.

It makes no sense for them to run at low graphics settings. They should be running at least at mid to high to show off the textures in a good way. 

Like @Luriss said, if those are low graphics for high frame rates, then that is concerning. 

7 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Still Id love to see the ambient light redden as the sun rises and sets. Its looking a bit washed out. Maybe even a bit of afterglow? And after there’s a pretty intense blue and violet tone just at dusk. 

I definitely missed the golden hour in the footage.

8 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Still Id love to see the ambient light redden as the sun rises and sets. Its looking a bit washed out. Maybe even a bit of afterglow? And after there’s a pretty intense blue and violet tone just at dusk. 

image.png

Yeah I would definitely like to see a shot where they added the shadows and scattered lighting/distance fog back in! Sadly the sunrises and sunsets didnt get its best look in the stream since these polish features were omitted in the build they were using. 

If I don't get blue sunsets on Duna I'm gonna be very disappointed. And by the looks of it, it doesn't seem I'll get them.

Speaking of which, we know there used to be some pretty shots

TSLNhJo.png

ItoHdBd.png

Edited by The Aziz

1 hour ago, Xelo said:

image.png

Yeah I would definitely like to see a shot where they added the shadows and scattered lighting/distance fog back in! Sadly the sunrises and sunsets didnt get its best look in the stream since these polish features were omitted in the build they were using. 

56 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

If I don't get blue sunsets on Duna I'm gonna be very disappointed. And by the looks of it, it doesn't seem I'll get them.

Speaking of which, we know there used to be some pretty shots

TSLNhJo.png

ItoHdBd.png

I really hope the stream is just from the editor, those pre-alpha screenshots we got are amazing, if such fog and afterglow exists then we won't need to worry about how ugly that stream is.

Even if the cosmetics don't live up to our expectations, there's always mods. I'm sure EVE, Planetshine, Parralax, and all the other planet face lifting mods will be created for KSP 2 in no time. 

There's also the fact that Intercept will be willing to change or improve things over the course of EA. 

They said it themselves. They want to KNOW what we like and don't like, so it can be changed now when it's easy and not later when it's hard.

Edited by GoldForest

Just now, GoldForest said:

I'm sure EVE, Planetshine, Parralax, and all the other planet face lifting mods will be created for KSP 2 in no time. 

But do you really want to spend 50-60$ on a 2023 game that needs mods to look good?

1 minute ago, Vl3d said:

But do you really want to spend 50-60$ on a 2023 game that needs mods to look good?

I don't want to, but I'm not against it either. I mean, KSP 1 needs all those mods and more to look good. 

Also, I editted my post. I said Intercept will be willing to change the cosmetics to suit what players want, so we probably won't need mods, but they're there if Intercept doesn't deliver. Not saying they won't, just saying mods are always a possibility. 

Im not that worried, they already have these graphics features somewhere. Id imagine bringing it all together to be part of this beta phase. If not then, my 50$ aint going anywhere while the game works to reach expectations over EA, after which i will purchase.

Just now, The Aziz said:

They're creating amazing surfaces, water with waves, puffy clouds, but forget to add atmospheric scattering? Doubtful.

Please don't add KSP1 to the mix because it's a game made with very basic 2011 graphics in mind.

Not saying they did, just saying it's early and we should expect some things not to be up to par with our expectations yet, and if those expectations aren't eventually met, there are modders waiting to fill the gaps left by Intercept.