KSP2 Hype Train Thread

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

I think the adapter above is 3.75m and the engine shown is 2.5m? It is a curious thing though given Nertea's engine logic breakdown. Any chance its a funky NERVA variant?

I think its 5 to 3-75 meter interface and then the 5 engine block is 3.75 meter. Yes this assumes its an block of LV-N sized engines but why make an smaller nuclear engine and group them?
you can put 4 1.25 meter engines on an 2.5 meter base plate, 5 require 3.75, also the top tank is 5 meters. 

13 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

We've seen this tutorial before. It's not new. Oh... we might get to see the finished version!

I doubt they would show a whole tutorial, but it's a possibility. I'm thinking they may be showing clips for new tutorials getting into specific subjects like Oberth effect, gravity assists, craft design, etc.

41 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

It's probably a Show and Tell or Feature Video. My money's on Show and Tell because we just had a Feature Episode, too soon for another...

Just throwing my two cents in before my class starts, but I'm pretty sure the feature episodes are done with as of recording rockets. They ended the "something more" mystery with that video, AND they set up the making KSP2's soundtrack documentary at the end of that episode.

Just now, Missingno200 said:

They ended the "something more" mystery with that video,

Oh right, I completely forgot about that. Just throwing ideas out there: maybe they reveal the solution to the mistery or double down on the mun arch stuff? 

3 hours ago, tstein said:

That can be just color adjustment from where the image was taken. Green is complementary of Red so if they made any photoshoping and adjustment of the color they might have shifted the balance towards green.

A great theory, with only one tiny shortcoming: the complementary color of red is cyan. In RYB models it's indeed green, but that's a subjective model and not the RGB model (based on actual behavior of light) employed in computer graphics.

16 minutes ago, Missingno200 said:

Just throwing my two cents in before my class starts, but I'm pretty sure the feature episodes are done with as of recording rockets. They ended the "something more" mystery with that video, AND they set up the making KSP2's soundtrack documentary at the end of that episode.

Why would they end just because of a teaser? I think that was just them teasing a video that is in the making. I'm sure we'll get tons more.

Also, my phone hates the forums. Anybody know why it keeps wanting to highlight everything?

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Why would they end? I think that was just them teasing a video that is in the making.

What is left to cover? They've covered practically everything they could without spoiling things. Even if you could come up with something(something on colonies, for example,) it seems like they've done their best to wrap things up.

Again, there's no mystery, that's been finished, and they haven't started a new mystery either for the videos(just the arch in game.) They've also set up the first announcement of a behind the scenes documentary, which isn't something I'd expect something expecting a sequel to end with(I would've expected setup for another episode, like the previous ones.)

To top it all off, we have EA approaching, which will cover most, if not nearly ALL of what they could cover in a feature video. At this point, doing feature videos about something that we'll have our hands on in T-4 weeks seems redundant, and doing feature videos on things that won't be there on launch will risk destroying a strong sense of exploration of new features.

Now there is still a chance that we'll still get them, as they may use them as a way to do marketing for 1.0 release, but I just find it generally slim odds they will for the reasons above. I hope I'm wrong about that being the last one, these videos have been a blast to watch and I'd honestly like more myself.

Edited by Missingno200
*Mason jar filled with yellow fluid breaks sfx.*

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Possibly some more peeks at some new tutorials? 

I've said it before, but I'd love it if they dropped the Tutorial videos early on YouTube, or made the Tutorials a demo. Let us chew on them for a week, figure out the basics, then get the game. Shorten the learning curve a bit. Honestly, that curve is what made me wait so long to get into KSP1.

1 hour ago, Missingno200 said:

What is left to cover? They've covered practically everything they could without spoiling things. Even if you could come up with something(something on colonies, for example,) it seems like they've done their best to wrap things up.

Again, there's no mystery, that's been finished, and they haven't started a new mystery either for the videos(just the arch in game.) They've also set up the first announcement of a behind the scenes documentary, which isn't something I'd expect something expecting a sequel to end with(I would've expected setup for another episode, like the previous ones.)

To top it all off, we have EA approaching, which will cover most, if not nearly ALL of what they could cover in a feature video. At this point, doing feature videos about something that we'll have our hands on in T-4 weeks seems redundant, and doing feature videos on things that won't be there on launch will risk destroying a strong sense of exploration of new features.

Now there is still a chance that we'll still get them, as they may use them as a way to do marketing for 1.0 release, but I just find it generally slim odds they will for the reasons above. I hope I'm wrong about that being the last one, these videos have been a blast to watch and I'd honestly like more myself.

"only a spoonful" (the edit)

30 minutes ago, stephensmat said:

I've said it before, but I'd love it if they dropped the Tutorial videos early on YouTube, or made the Tutorials a demo. Let us chew on them for a week, figure out the basics, then get the game. Shorten the learning curve a bit.

I feel like that's the plan.

30 minutes ago, Vl3d said:
1 hour ago, stephensmat said:

I've said it before, but I'd love it if they dropped the Tutorial videos early on YouTube, or made the Tutorials a demo. Let us chew on them for a week, figure out the basics, then get the game. Shorten the learning curve a bit.

I feel like that's the plan.

With all the talk in other posts about  a marketing campaign...Wouldn't it be perfect to have full tutorial videos every friday, 4 in all until launch!? Cover the basics up until orbit or something :D

1 hour ago, stephensmat said:

I've said it before, but I'd love it if they dropped the Tutorial videos early on YouTube, or made the Tutorials a demo. Let us chew on them for a week, figure out the basics, then get the game. Shorten the learning curve a bit. Honestly, that curve is what made me wait so long to get into KSP1.

That won't be possible if the tutorials  in the game are interactive, or with interactive sections between short clips. They would lose a lot of context in that case.

3 minutes ago, Domonian said:

nightlaunch.pngNight is dark now, would you look at that!

nightlaunchwkerbal.png?width=1251&heightSomeone said "put a kerbal in it"

WAIT

and b4 where AA...

that kerbal kinda bright his suit must have drl's ( really should state this is highly satire )

Edited by Stephensan

9 minutes ago, Domonian said:

nightlaunch.pngNight is dark now, would you look at that!

nightlaunchwkerbal.png?width=1251&heightSomeone said "put a kerbal in it"

That's beautiful lighting. Hope we get mist sometimes. Also we should see the Mun illuminating with phases.

Mods cannot do anything correctly on the discord, there should been no reason for it to happen even in changing who sees or not.. just yoinked all of there "hidden channels" due to them unlocking them temporary  for seeing...

stuff has changed, and what not, but i think they really need to do rolls there, having "one role for the masses" completely ruins everything if you need change some roles real quick. etc.

why would do that tho.

mgnMaeY.png

4 hours ago, magnemoe said:

I think its 5 to 3-75 meter interface and then the 5 engine block is 3.75 meter. Yes this assumes its an block of LV-N sized engines but why make an smaller nuclear engine and group them?
you can put 4 1.25 meter engines on an 2.5 meter base plate, 5 require 3.75, also the top tank is 5 meters. 

Yeah everyone thinks that and I think you're all wrong haha. The core of the vessel is 3.75m, the gold tanks are 5, the top of the adapter is back to 3.75, and the engine is 2.5.

VnJCE3b.png

8 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

Mods cannot do anything correctly on the discord, there should been no reason for it to happen even in changing who sees or not.. just yoinked all of there "hidden channels" due to them unlocking them temporary  for seeing...

stuff has changed, and what not, but i think they really need to do rolls there, having "one role for the masses" completely ruins everything if you need change some roles real quick. etc.

why would do that tho.

....wut?

I literally have no idea what you are talking about.