KSP2 Hype Train Thread

3 minutes ago, SolarAdmiral said:

I also don't remember where it was said. But I wanted to clarify. It was a hard no to props and robotics in the first release of the game. But it wasn't a total blanket no that they would never be added to the game either in a later update or a dlc. So, no robotics and props at first and probably at least a few years. But I wouldn't discount them being added eventually though maybe as a dlc.

I got from the statement way back when that it was only no to EA. 

There is no reason for them to keep those parts out of the game indefinitely - would not be a true KSP2 without the features of KSP 

24 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I would like to have robotic parts too, but again, I won't be disappointed if they're never added. Why? Mods. I guarantee that Infernal Robotics will be ported over. 

I would dearly miss my robotics.

As much as I loved the idea of adding robotics. Sometimes they were just as frustrating as they were helpful.

When they do get around to adding robotics, I'd love to also get some pre-built props and helicopter rotors probably ducted fans too, so we can just snap them on as completed engines rather than have to assemble them from pieces.

And we could really use a much more rigid servo rotor. I'd love to build stuff with an engine on a 90 degree swivel. But the ones in ksp1 are too weak to put any powerful engine on.

There has been talk on Discord about devs doing Q&A livestream after EA launches, if they have time.

Also..

• PD | Dakota

Today at 2:51 AM
    The game is releasing in Early Access which means that we're very eager to hear your feedback about everything. The community's feedback will fuel the development process so it's paramount we continue to hear your requests, suggestions, and opinions. Alongside that, making games takes time so patience will also be important. Y'all already make this job fun, so keep doing that. Your passion for the game fuels all of us, so keep making cool things - memes, videos, fanart, anything. That my own personal ask from the community. I'll let the other CMs chime in if they have anything else.

And the minimum / recommended PC specs will be announced "closer to launch".

Also the team seems to be pretty active there, if you have good specific questions maybe they will be answered directly (but don't ping devs - it's in the rules).

Edited by Vl3d

42 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Also the team seems to be pretty active there, if you have good specific questions maybe they will be answered directly (but don't ping devs - it's in the rules).

Seems like we're second banana to the Discord, at least for now. That's fun. Oh well, as long as the forum remains with some daily activity I don't mind it too much. It's when the forums outright collapse that I become embittered over Discord.

2 minutes ago, Missingno200 said:

Seems like we're second banana to the Discord, at least for now. That's fun.

You can't read mods pages on Discord. So..

Also, as long as devs read the game suggestions on the Forum, I'm ok with it. I'm sure Discord users will share any news with us.

• Community Manager
36 minutes ago, Missingno200 said:

Seems like we're second banana to the Discord, at least for now. 

31 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Also, as long as devs read the game suggestions on the Forum, I'm ok with it. 

All avenues of feedback from Discord to Reddit to the Forums are important to the team. Rest assured, we're continuing to keep a watchful eye here.

Welcome to the forums man!

13 minutes ago, PD_Dakota said:

All avenues of feedback from Discord to Reddit to the Forums are important to the team. Rest assured, we're continuing to keep a watchful eye here.

Anyways, thanks for the confirmation. Puts me more at ease knowing this.

Edited by Missingno200

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Missingno200 said:

Welcome to the forums man!

Thank you! I just joined the CMTY team and haven't (officially) introduced myself to the community yet....probably should do that.

For now, you'll see me mostly hanging out on Discord since we're going to be putting significant work into it pre-launch and post-launch - but I'll also be popping my head in here every now and then :)

50 minutes ago, PD_Dakota said:

Thank you! I just joined the CMTY team and haven't (officially) introduced myself to the community yet....probably should do that.

For now, you'll see me mostly hanging out on Discord since we're going to be putting significant work into it pre-launch and post-launch - but I'll also be popping my head in here every now and then :)

Welcome! Happy to have you here!

Seriously, though, I was reading the exchange about the Put-Put Orion engine on the Discord earlier.  I am now even more hyped.  Just imagine the multiplayer applications. The expression “hilarious griefing engine” springs to mind.

On the other hand, imagining what a multiplayer KSP game with a bunch of Put-Put-powered ships zooming around surfing strings of nuclear detonations could devolve into made me realize that the Outer Space Treaty may not be an entirely bad thing. 

Edited by Wheehaw Kerman

On 1/21/2023 at 8:55 AM, The Aziz said:

Funny how it went from alpha and then beta hype to people predicting apocalypse in few weeks of increased marketing.

Just wait. I've been here since .23 or so and no matter how large or small the change it's the same process. By the time the 24th gets here it's going to be intense. I'm just glad to have an excuse to come back and hang with the community. It's good to see some old, familiar avatars, and all of the new ones. It'll be fun going through the journey to 1.0 again!

Edited by ArmchairGravy

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Ingenuity is tiny, super light and is most importantly an EXPERIMENTAL TEST.

Goddard's liquid rocket was tiny, super light, and an experimental test... in the near future (hopefully) we will have a helicopter on mars picking up samples left by Perseverance, and it'd be really fun to do that kind of thing in KSP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Sample_Recovery_Helicopter

41 minutes ago, LHACK4142 said:

Goddard's liquid rocket was tiny, super light, and an experimental test...

Goddard also fell for the pendulum theory so there may be gaps yet to be solved before any such mission can be undertaken.

Spoiler

robert_h_goddard_and_liquid_fueled_rocke

This is still ridiculously impressive to me, he had to pump the fuel up instead of relying on pressure. How do you manage that in the 1920s!?

This all makes me wonder if a turboprop or a jet engine could properly function on Mars, presuming that you're able to feed it oxygen somehow, either by stripping the carbon from the air or just coming with your own tank of oxidizer.

Edited by Missingno200
Typo'd a year.

6 hours ago, PD_Dakota said:

Hullo PD! Welcome! The discord was a bit rowdy but its already settling down. You probably know this place skews toward much more.. let's say long-term players. KSP2 can cater to people of all ages but maybe just me I feel like getting kids into this incredible game should be priority 1. At the same time I like that the forum caters toward longer-form conversation and deep dives into mechanics and balance and there are a lot of really smart people here. Don't mind our crotchetiness ;)

Screenshot14.png

:vallove: PC has declined to comment in this worryingly awesome time...

Can anyone tell what craft that is? Seems to have larger circular panels and a HECS2 as a probe core maybe? Also seems to have some sort of ladder system and even hatches. something is at the front as well, could be a docking port but my heart is telling me it's an grabber.

11 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Can anyone tell what craft that is? Seems to have larger circular panels and a HECS2 as a probe core maybe? Also seems to have some sort of ladder system and even hatches. something is at the front as well, could be a docking port but my heart is telling me it's an grabber.

Looks to me like a HECS (0.625m), some cylindrical part(s) that I can't identify (could be batteries?), an antenna, two solar panels, a 0.625m xenon container, and an ion drive.

Nice to see the gold foil on the probe core actually.  Seems to imply we will still have skins available for some parts, which I've been wondering about given the new painting system. No new parts here though as best I can tell.

Edited by i dont know how to forum

13 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Screenshot14.png

1 minute ago, i dont know how to forum said:

Looks to me like a HECS (0.625m), some cylindrical part(s) that I can't identify (could be batteries?), an antenna, two solar panels, a 0.625m xenon container, and an ion drive.

The docking port on the front is probably a 0.625m docking port.

8 minutes ago, i dont know how to forum said:

I'm not seeing any docking port. Here, bumped up the exposure for anyone who wants a better look.

Looks like an SAS module or maybe a lens cap.

It'd be awesome to have space telescopes, perhaps as the way to discover the neighboring solar systems? Or, maybe you already know of the neighboring solar systems, but you use the telescope to get more information if you'd rather know what planets are there and their orbits before arriving. Hmm... suggestions material.

Edited by Missingno200
Added another possibility and a remark.