KSP2 Hype Train Thread

12 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Even if snacks exist they may not be introduced till colonies or the resource update.

Yaaaaallllllllll...... :o

I particularly like the sound effects they used there. Definitely gives the feeling of a massive piece of metal being moved.

4 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

I particularly like the sound effects they used there. Definitely gives the feeling of a massive piece of metal being moved.

What stands out to me about the sounds we've heard so far (namely this and the recent landing leg video) is they they sound like what you'd hear from inside the craft while in space. While I don't expect this to be entirely consistent (for instance you'll probably hear these sounds even if you're controlling a separate craft nearby), I really appreciate the impression it gives that we're only hearing the sounds that are being conducted through the craft itself, rather than through the vacuum of space.

12 minutes ago, Fluke said:

This is the second time now where there is a part with a red green and "unlit?" lights? Do we know what they are or have thoughts? 

I think that's a battery bank.

44 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

Oh my....!
Now they even confirmed SpaceX, jk jk jk :D

Ohnononono

That there is very much RocketLab's Neutron.

20 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Is that a cube sat sized solar panel to the bottom right during the module deployment process on the reusable rocket?

yeah, the kind of solar panel we've had for years.

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Ohnononono

That there is very much RocketLab's Neutron.

Ah my bad, I was basing it solely on aesthetics. In terms of functionality (reusable fairings) it for sure is the RocketLab approach/design.

38 minutes ago, i dont know how to forum said:

What stands out to me about the sounds we've heard so far (namely this and the recent landing leg video) is they they sound like what you'd hear from inside the craft while in space. While I don't expect this to be entirely consistent (for instance you'll probably hear these sounds even if you're controlling a separate craft nearby), I really appreciate the impression it gives that we're only hearing the sounds that are being conducted through the craft itself, rather than through the vacuum of space.

Yes, this. I couldn't put this into words earlier but this is exactly what I was feeling now that I read it from you.

kZzH0ZA.png

So, some fun and interesting stuff I noticed about the chalkboard in the beginning of the video:

1) The logo in the top left is the same as the KSP logo, but the smoke trail is a film reel.

2) The left equation is the equation for drag and the upper equation is the equation for gravity

3) Said gravity equation is wrong, using a J instead of a G

4) (And this one might not have any significance at all, just something I noticed.) Kerbin is tilted. Like, 10 to 15 degrees. Both to the right and away from us. 

Edited by GoldForest

22 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

3) Said gravity equation is wrong, using a J instead of a G

That is just a convention. You can use whatever variables you want technically as long as everything is defined.

EDIT: In this case though I think the equation was supposed to represent impulse, although it would need a time interval for that. I can't tell what those circled things are.

Edited by MechBFP

3 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

That is just a convention. You can use whatever variables you want technically as long as everything is defined.

I forgot that for a moment, yeah. 

But I think it's best practice to use the letters everyone most commonly uses. 

Just now, xXIndestructibleEVAXx said:

Not only is that amazing, that also looks like 5m to me!

It is 5 meters. The module is 3.75m. You can tell because it's wider than the 2.5m cupola.

Also, 5 meter parts have been confirmed. Also, 7.5/8.75. 

Just now, i dont know how to forum said:

Where were 7.5m and 8.75m parts confirmed? I've only seen 5m for the inline cylindrical parts.

pretty sure they are confirmed via the "interstellar" parts later down the road

confirmed, but not implemented initially, is what i will think

21 minutes ago, i dont know how to forum said:

Where were 7.5m and 8.75m parts confirmed? I've only seen 5m for the inline cylindrical parts.

18 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

pretty sure they are confirmed via the "interstellar" parts later down the road

confirmed, but not implemented initially, is what i will think

The giant 7.5/8.75 spherical tank in the Duna flyby video, which was confirmed will be in game at launch of EA on the 24th of February. 

You can see the size of the spherical tank in this image curtacy of @Pthigrivi The gold tank is 5 meters confirmed as the command pod and strut structure are confirmed to be 3.75m. With the gold tank being 5, that can only mean that the sphere is 7.5 or 8.75. Possibly even 10 meters. 

VnJCE3b.png

Edited by GoldForest

17 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

The giant 7.5/8.75 spherical tank in the Duna flyby video, which was confirmed will be in game at launch of EA on the 24th of February. 

sorry im dealing with large amount of "deprived brain cell function" can is that the gif that was showed?

Just now, Stephensan said:

sorry im dealing with large amount of "deprived brain cell function" can is that the gif that was showed?

Yeah, the Duna flyby gif. Someone (can't remember who, running on fumes myself) decompiled the gif and Pthigrivi did the scale comparison image above. 

Oh that cargo bay is BEAUTIFUL! I can already picture the semi-reusable launch vehicles I can make with that. And I always love a good look at 5 meter parts!

47 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I feel like that tank is kind of in a class of its own, since it's not a cylinder. I guess based on that image, it'll have nodes in the top and bottom for 3.75m parts, though?

13 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

Oh that cargo bay is BEAUTIFUL! I can already picture the semi-reusable launch vehicles I can make with that. And I always love a good look at 5 meter parts!

I feel like that tank is kind of in a class of its own, since it's not a cylinder. I guess based on that image, it'll have nodes in the top and bottom for 3.75m parts, though?

The nodes might be able to be switched between sizes, considering the gold tank is 5 meters.

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

You can see the size of the spherical tank in this image curtacy of @Pthigrivi The gold tank is 5 meters confirmed as the command pod and strut structure are confirmed to be 3.75m. With the gold tank being 5, that can only mean that the sphere is 7.5 or 8.75. Possibly even 10 meters. 

Ah, I was thinking specifically in terms of attachment point size; the spherical tank looks like it has 2.5m attachment points to me. The spherical tank is certainly quite large, looks about 10m in diameter to me, but I doubt we'll see any cylindrical parts larger than 5m at EA launch. Would love to be wrong though! Bigger is always better. Sometimes.