KSP2 Hype Train Thread

This video represents the KSP2 Early Access launch so perfectly. Everything starting with the crash coming from KSP1, Jeb's face, demanding and upset attitude, the pirouette, the little trinkets that he brought to the Junkyard (suggestions on forum), the little confetti rocket (sneakpeaks)... to the hard work the engineer is doing, the money suitcase... the missing parachute, the panic, the running away, the door slam. The clouds!!! We're all going up whether we like it or not!

Edited by Vl3d

1 hour ago, ArmchairGravy said:

Oh crap. There's nothing new in the Kerbin system?! I've been grievously misinformed. Apologies, Vl3d! 

there is new stuff on the planets etc, but we don't know if we are getting a new planet 9.. its in the rumor stage but on the unknown if its 100% confirmed

5 minutes ago, ArmchairGravy said:

I may have been getting Dres confused with a new planet.  :D

yeah dres, thats the name, keep forgor-ing

i remember it being suggested to be put in ksp 1 or something, never saw it again, or something

/s/s/s/s/s/s/s/s

well this is going to blow to say now..

in less than 7 hours im going to get four wisdom teeth removed today, Monday, yes very very funny at 11pm im texting this for a removal at 7am Monday, which means i got like 5 hours of sleep before i have to go at most.... it be very appreciated for anyone to @ me or ping me in any way with new content/photos/videos due to being under anesthesia for at least today, and then the subsequent days of dealing with it or whenever you guys get bored and stop or if you see im active enough.

hopefully im being over dramatic and the pain medication will let me think and understand afterwards today... i really really hope (over sensitive nerves and pain medication rarely works properly in normal human dosages.)

I have come to the conclusion that KSP2 is one of the best guarded secrets in the gaming industry. And that there are people under NDAs lurking and laughing. And instead of a marketing campaign it's just one big trolling with an epic brain melt at the end.

Edited by Vl3d

16 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I have come to the conclusion that KSP2 is one of the best guarded secrets in the gaming industry. And that there are people under NDAs lurking and laughing. And instead of a marketing campaign it's just one big trolling with an epic brain melt at the end.

If it was the "best guarded secret" we wouldn't know about it until the day of EA or Release.

Of course there are NDA users lurking about, Beta Keys were, possibly, distributed as early as August of last year.

Every sneak peek, feature video, etc. they have done is them marketing the game, they just aren't marketing it to the masses, they're marketing it to people who love KSP 1 and to people who might buy it in EA. 

Edited by GoldForest

So, I don't know if I've just been blind or if I'm just missing them... but has anyone else noticed that there are NO content creators on the Intercept Games Discord lately? Like they're staying offline...

This might be me just jumping to conclusions or whatever, but I think they all might be filming KSP 2 videos now. 

Yeah, it's not really a secret when the community managers post a screenshot/gif/video every working day. As for knowing if the content shown is recent or from months ago, there is no real way to know.

There are still 18 days to go before the release. I guess we'll get a trailer and videos from youtubers during the last week before launch.

Being bombarded with info now won't make the game come out earlier.

Edited by Truebadour

5 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

So, I don't know if I've just been blind or if I'm just missing them... but has anyone else noticed that there are NO content creators on the Intercept Games Discord lately? Like they're staying offline...

This might be me just jumping to conclusions or whatever, but I think they all might be filming KSP 2 videos now. 

They're online, they just don't have a dedicated category at the top of the list, just the Creator tag.

6 minutes ago, Truebadour said:

Yeah, it's not really a secret when the community managers post a screenshot/gif/video every working day.

IMO KSP2 will blow everyone's minds. The screenshots are just part of the trolling.

4 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

They're online, they just don't have a dedicated category at the top of the list, just the Creator tag.

IMO KSP2 will blow everyone's minds. The screenshots are just part of the trolling.

They used to have their own category. When did that change? 

Also, it's not trolling. Trolling entails that they don't plan to release KSP 2.

25 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

The screenshots are part of "we ain't showing the finished product because the product ain't finished yet"

The product launching in EA is mostly finished, the foundations are finished. Ara Joseffson clearly stated this during his interview. There's no reason to delay the launch more because it takes a long time to explore the Kerbol system and most players have not even visited the planets in KSP1. "Colonies and interstellar are beyond the Mun".. beyond Eeloo. The screenshots are part of a slow reveal with a big bang at the end.

Just now, Truebadour said:

How are screenshots from a beta build trolling us?

They're focusing our attention on certain casual features. So people don't ask the big questions.

4 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

The screenshots are part of a slow reveal with a big bang at the end.

7 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

The product launching in EA is mostly finished, the foundations are finished

My point is, even the product that launches in EA in 18 days may not be finished yet.

I just found out that one game that launches like one day before KSP2 has gone gold today. (For the unaware, going gold==ready for distribution). Intercept still has a couple of days probably to hit that mark before they put the files on steam/epic/t2 store (it doesn't go for physical distribution so they don't have to make time for disc burning, packing, logistics so it arrives in stores on time)

25 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

The product launching in EA is mostly finished, the foundations are finished. 

Wrong. It's a mostly unfinished product. They even tell us so. When it gets the exploration update, then it will be mostly finished.

52 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

The screenshots are part of "we ain't showing the finished product because the product ain't finished yet"

Or given how every sinlge pixel gets analyzed, they refrain from using actual EA footage because then they might as well release it right now. I suspect the game is in a state fit for publication (they can't afford delaying publication now), .but they'll be polishing it as much as they can. Is that "finished" or not? There's always something that needs work, in that sense it'll never be finished and they'll draw a line somewhere around Feb 20, freezing the builds for publication. But if they had to, they could do that right now, I bet, with the game being in a playable state. And surely we'll see plenty of mini updates and fixes in the weeks after that for the stuff that didn;t make it into launch.

Also, by using beta captures, they'll ensure that what goes live on Feb 24 will look so much better and finished in order to delight the fan base.

10 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

They're focusing our attention on certain casual features. So people don't ask the big questions.

That's quite the vague answer. What kind of features? What "big questions?"

The only thing I've not seen talked about is the presence or absence of telecommunications in the sequel. Most of the other stuff is on the roadmap.

My personal theory about the sneak peek we have almost daily is content taken from recent builds of the game (we can see some features present on some screenshots that are absent the next, and vice-versa).

If you think the content you see on Discord is the dev sandbagging us, then I think you are about to be disappointed on the 24th. I personaly expect less features than in KSP1 in the launch version, because that's what was announced.