KSP2 Hype Train Thread

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, GoldForest said:

16 days. A mere 16 days from launch. That's just over two weeks! I suspect the forum is going to go through some big changes here soon. 

I mean, we're missing some major forum segments:
KSP 2 bug reports
KSP 2 Add-ons
-KSP 2 Add-on Discussions
-KSP 2 Add-on Development
KSP 2 Challenges & Missions
KSP 2 Spacecraft Exchange
KSP 2 Fan works
-KSP 2Mission Reports, 

Do any of the mods know when these will get added? 

(Please do not ping any mods for this question. I do not wish to bug them unnecessarily)

We’re working closely with the forum mods to get everything ready for launch. All in the works!

21 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Human laws don't pertain to Kerbals. 

They certainly don’t have OSH legislation of any sort.  I doubt they even have insurance…

3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

I can't see how in a million years the discord could have seemed like a good idea. Did the mods just get bored of how organized and civil the forums were? :D

The discord is tolerable with brutal and ruthless blocking.  I’m not seeing any more space cat, agony Kerbal react, or news posts of any size now.

14 minutes ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

They certainly don’t have OSH legislation of any sort.  I doubt they even have insurance…

I'm sure they have something to compensate the family of the Kerbals lost/missing during a mission. Agreed, they don't have any OHS stuff. I've seen some pretty sketchy actions from them. 

11 minutes ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

Just saw this video and noticed reentry effects at 0:20. Iirc we haven't seen those yet, so either I've forgotten or the video's a hoax. I'm thinking the latter, but what's the general consensus?

Literally everything else there is valid, so it would be strange to throw in a fake right in the middle of a bunch of legitimate, very confirm-able screenshots. I'm willing to bet it was something we missed, probably a one off. I feel like the probe also looks familiar...

15 minutes ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

Just saw this video and noticed reentry effects at 0:20. Iirc we haven't seen those yet, so either I've forgotten or the video's a hoax. I'm thinking the latter, but what's the general consensus?

It's just some guy rolling through KSP social media and grabbing random pictures, making views on them. This was posted by someone from the community, either here on discord, can't remember, as merely a hope for how it could look like.

Just now, The Aziz said:

It's just some guy rolling through KSP social media and grabbing random pictures, making views on them. This was posted by someone from the community, either here on discord, can't remember, as merely a hope for how it could look like.

Yeah it kinda looked like just heavily modded KSP1.

Well I swear I've seen it here somewhere, maybe it was deleted for offtopic for some reason, or link to picture died, idk, can't find it. Either way, there's a lot of misinformation on non official channels, so I'd be careful.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

This was posted by someone from the community, either here on discord, can't remember, as merely a hope for how it could look like.

I recall this as well. 

On 1/28/2023 at 7:40 AM, GoldForest said:

Idk why they're waiting until interstellar to give us Orion Drives. 

Orion Drives are only good for interplanetary trajectories, not interstellar, from what I understand at least. 

Well, most Orion drives. The Orion Battleship might be suitable for interstellar travel due to it being literally the size of a small state, but they aren't showing the Orion Battleship. They're showing on of the smaller Orion Drives. 

It would make more sense to give us Orion drives at launch of EA or at least with Colonies with orbital construction. 

Oh no, an Orion drive can do interstellar as well as anything else can. You have the advantage of non-cryogenic fuel.  It has a lot of advantages for interstellar. 

30 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

Oh no, an Orion drive can do interstellar as well as anything else can. You have the advantage of non-cryogenic fuel.  It has a lot of advantages for interstellar. 

Not really, not unless you want to do really really slow interstellar transfers. I doubt Orion Drive can get up to even 1% the speed of light. 

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

I'd argue that Orion acceleration could compete with the Crucible, but at the same time, the amount of material required to reach similar speed could be a lot heavier, even if charges are tiny, limiting range by a lot.

Hmmm, I guess it is more a fuel issue than a speed issue. Yeah, fuel/range issue not speed issue. Don't know what I was thinking earlier. 

Just now, Pthigrivi said:

BIG NEWS!

I know people are having fun but it's just hours on end of inane spam and nobody else can really talk about anything.

Ouch...

I must've missed all of it seeing as I've been swamped with work recently :)

Just now, Pthigrivi said:

BIG NEWS!

I know people are having fun but it's just hours on end of inane spam and nobody else can really talk about anything.

honestly, might do a little trolling past the time.. (most ksp 2 waiters)

4 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

BIG NEWS!

You mean there are no "BIG KSP2 NEWS TOMORROW"?! :D

Discord goes crazy sometimes yeah, but I like that Dakota, Ghostii and other team members are somewhat active there and able to answer some basic questions when needed.

Edited by MARL_Mk1