KSP2 Hype Train Thread

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Pure speculation - but I think those of us who are predicting to start seeing CC stuff may be correct.  Given that it's two weeks (Friday/Tomorrow) to EA, and the timing of the ESA announcement with CCs prominently displayed?

Yeah.

Content inbound.

I figure end of next week before they’ll have real preview/review full gameplay stuff? 

12 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

You forgot looking into settings.cfg lol

You know, most people don’t hack their games to ruin the fun.    They just go on the ride the game devs intended it to be, exploring and uncovering as they go, being pleasantly surprised at what they find.   Seeing spoilers in a forum ruins that experience.   

Our forum etiquette on spoilers about either game remains the same as it always has.    Put spoilers in spoilers tags, and put it in the title.   We still ask this to this day even about KSP1.  There are still new players picking up the game every week and we as a community want them to have the same voyage of discovery when the game was new to us.    

On 2/8/2023 at 8:12 PM, The Aziz said:

It's just some guy rolling through KSP social media and grabbing random pictures, making views on them

Yeah I rarely thumbs-down youtube videos but that one earned it.

15 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

hours on end of inane spam

So I was right to just mute the server and forget it existed. Good.

---------

It's official, I'm taking the week after KSP2 comes out off. Now, it's not ENTIRELY to play video games but video games will be a big part of it :D

I'm still luke-warm on KSP2 though. I'm going to watch some vids first before I decide to buy or not. If I decide "not", then I'll probably buy Dwarf Fortress instead and play that.

Based on what I've seen so far, though, I fully expect I'll be buying KSP2.

Edited by Superfluous J

57 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I see that a lot of fake trailers have started to appear on YouTube. I guess that if marketing is not releasing content, people just make "their own".

Marketing is releasing content though. 

And faking trailers is nothing new, people do that all the time. Honestly, I'm surprised it took people this long to start doing it. 

But it all serves to create more hype for KSP 2, so let them go all out. 

-----------------------------------

FojcmUfWcAATKWz?format=jpg&name=large

These content creators get to play and record footage for KSP 2, at an event hosted by the European Space Agency, they're catered to with a meal, in a flippin planetarium(!), and while they are eating said meals, they also get to witness history in the making as the largest rocket in the world, with the most engines in the world, has it's first ever full 33 31* engine test fire?  Man, I'm kind of jealous of these guys. I'm glad for them though, they all deserve it!

*1 engine manually shut down before test start and computer shut down one at ignition.

Edited by GoldForest

3 minutes ago, Monger said:

Me for almost 4 years: IDK, without HarvesteR it doesn't feel the same. I'll wait for the final version and some reviews. 

Me since three months: shut up and take my money already! 

I'm not entirely sure what any specific person from the original team would add.

11 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'm not entirely sure what any specific person from the original team would add.

HarvesteR had a clear vision for KSP. I think this helped a lot to keep the difficult project on track. 

But I think he happily moved on, and the problems of KSP 1 are well understood, so the goal for KSP 2 was pretty clear from the start. 

Just now, Monger said:

HarvesteR had a clear vision for KSP. I think this helped a lot to keep the difficult project on track. 

KSP's development has been anything but clear

Just now, Monger said:

But I think he happily moved on, and the problems of KSP 1 are well understood, so the goal for KSP 2 was pretty clear from the start. 

Implying Harvester was behind KSP 2? I don't think he was even aware of its existence until development was well underway.

HarvesteR left the team long before the franchise went under T2, and the sequel development started later (not much later though)

Even then, Nate Simpson seems to also have clear vision for the game.

Edited by The Aziz

11 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

KSP's development has been anything but clear

Implying Harvester was behind KSP 2? I don't think he was even aware of its existence until development was well underway.

He mentioned several ideas for KSP 2 long before the studio got bought by Take 2. Take 2 made no plans for a successor yet, HarvesteR left the studio, and sometime later on, when the project started afaik they asked him if he wanted to join back, but he was already under contract for his new project. 

40 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

HarvesteR left the team long before the franchise went under T2, and the sequel development started later (not much later though)

Even then, Nate Simpson seems to also have clear vision for the game.

If Felipe is HarvesteR, then Nate is CombinE.

I think the vision of the game is in good hands. 

14 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Farming Simulator comparisons when

With the possibility life support, I wonder if someone will actually make a Farming mod to where you have to actually care for your greenhouses in a micromanagement kind of way.

7 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

So I was right to just mute the server and forget it existed. Good.

No I mean most of the time I still enjoy it, and the mods are trying to keep it under control. It just kind of goes into romper-room hour sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

Just one more clean Friday to go until release. The wait is almost done. I'm so excited, I can't wait to be utterly disappointed and thus make a lot of people happy! :D

Aw we just want you to be happy, Vl3d!