KSP2 Hype Train Thread

4 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Blow off that date you had with your girlfriend/boyfriend! We're launching soon!

What date? :) I'm too busy playing the first game. Il be lucky to still have a family by the time I finally take a break from this thing. T-13 days, all systems remain nominal. Forums primed for liftoff!

22 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

(this is clearly NOT a 'new insider info' vid)

Nope. I pre-recorded that video because I was traveling basically the entire week.

Which is also the reason why I couldn't make it to ESTEC. Which I am still sad about. But it wasn't in the cards.

3 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

And forgot to highlight the guy at the left watching what seems to be a cinematic? Assuming that based on no hud and how those graphics look that way

I don't think that is a cinematic, I think that is the game with the HUD turned off. The shot looks like it could be pre-planned in which case it is a cinematic, but I think it could also be someone launching a rocket, turning off the HUD, and finding a nice angle to look at. 

7 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

And forgot to highlight the guy at the left watching what seems to be a cinematic? Assuming that based on no hud and how those graphics look that way

Spoilers bro!

Now I'm starting to think I need to take the next week and a half off from the forums.  

I really enjoy the 'new' of a game; coming here for leaked content has been good for hype...but with only days left?

If I stay here, all the cool stuff to discover will be leaked.

25 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Just a heads up, any spoiler content should go into a spoiler, and you should describe the image/video in a non-spoiler way outside the spoiler. 

(I am not a mod/admin, just giving friendly advice. Not trying to be a moderator either. Again, just friendly advice. :)

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

How is it a spoiler?

You can clearly see game footage on some of the screens. 

Don't underestimate the power of the pixel analyzers. 

Also, "Excited as hell guy" is definitely a spoiler. Can't believe that was shown. I'm really upset that I didn't get to experience that for myself. Smh.

4 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Just a heads up, any spoiler content should go into a spoiler, and you should describe the image/video in a non-spoiler way outside the spoiler. 

(I am not a mod/admin, just giving friendly advice. Not trying to be a moderator either. Again, just friendly advice. :)

I completely agree with the intent behind this, but to direct it at this picture is a little extreme. It's the main menu, can you really call it a spoiler?!? There's a bit of VAB stuff, but we've seen the VAB in previews already. And you'd have to have the magical TV style zoom in and enhance to see anything anyway.

Edited by WelshSteW

Just now, GoldForest said:
1 minute ago, Bej Kerman said:

How is it a spoiler?

You can clearly see game footage on some of the screens. 

We've already seen a lot more than just the main menu or a rocket sitting and doing nothing, so I still fail to see how it's a spoiler.

6 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I don't get how a picture posted publicly by the official KSP Twitter account is a spoiler to anything.

You can barely grasp that the main menu has, well, a menu. And a logo, and a spacecraft.

And that some people are looking at the VAB, which has already been seen.

If mods consider it a spoiler, they are free to delete my message. That said, I'd be extremely dissapointed by such response lol.

If someone considers anything new that shows up as spoilers, in a Hype Train Thread of an upcoming videogame, they might aswell just, you know, not get in the actual thread that revolves around sharing news?

Edited by MARL_Mk1

Have we seen the main menu before? Not sure we have.  I don't think so and would consider that a tiny bit spoilery. (edit) As to how Main menu is a spoiler, the main menu is showing off crafts. The Crafts may have parts that no publically released image have shown. 

And I guess this isn't really a spoiler, but you can make out a lot from just zooming in, but I guess zoomed out it's not spoilers. 

My apologizes @MARL_Mk1, I jumped the gun a little.

In other discussion, not sure that the "Cinematic" Computer is a cinematic. I think it's just the dude playing around with camera shots. 

Though, a short 3 to 5 second fly around cinematic of your rocket or plane might be nice in some cases. Obviously, it's a feature that would need a toggle so people can turn it off.  

Also, is it just me, or do the reflections and light in the "cinematic" shot look a little ray traced? Or is that just the PBR reflections? It might just be me, but the lightning seems more than standard lightning. 

Edited by GoldForest

26 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

I don't get how a picture posted publicly by the official KSP Twitter account is a spoiler to anything.

8ae.gif

9 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Also, is it just me, or do the reflections and light in the "cinematic" shot look a little ray traced? Or is that just the PBR reflections? It might just be me, but the lightning seems more than standard lightning. 

you can do a lot with lighting even without raytracing.

24 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Have we seen the main menu before? Not sure we have.  I don't think so and would consider that a tiny bit spoilery.

Some players really enjoy seeing the Main Menu and hearing the music for the first time when starting the game. It's part of the experience and it's memorable. Put images in Spoiler frames.