KSP2 Hype Train Thread

9 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Some players really enjoy seeing the Main Menu and hearing the music for the first time when starting the game. It's part of the experience and it's memorable. Put images in Spoiler frames.

The point being is, if they really want to experience the entire game first hand without being spoiled (which is a totally valid way of doing it), why would they look on forum threads (and official social media accounts, which is where this one came from) that are constantly posting the most breaking news and content we get?

I can't see where that responsibility lies on me and not on them not not spoil themselves about the looks of a... pixelated, unrecognizeable videogame main menu.

If I don't want to get spoiled on a show I'm watching, I'm not going browsing the community Reddit / Forums of said show and hoping everyone is considering my feelings when sharing things about it.

That said, this discussion is steering away from the main topic, so I'll stop it here and let mods consider whether that is a spoiler or not and act on consequence.

Edited by MARL_Mk1

4 hours ago, t_v said:

I don't think that is a cinematic, I think that is the game with the HUD turned off. The shot looks like it could be pre-planned in which case it is a cinematic, but I think it could also be someone launching a rocket, turning off the HUD, and finding a nice angle to look at. 

Could be, but it might actually be a new pre-launch cinematic.  The devs said early on that they wanted to make launches feel more special, so that could be part of a nice pan-around shot before launch.  If so, I don't think I'll ever skip such a beautiful launch sequence! Hype!

3 hours ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

The point being is, if they really want to experience the entire game first hand without being spoiled (which is a totally valid way of doing it), why would they look on forum threads (and official social media accounts, which is where this one came from) that are constantly posting the most breaking news and content we get?

I can't see where that responsibility lies on me and not on them not not spoil themselves about the looks of a... pixelated, unrecognizeable videogame main menu.

If I don't want to get spoiled on a show I'm watching, I'm not going browsing the community Reddit / Forums of said show and hoping everyone is considering my feelings when sharing things about it.

That said, this discussion is steering away from the main topic, so I'll stop it here and let mods consider whether that is a spoiler or not and act on consequence.

Yeah If you didn't want spoilers you really shouldn't be looking on the KSP 2 Hype Train Thread.

Deleted KSP2 tweet spoilers, as it seems there is not a consensus yet:

Spoiler

For those who were worried due to the KSC stream, it looks like we will be getting some of that sweet orange sunset lighting:

sjYEplg.png

Not much else I can gleam from the image, but it is very exciting to see the game being played!

1 hour ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

Could be, but it might actually be a new pre-launch cinematic.  The devs said early on that they wanted to make launches feel more special, so that could be part of a nice pan-around shot before launch.  If so, I don't think I'll ever skip such a beautiful launch sequence! Hype!

Maybe even a rollout sequence 

Hyyypeee!!

5 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Deleted what again?

The tweet from the KSP account containing the image being discussed was deleted.

EDIT: Sorry, better clarification: the tweet itself was deleted by the KSP account, it's likely they didn't mean to show off some of the things seen in the image yet.

Edited by i dont know how to forum

Just now, i dont know how to forum said:

The tweet from the KSP account containing the image being discussed was deleted.

EDIT: Sorry, better clarification: the tweet itself was deleted by the KSP account, it's likely they didn't mean to show off some of the things seen in the image yet.

It's probably that, but I wouldn't discount the possibility of this being a rare KSP occurrence of Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things.

I guess that answers my question.

But it doesn't change my view on that though. Official forums==expect official media. We can talk spoilers if they're posted by a third party (like, for example, a youtuber posting some gameplay in a few days).

Oh I've found it

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
RECOMMENDED:

Its at the bottom of the steam page

15 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I was already proven wrong earlier, no need to bring up an old discussion. 

And those numbers are theoretical. 

Realistic numbers, shown right above the paragraph you quoted, shows two numbers. 0.0033C (0.33%) and 0.033C (3.3%).  And that's using up all the fuel, and not stopping for Alpha Centauri, so even more realistic numbers, meaning actually stopping at Alpha Centuari, would probably be around 0.00165C (0.165%) and 0.0165C (1.65%) for a one-way trip, and even lower than that for a return journey, around 0.000825C (0.0825%) and 0.00825C (0.825%). 
(These numbers are not scientific, just pure speculation and doing math. Halving the speed for a one-way journey (Stopping at Alpha Centauri) and quartering the speed for a return journey. I am not a scientist. These numbers also don't take into account the deltaV gains from having to push less mass when some or most of the bombs would be used up. If I am wrong, someone please correct me)

So, while Orion MAY be able to get up to a percentage of the speed of light, it's not really practical. Not unless we can hit those theoretical numbers. 

But this entire conversation should be reserved for another thread or PMs, so I'm going to stop here and switch to actual hype. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are just over 13 days away from release! That's a baker's dozen! Thirteen days... I can hardly believe it. It's finally happening. We are almost at terminal count down! (I would consider 5 days from release Terminal countdown, but that's just my opinion.) 

T-Minus 13 days until we all get to experience what KSP 1 could have been, and possibly should have been! Ladies and gentlemen, check your rockets! Clear your schedules! Blow off that date you had with your girlfriend/boyfriend! We're launching soon!

I was answering a direct quoted response you had to me.  I did not bring up the subject, I was correcting someone that was in error in what they were telling folks. The folks that have done papers on the subject and presented to the scientific journals have backed up their data, please show me the paper you presented for peer review on the subject. By the way, look at what I quoted, you are still arguing the incorrect point. 

Edited by DwightLee

27 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I am Hyped for KSP2, like everyone else, but I don't know if my PC can run it. What are the requirements?

We don't have that info, but I do know that Scott Manley from YouTube made a video a few days ago in which he stated that he realized he needed a new PC "about a week ago." That would coincide with the rumors from discord showing content creators using KSP2 beta. A forum member who may have seen the whole video indicated it was being built targeting single-thread performance, which may indicate KSP/KSP2 as the cause of "needing" a new computer.

Today, a reddit post from another content creator who was present at the "insiders" event indicated that they were also building a new computer.

Does this mean it's demanding? Unfortunately, it's very possible. We will have to see.

Just now, Strawberry said:

This could also mean that its just more demanding then ksp2/the high graphics settings are more demanding, and they were used to ksp1 settings. Im personally more optimistic about specs then pessimistic but we should know soon

The thing for me is, as long as I'm able to enable/disable/tweak every single performance-intensive setting, I'm happy, because it's starting to feel like my 1060 is going to struggle big time...

19 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Does this mean it's demanding? Unfortunately, it's very possible. We will have to see.

Well it might be demanding on ultra settings like Scott Manley and other CCs will be playing at for videos.  The rest of us will hopefully be able to get away with much less. Man though, I just want to see the requirements already and put this to rest.

Edited by Astr0Guy5

26 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

The thing for me is, as long as I'm able to enable/disable/tweak every single performance-intensive setting, I'm happy, because it's starting to feel like my 1060 is going to struggle big time...

Your 1060 is going to be fine. Programs like SpaceEngine and MSFS run with a playable framerate on my 1050.

2 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Oh I've found it

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
RECOMMENDED:

Its at the bottom of the steam page

Well at least I know it requires an operating system to run it! Unfortunately, my new setup was a lemon battery for KSP2 as I know it’s pretty demanding. 

Spoiler

yes I know that it means that the operating system needs to be 64 bit. I’ve made jokes similar to this in other places, and they didn’t work.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Your 1060 is going to be fine. Programs like SpaceEngine and MSFS run with a playable framerate on my 1050.

Hoping so.

Wanna post this again for everyone's sake. This is what Nate responded when asked about performance a couple months ago in the PC Gamer interview.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Inverviewer: "What kind of performance should we expect?"

Nate: There have been significant advances in multithreading over the last ten years and we are utilizing a lot of those tools Unity gives us to paralelize these processes so that they can take place all at once in a way that doesn't impact framerate. There's Unity jobs, there's compute jobs, rigid body physics uses a job system, the PQS system uses both CPU and GPU optimization, there's a huge amount of highly technical stuff I can't say, but really what it boils down to is: we expect the experience on mid tier machines to improve because we want people to be able to build vehicles with high part counts. That's in fact necessary when we get to the interstellar part of the progression, but of course, everytime we make that sort of improvement there will be a commensurate improvement with the people with the very high-end machine, so if you got the fancy equipment it will have a multiplicative effect on the performance of the game. But yes, overall this is the area where we're seeing the biggest gains week on week in the lead up to Early Access, the game just gets more performant every day and we just keep, you know, raising our targets in terms of what kinds of part counts we want to support, so if you've been watching the footage we've been releasing over the last few months, you've probably noticed footage from three months ago so it can be a little bit herky-jerky in terms of frame rate but we're seeing big improvements there.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Really hope these words become true the 24th.

Edited by MARL_Mk1

I don't expect the game to run super well out of the gate. It's EA. Poor performance is kind of expected. I will be pleasantly surprised if I can build 500 part ships day 1. 

I do expect performance to improve with each passing month tho.

I wonder why KSP deleted that image. Could it be that it had a spoiler in it? :P

Jokes aside, I do seriously wonder what we weren't supposed to see. Was it something of ESA's that was shown or something of KSP 2 that was shown?