KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Also noticed that the large collection of craft in the VAB is named 'Main Menu Fleet':

M0zZ4f3.png

In a now-deleted tweet from the ESA KSP Insiders event, we did get a sneak peek at the main menu, showing multiple variations with different craft, so I'm willing to bet that these are the craft we'll be seeing when we boot up the game for the first time next week!

3 minutes ago, KSACheese said:
  Hide contents

image.png

Here's another screenshot. My main focus is that (seemingly) new engine on the bottom, as well as the scrollbar still having a pretty good amount of space. So, we're probably in for a few more new engines.

The three LG engines are (from left to right) Mammoth-II, Labradoodle and Rhino (the rhino is in the second-to-last line).

ZpDCU1k.png

I love how everything is in one menu now!

14 minutes ago, TheTennesseeFireman said:

For all the stress that’s been aired on this forum and elsewhere over performance, graphics, future expectations, etc, the gameplay loop of actually designing and building rockets seems to be a massive leap forward from KSP1.

People worried about KSP 2 every day: "WHY AREN"T THEY SHOWING MAX GRAPHICS!"

KSP 2 Gameplay trailer: "Allow me to fulfill your wishes!"

This is great!  I'm no longer concerned about the graphics... because the graphics in this trailer are awesome!

Clouds cast shadows on the ground now!?!

7s2WSlm.png

The VAB looks like a cathedral with its big glass windows, lighting, shadows, and reflections off parts.  I was specifically hoping they kept this architectural aesthetic from previous feature videos.  The UI itself looks very clean I can tell the devs put a lot of thought into it.

EHZB5zp.png

Do we actually get dust clouds like this when landing on the Mun!?!  Can't wait to see what Duna landings look like.

xrERN01.png

27 minutes ago, KSACheese said:
  Hide contents

image.png

Here's another screenshot. My main focus is that (seemingly) new engine on the bottom, as well as the scrollbar still having a pretty good amount of space. So, we're probably in for a few more new engines.

Note that large is 3.75 meter, medium is 2.5 meter you can see the puddle in the middle.  We will get engine plates we saw that in the SLS video. But we also has an 4 stack 3.75 meter engine. 

Looking at that bar I got super hyped but then I realized its metaalox engines, the LV-N and the larger hybrid also the 5 pack in the infamous Duna ship. 
And if you want to launch something massive we have engine plates, so go starship style not sea dragon so an 5 meter or larger chemical engine is of questionable use. 

5 minutes ago, poopslayer78 said:

Do we actually get dust clouds like this when landing on the Mun!?!  Can't wait to see what Duna landings look like.

xrERN01.png

It didn't appear to come from the craft when it touched down. Looks like an effect added to the screen and not a 3d effect.

Hey, I hate to hit the alarm bells, but... The graphics here aren't too much of an improvement, and neither is the framerate. What's up with that? I know they reused some old promo footage in the same video(notably, the rocket launch uses footage from recording rockets,) so that can explain that part, but what about the framerate dip when the aircraft tumbles on the runway?

55 minutes ago, poopslayer78 said:

This is great!  I'm no longer concerned about the graphics... because the graphics in this trailer are awesome!

Clouds cast shadows on the ground now!?!

7s2WSlm.png

We saw that on the time laps from KSC, weirdly the buildings did not cast shadows.  

21 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

There wasn't any flying GUI today, was there?

Cuz that bloody pixely retro...

Seems like we're getting pixely retro for some text. Probably for the navball too. Also ASCII art:

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2023-02-16-19h04m06s873.png

Edited by Vl3d

1 minute ago, The Aziz said:

TFFoZ42.png

That thing. I hate the style of it with all my heart.

I know it was decluttered but I also hope it was deretroed.

Well I truly love it, so our opinions even out

EDIT: Unrelated, but is this the first time we've ever seen the sun canonically called Kerbol? I know the devs had called it the Kerbolar system, but I don't think we've seen anything in-game (in KSP1 or KSP2) until now. Am I making things up?

SCoNzDu.png

Edited by whatsEJstandfor

3 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Well I truly love it, so our opinions even out

I've been trained so hard on KSP1's navball, from looking at it for thousands of hours, that I expect I'd probably have a knee-jerk negative reaction to anything that looks different from it, at least at first.  Will take a few hours of playing for me to get used to it and find out whether I like it or not.

(I look forward to seeing what modders do to offer alternate navball styling.  Betcha that's gonna be a hot topic.)

Love how in the opening seconds showing the launch pad, there's propellant lines going to the pad, but they added little dirt mounds on either size that are *certainly* sized so that you can jump a rover over them. Like yes, they are realistic to protect them from launch exhaust, but I feel like they look very deliberately sized/spaced.

One sad thing about release of early access, it is the day I stop watching videos on KSP2. I don't want to know ahead of time what I might see or find, I want to work out my own solutions to problems. I suspect for a long time, perhaps a year or more other than looking at what some early mod efforts there are, I will likely avoid KSP 2 videos like the plague. 

1 minute ago, Snark said:

I've been trained so hard on KSP1's navball, from looking at it for thousands of hours, that I expect I'd probably have a knee-jerk negative reaction to anything that looks different from it, at least at first.  Will take a few hours of playing for me to get used to it and find out whether I like it or not.

(I look forward to seeing what modders do to offer alternate navball styling.  Betcha that's gonna be a hot topic.)

I certainly understand feeling that way, but for me, this is a new game, a new concept of KSP, I am willing to give it a good long while and an open mind ( as much as I can )