KSP2 Hype Train Thread

this is the original driver of the hype train reporting in for the first time since we left the station. i have just woken up after having passed out at the footplate. If you've been wondering why the ride has been so rough and we've been getting to our destination so slowly it's because I forgot to turn off the tender handbrake. I'm truly sorry for all the development delays I have directly caused as a result of my blunder. Our speed should begin its relativistic climb soon.

11 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Can someone explain what the "app. bar" thing is?

All the little windows are titled like they're running in some old operating system. I really love the 80s/90s digital style.

For the buttons in it, I'm going to guess, fuel/fuel transfer, maintenance/repair, craft dimensions/weight/stats, and the last one your guess is as good as mine.

Also not saying anything, but it looks like time is straight up paused

12 minutes ago, poopslayer78 said:

Looks like the devs took some of our feedback to heart:

1. Less dithery/retro graphics on the navball, atmosphere indicator, and readouts
  2. Portraits moved to the corner

5 hours ago, dragonart777 said:

the chart there talking about is on there steam page  they posted this morning.  it has all the time zones on the releases across the world 

Yes, I know. I edited my post to reflect that. No need to respond and tell me again. 

I'm just happy that since the navball became moveable, I've had it down in the lower left. One less thing to get used to for me. :D

As to the entire UI, I love it. Sure it'll take time to get used to but it's so much cleaner and more thought has gone into what goes where. KSP1's UI was just all the elements scattered wherever had the most room when they added it.

Edited by Superfluous J

9 hours ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

3) top-left file-path-like thing with info about the star system, planet, and ship in the scene

"\" instead of "/" implies the spaceships are running Windows, which seems like a bad idea. Unless, of course, they're gonna add a failure mode where the spaceship reboots itself for an autoupdate during a landing burn or something.

1 hour ago, TheOtherDave said:

"\" instead of "/" implies the spaceships are running Windows, which seems like a bad idea. Unless, of course, they're gonna add a failure mode where the spaceship reboots itself for an autoupdate during a landing burn or something.

My guess for "first mod created for KSP2" has changed from "old navball" to "/ instead of \ for pathing"

1 hour ago, TheOtherDave said:

"\" instead of "/" implies the spaceships are running Windows

Or, y'know, CP/M or a derivative thereof.
Windows isn't the ONLY one to use \, \ was adopted so that command line compatibility could be kept with CP/M back in the DOS era. Just like the foundational MS-DOS, Windows also (technically) supports Unix-styled filesystem interfaces.

On an aside, I also succinctly recall a NASA interview that took place sometime in the late 2010s on the Curiosity rover, where they had this obviously ancient Windows 2.x machine running in the background which was running control and analysis software for a probe, complete with a black and white CRT. Now that was interesting to see.

Edited by Missingno200
Damn you, correction suggestions! I didn't mean sufficiently!

11 hours ago, i dont know how to forum said:

Let the UI discussion commence!

sneakpeek_for_discord_version3_7_FINAL_c

The graphics of the station and ship seem so much better than the planet, that it makes it look 'wrong'? They really need to do something with the planets.

And the screen seems very 'busy'.

Edited by WelshSteW