KSP2 Hype Train Thread

3 minutes ago, Sunforge said:

Well, so much for improved performance on mid-ranged PCs...

Mid range has always been a shifting definition.  By 'modern' standards a 3080 is a last-Gen 2 year old piece of tech - so that's not exactly out of the custom for calling things 'mid range'. 

But like many I'm a bit weirded out by the news.  My 3070 is below spec? 

Yeek 

7 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

Holy MF christ the specs are tough swallow...

i don't even got the recommended PC for GPU.. like

KSP2-SPECS-v7-FINAL-Poppe_Version-3-plsl

Wow, color me extremely suprised. I thought my 3060 would be a little overkill. Thankfully I upgraded from a 1060. 

Just now, Fluke said:

Wow, color me extremely suprised. I thought my 3060 would be a little overkill. Thankfully I upgraded from a 1060. 

thought my 3070 was going to big "stuff" at 4k looks like it wont be like that

i really hope there is DLSS

10 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

That's awesome! Very glad to hear we're getting a modern game.

This alienates a significant portion of the audience and is not a good thing. I’m assuming you only think this because you can afford a new high tier graphics card. Not everyone can.

I'd love to see the resolutions we're talking about here.

The PC gaming crowd was never as split as it is now, with tons of people remaining at 1080p, others upgrading to 1440p, while all the buzz and console and TV driven hype points towards 4k.

A 6800XT (my GPU) at what resolution exactly? And the 2060?

Interestingly, the CPU requirement (for min spec at least) is not as bad as I had feared, given that the first game is almost always cpu bound (in my experience at least). I just wish we had more information about what sort of performance we could expects with min and recommended spec builds.

This better look mindblowing. And I mean it.

Just now, Master39 said:

I'd love to see the resolutions we're talking about here.

The PC gaming crowd was never as split as it is now, with tons of people remaining at 1080p, others upgrading to 1440p, while all the buzz and console and TV driven hype points towards 4k.

A 6800XT (my GPU) at what resolution exactly? And the 2060?

I don't accept minimum requirements to be for anything lower than 1080p/30. 720p is so two decades ago.

But let's note how it says 0.1.x at the bottom, meaning they probably aren't final and there's possibly a room for improvement.

If only there weren't 10,000 different graphics cards all with their own numbers that don't have anything at all to do with other graphics cards, I'd know how mine stacks up. A couple trips to Google tells me I'm between minimum and recommended which is fine. My core is faster than but a slightly lower 5-digit number than the recommended so I'm happy with that.

Just now, The Aziz said:

I don't accept minimum requirements to be for anything lower than 1080p/30. 720p is so two decades ago.

Agree, but without any info about the target res the info is kinda moot.

19 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

Holy MF christ the specs are tough swallow...

i don't even got the recommended PC for GPU.. like

KSP2-SPECS-v7-FINAL-Poppe_Version-3-plsl

Well looks like I need an new GPU, hold out to long anyway, has an 980ti :)  Laugh at cpu and ram requirements. 

Just now, WelshSteW said:

"We want a realistic looking game with proper shadows and clouds and scatter and reflections!!"

"OMG how can the minumum spec for the game be so high, this is crazy!!"

I'm not complaining. I'll play on low. :D

3 hours ago, SolarAdmiral said:

Seriously, everyone complaining about poor framerates, undetailed terrain, and 'lacking' features on release, contrast and compare with KSP1 when it first released (and even as it is still now.)

I keep being told how angry I should be about how terrible KSP2 looks, and every time I'm just excited because it looks great.

It's like just because TakeTwo is involved, everyone expects KSP2 to be as high budget as GTA 5. 

Yeah I never listen to folks who tell me how I am supposed to feel either. :)