KSP2 Hype Train Thread

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

Apparently, this agreement implies a prison sentence for any phrase about KSP2. I know bloggers who received last of us 2 with the same agreement and, although they did not reveal anything about the game, told the viewers that they would not like the plot of the game. Of course, no more games were sent to them for reviews, but no one filed a lawsuit either.

Prison sentence require breaking specific laws in non trivial ways and the police has to arrest you.
An NDA is an private contract where you will be sued if breaking it. 
Now you could write it so that recordings during the closed beta was company property until release but this is questionable. Its also questionable if the justice system would bother get involved in an complex legal issue where they will sue the other part seriously anyway. 
Last of us 2, well I understand him, and getting cut off from the angry dogs was no major loos, but he is on thin ice. However taking him to court would make the NDA void. 
Courts would not care about dropping spoilers for an video game. 
Still I hope he talked to an lawyer first. now  I would not buy this game would be pretty safe, yes they would still blacklist you. 

KSP 2 having higher system demands than expected is not in the same ballpark 

14 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Sorry, I'm not apart of the min spec gang. :P

I actually exceed Recommended specs. 

CPU: I5-13600K
RAM: 64 GBs (And before anyone ask why so much, KSP 1 maxed out my before upgrade 32 gigs, plus I like to have a few background programs running, so needed a little head room)
GPU: RTX 3090 Strix OC
SSD: Plenty of space.

Also, people complaining about the 60GB when they play COD which takes 100 GB is hilarious to me. Like, guys, the devs always over allocate storage! Also, I doubt 60 GB is the EA specs. 60 GB is probably the max size of the game when all updates are added. Keep in mind, they have the game pretty much completely made. All the updates are already made, they just want to work on them sections at a time. Which is understandable, I mean, they want to optimize each focus so it doesn't hinder performance later. 

I'm not worried about the space requirement going up either. If it goes up, it goes up. I mean, you got games literally hitting 150 gb today. Kind of a moot point to complain about size. 

I wasn't complaining about it... but I did find it "retro" and humorous that they posted two specs for HD/SSD space. Took me back a few years... maybe their coding will as well... *evil snicker*

2 minutes ago, Sky Kerman said:

People are still exited for this game right? Seeing all this negativity about it is kinda a downer.

People are just a bit angry they put money into rigs before seeing any kind of info, that's what I see. The developers can't be blamed for being forced to push out a game that hasn't yet seen the optimisation work needed for a public release.

7 minutes ago, Sky Kerman said:

People are still exited for this game right? Seeing all this negativity about it is kinda a downer.

I think part of what is being experienced is the pendulum  effect, whereby the faithful had rose colored glasses on for awhile, and shot down everyone who had healthy skepticism, now it's overly nihilistic due to suppression of said skepticism.

It will even out within the next few days before launch, and there will be healthy positivity surfacing; lets just hope the fan boys don't glaze over any glaring faults, so in the end (a couple years) we get a good finished product.

Edited by saxappeal89129

14 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

People are just a bit angry they put money into rigs before seeing any kind of info, that's what I see. The developers can't be blamed for being forced to push out a game that hasn't yet seen the optimisation work needed for a public release.

I'd disagree with this, and the other posts saying that an RTX 3080 is a "mid-tier" rig hahaha. I bought my 3080 (12gig) and my 12900KS, with a Unify-X, and 32gig of RAM just 10-months ago. Minus the Raptor Lake that's sitting on the shelf now, this is still a premium machine per any normal/sane person who's an enthusiast; in fact would be labeled 2nd only to a 3090 rig just 4 months ago before the 4000 series hit. So to hear it's just barely above a mid-tier machine from Kerbal specs is a little on the outlandish side. Akin to saying that in order to have fun on a track I need a 998 Turbo-S or similar car to enjoy auto-crossing rather than a Subaru STi (or similar vehicle). Brute force being necessary for the game, brings a LOT of questions...do I need a "WOPR" computer? lol I'm more inclined to hit the king and get a whopper after the bad taste the specs left in my mouth. I more than meet them, but it's not a good look for the dev team.

Edited by saxappeal89129

1 minute ago, saxappeal89129 said:

I'd disagree with this, and the other posts saying that an RTX 3080 is a "mid-tier" rig hahaha. I bought my 3080 (12gig) and my 12900KS, with a Unify-X, and 32gig of RAM just 10-months ago. Minus the Raptor Lake that's sitting on the shelf now, this is still a premium machine per any normal/sane person who's enthusiast. So to hear it's just barely above a mid-tier machine from Kerbal specs is a little on the outlandish side. Akin to saying that in order to have fun on a track I need a 998 Turbo-S or similar car to enjoy auto-crossing rather than a Subaru STi (or similar vehicle). Brute force being necessary for the game, brings a LOT of questions...do I need a "WOPR" computer? lol I'm more inclined to hit the king and get a whopper after the bad taste the specs left in my mouth. I more than meet them, but it's not a good look for the dev team.

Well that's why you don't buy before you know.

It doesn't even matter anyway. The store now says the minimum requirement is a 1070.

24 minutes ago, Sky Kerman said:

I know I'm still excited, I am pretty surprised at how unbalanced the requirements are though. I exceed all of the recommended requirements but I barely meet the minimum requirement for gpu with a 1080, I've been wanting to upgrade for years though lol. Maybe once dual slot 4080's start coming out I can freshen up my pc.

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

It doesn't even matter anyway. The store now says the minimum requirement is a 1070.

Buy what before I do what?

I didn't buy my rig just to play Kerbal... if that's what people are doing well, that's sounds just a little nutty to me. Spending thousands just to play one game? Again, back to the Porsche analogy, a lot of great fun can happen on a track with a lowly STi (actually more fun, because you're not worried about minor damage..)

Just now, saxappeal89129 said:
2 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Buy what before I do what?

But your rig before you know the KSP 2 minimum requirements.

Just now, saxappeal89129 said:

I didn't buy my rig just to play Kerbal... if that's what people are doing well, that's sounds just a little nutty to me.

Yeah. So I hear.

3 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

But your rig before you know the KSP 2 minimum requirements.

Yeah. So I hear.

Well... if quite a few people are disappointed, and/or seeking new hardware. Sounds like the dev team missed their mark. With all of the talk about COVID19 and extra time the team needed to finish their early access push... ya mean they didn't think about COVID19 and hardware constraints?! *head scratcher*

Edited by saxappeal89129

11 hours ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

Hooray!  I’m not the most elderly decrepit old geezer on the forum!  I’m only fifty-five.  Please tell me to get off your lawn?

Seriously though, completely agreed (and I am amazed at the orgy of raw fury over at the discord).  I wound up ordering a new laptop for this game an hour after the specs dropped.  This wasn’t my first rodeo, and I’d briefed my wife it was coming months ago.  I remember back in my day, when I had to walk both ways through the snow uphill to buy a new machine for Half-Life 2…

What'd you get? The new 4000 series laptops are about to drop
https://www.newegg.com/eclipse-gray-asus-rog-strix-g16-g614ji-xs96-gaming/p/N82E16834236376

Thinking about getting this guy with next day shipping

Edited by mcwaffles2003

Just now, mcwaffles2003 said:

What'd you get? The new 4000 series laptops are about to drop
https://www.newegg.com/eclipse-gray-asus-rog-strix-g16-g614ji-xs96-gaming/p/N82E16834236376

Thinking about getting this guy with next day shipping

Just know that the "4070" in the labtop is not equivalent to a desktop 4070...

13 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

With all of the talk about COVID19 and extra time the team needed to finish their early access push... ya mean they didn't think about COVID19 and hardware constraints?! *head scratcher*

Ya mean they didn't optimise their code that was not yet suitable for optimisation????

Your idea of development is nothing short of confusing, in fact probably wrong.

15 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Sounds like the dev team missed their mark.

Sounds like someone being condescending about a problem they've never faced.

20 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

Oi, 
lets bring some hype back!

If I did everything right it should start at the KSP2 part.

with a 4090, it bloody should work..

its really like saying "i need lift this 100'lbs up 2 ft", and proceeds to get the LR11350 off of space X to do it, and put it on "heavy load" mode.

like.