KSP2 Hype Train Thread

So... Mr. Lowne posted this over on YouTube.  It doesn't necessarily specify it's KSP1...  Anyone thinkin what I'm thinkin you're probably thinkin?

DnGgXw18I0xLvbUT19FOGmboSVdrfZ037kVk95hQ5IKjhYVHutQo14X_pj_62mYw-RLIIptV90qi8ZY=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1

Then again, he commented that this roadmap is "to build hype for KSP2 on Friday," so it could be just KSP1 videos.  But then again... it might not be.

Also note "new frontiers" on Monday

Edited by Astr0Guy5

2 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Someone on discord pointed out this stream tomorrow, the corner picture appears to show him sitting at the computer during the event and while theres not many pictures of him he appeared to be at the event? So yeah embargo likely drops tomorrow morning

Didn't even know he went to the ESA event - had to go back to the group photo on the KSP twitter. Hopefully this is a new perspective on things (and maybe some tasty gameplay)!

8 minutes ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

DnGgXw18I0xLvbUT19FOGmboSVdrfZ037kVk95hQ5IKjhYVHutQo14X_pj_62mYw-RLIIptV90qi8ZY=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1

I don't want to get my hopes up that it's ksp2 footage so that I'll still enjoy the videos and not just be disappointed if it's just ksp 1....buuuut something about these missions just feels a little too...mundane, I guess, to be a sort of "Road to KSP 2" type of thing. Probably just me overanalyzing, but ig we'll see tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Sunforge said:

buuuut something about these missions just feels a little too...mundane, I guess, to be a sort of "Road to KSP 2" type of thing. Probably just me overanalyzing, but ig we'll see tomorrow.

My thoughts exactly.  I'll be excited to get this many KSP videos in a row anyone, regardless of the game. :D

1 hour ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

So... Mr. Lowne posted this over on YouTube.  It doesn't necessarily specify it's KSP1...  Anyone thinkin what I'm thinkin you're probably thinkin?

Then again, he commented that this roadmap is "to build hype for KSP2 on Friday," so it could be just KSP1 videos.  But then again... it might not be.

I thought he already iterated that he was recording videos in KSP1 for this week to hype up to release in that youtube short he did. The prior community manager mentions was that they could reveal gameplay from the event, not implying they had early copies of the game yet. I'd temper expectations for anyone to give us anything that wasn't event recorded.

5 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I think you mean, prepare for HYPErspace. ;p

I'll pack my bags, and head into hyperspace,
Velocity at time-warp speed.
Spend my days in ultraviolet rays,
Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun.

We'll lock on course, straight through the universe,
You and me, and the galaxy.
Reach the stage, hyperdrives engaged,
Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun,
Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun.

@Bej Kerman don't know what that song is, but mine is Don't stop me now by Queen 

Spoiler

Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time
I feel alive
And the world I'll turn it inside out, yeah
I'm floating around in ecstasy
So, (don't stop me now)
(Don't stop me)
'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time
I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky like a tiger
Defying the laws of gravity
I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva
I'm gonna go, go, go, there's no stopping me....

I'm a rocket ship on my way to Mars on a collision course
I am a satellite I'm out of control
I am a s(ensual) machine ready to reload like an atom bomb
About to oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, explode
I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah
200 degrees, that's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit
I'm travelling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic woman of you

6 hours ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

I will admit that the list is clearly designed to invoke the KSP2 roadmap, but I wouldn't bet on it just yet. The only reason we're thinking it could be the new game is because the other channel said it was coming on the same day. If one of them is real, maybe both of them are. We won't know until we see at least one.

KSP2 has had a bad press week with the shock specs announcements. If they decided to show us footage now, it's an effort to get the hype train back on track.

12 minutes ago, stephensmat said:

I will admit that the list is clearly designed to invoke the KSP2 roadmap, but I wouldn't bet on it just yet. The only reason we're thinking it could be the new game is because the other channel said it was coming on the same day. If one of them is real, maybe both of them are. We won't know until we see at least one.

KSP2 has had a bad press week with the shock specs announcements. If they decided to show us footage now, it's an effort to get the hype train back on track.

I doubt Intercept reached out and said: "You know what, we're going to allow the NDA to drop Monday at 8AM CST."  in response to the bad press. 

I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I would bet that Monday at 8AM CST was always the NDA drop time. 

I believe Matt is doing another troll/tease and will be releasing KSP 2 videos throughout the week. After all, he did do that troll with discord where he set his status to "Playing Kerbal Space Program 2."

Edited by GoldForest

9 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I doubt Intercept reached out and said: "You know what, we're going to allow the NDA to drop Monday at 8AM CST."  in response to the bad press. 

I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I would bet that Monday at 8AM CST was always the NDA drop time. 

I believe Matt is doing another troll/tease and will be releasing KSP 2 videos throughout the week. After all, he did do that troll with discord where he set his status to "Playing Kerbal Space Program 2."

Probably correct on all points, if anyone is showing anything about KSP 2, almost no one will be watching Matt play KSP 1

12 hours ago, Strawberry said:

This is literally a community manager who works at intercept games and it was about a week ago after the event. I seriously doubt they changed the specifics of the NDA agreement midway through the event and when it was intended to expire because ??????. 

after thinking about this, and gathering more info, I expect you are correct.

When I am wrong, I say I am wrong.

12 hours ago, not giving a name said:

I feel like this hype train is entering the station at full speed, but train cars  are on fire. I love the devs, but DAMM

yay: it out now, remastered kerbin system,  promise of new content

nay: a lot missing from trailer at launch,  those insane graphics requirements

85vUCUQh.png
It ended well, Think I lost some parts but ship survived. 

I was under the impression that reviews and ESA event reports can start today but gameplay vids not until Thursday, so this is a pleasant surprise.

I doubt Matt is trolling everyone for more views on Monday; no one will watch the rest of the week if that's KSP1.

10 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Someone on discord pointed out this stream tomorrow, the corner picture appears to show him sitting at the computer during the event and while theres not many pictures of him he appeared to be at the event? So yeah embargo likely drops tomorrow morning

Am I the only one getting some Rick Rolling vibes with this embargo? The trolling potencial is infinite 

8 hours ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

I have another thing to add

why would he do the bridge challenge again in ksp-1 makes sense for it to be ksp-2