KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Just now, GoldForest said:

Cubic strusts I do agree with you there, but fuel tanks, no. Once auto struts are reintroduced, stacking 5 tanks won't be a problem. 

Do we have confirmation it will return?  I hope so.. and hopefully in a better from where you can select N tanks and say.. hey..treat this as a single physics object.

1 minute ago, tstein said:

Do we have confirmation it will return?  I hope so.. and hopefully in a better from where you can select N tanks and say.. hey..treat this as a single physics object.

Yes. One of the CC's asked about it and Nate said it was coming, just not a priority as of right now, iirc.

Just now, Stephensan said:

they want it in, but it depends where it gets implemented if the players really want it now 

Yes, but I think they took it more as "weather that influences gameplay" instead of "just weather visuals".

5 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

Why aren't the trusses procedural?

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

(some) Tanks and trusses should be procedural step-wise by length.

1 hour ago, CanOmer said:

Wings are procedural but why not tanks and decouplers...etc?

See also procedural parts wishlist which talks about tanks and trusses.  This seems like a great way to reduce physics load (performance) and most players seem to want to avoid the wobbly rocket gameplay as demonstrated by the common practice of auto strutting or adding tons of struts manually.

Edited by poopslayer78
Hit the post button twice

2 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Yes, but I think they took it more as "weather that influences gameplay" instead of "just weather visuals".

Weather would impact play in two major way wind would sho why you don't use parachutes to slow down something like an falcon 9 first stage, it would also make landing planes harder, low clouds would also make landing much harder. 

15 minutes ago, nubcaker said:

Apparently I've had this account since 2013. Whoa. KSP has been a part of my life for a long time.

Anyway, I'm jumping on the hype train! Bit late but I'm excited! Let's play this beautiful mess of a game.

You are just in time :)

36 minutes ago, nubcaker said:

Apparently I've had this account since 2013. Whoa. KSP has been a part of my life for a long time.

Anyway, I'm jumping on the hype train! Bit late but I'm excited! Let's play this beautiful mess of a game.

Now that's an attitude I like to see!

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

Weather would impact play in two major way wind would sho why you don't use parachutes to slow down something like an falcon 9 first stage, it would also make landing planes harder, low clouds would also make landing much harder. 

I would personally enjoy weather that's purely visual, even if it could make certain things harder.

I think the devs are probably hesitant to add it because if they added weather, they would feel obligated to make it functional, i.e. wind pushes your craft and pulls your parachutes, most people probably don't feel that's a necessary, or even beneficial, game mechanic. I know the new EVE clouds mod adds visual weather and it looks great. However, it is a mod, and I think if it's to be officially implemented as a feature by the devs they would feel that purely visual weather isn't enough.

Also, implementing weather opens a whole can of worms- is it random, or does it obey some sort of physical laws, and can it be predicted? Anyone familiar with the Kerbal Weather Project mod knows that simulating even remotely realistic weather is a whole separate topic they probably won't want to broach.

Edited by VlonaldKerman

6 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I think they might have been, at least the fuel tanks. 

If they weren't, Intercept has expressed they may add them if community feedback requests them. 

Like there's somebody that would NOT want them. Why have they removed them in the first place? What was the thought proccess? 

9 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

You guys are gonna love this!

Reveal hidden contents

KSP2-Anomaly-1.png

Watching the video, it just looks like a glitch to me.

We can expect some. Matt Lowne's SSTO video shows a glitchy texture on his vessel a few seconds before touching down.

Just now, Truebadour said:

Watching the video, it just looks like a glitch to me.

We can expect some. Matt Lowne's SSTO video shows a glitchy texture on his vessel a few seconds before touching down.

100% it's not a glitch.

Just now, Vl3d said:

100% it's not a glitch.

Just say it already: was has been confirmed now? 

Oh I know, it's space races against the kerbals toughest purple competitors: The Purbals!

Edited by Snafu225

19 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:
21 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Just say it already: was has been confirmed now? 

It was in the long KSC streams, and the camera was basically pointed at it the whole time.