KSP2 Hype Train Thread

2 hours ago, K^2 said:

The two best ways to learn from games made by professionals without working for a studio is working on mods or playing games that aren't finished. Just like it's a lot easier to read the intentions of a level designer on a blocked out map, before all the decoration went in, so it is with understanding the game mechanics and even aspects of code performance and complexity while you're playing something with some inner parts of the game exposed.

This.

I've learned this recently (in the past year and a half) by starting to read Fanfiction.

Most published novels go through an expensive editing process that sterilize them from any kind of writer error possible, not only in the grammar, but in the pacing and story structure too.

Fanfiction is like homemade food you're going to find all kinds of errors and experiments in it, and learn tons about writing.

It's also a good way to pick up writing as a hobby, there's no better motivation to start than reading a terribly written story and realizing that you could do it better.

Edited by Master39
realizong! I need an editor too.

28 minutes ago, Master39 said:

This.

I've learned this recently (in the past year and a half) by starting to read Fanfiction.

Most published novels go through an expensive editing process that sterilize them from any kind of writer error possible, not only in the grammar, but in the pacing and story structure too.

Fanfiction is like homemade food you're going to find all kinds of errors and experiments in it, and learn tons about writing.

It's also a good way to pick up writing as a hobby, there's no better motivation to start than reading a terribly written story and realizing that you could do it better.

YES!!!!!
That's something I am really hoping for, and looking forward to reading. Some new KSP2 fan-fiction stories!!!
I can't write any fan-fiction myself, sorry. I've still got way too much "official" writing to do. 
So I am passing the torch to everyone out there. 
Have fun!!!!   
:vallove: :heart_eyes:  

screenshot477.png

Edited by Just Jim

4 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

YES!!!!!
That's something I am really hoping for, and looking forward to reading. Some new KSP2 fan-fiction stories!!!
I can't write any fan-fiction myself, sorry. I've still got way too much "official" writing to do. 
Have fun!!!!   

screenshot477.png

Now that you reminded me about it I did write some paragraphs of KSP story back in the day, in Italian, on a forum that doesn't exist anymore, as part of some mission logs I posted there.

It would be fun to try it again, this time here, when the right Plot Bunny hits me.

Just now, Steigleder said:

Hello!

I have a laptop Lenovo Legion with the following characteristics:

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H  16 GB RAM
GTX 1650 Ti

I wonder if it will be able to support KSP2?

Many thanks!

We don't know. It falls below the minimum requirements so probably not.

It is also worth pointing out that a GTX 1650 Ti portable will be less powerful than its desktop equivalent.

Just now, Steigleder said:

Hello!

I have a laptop Lenovo Legion with the following characteristics:

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H  16 GB RAM
GTX 1650 Ti

I wonder if it will be able to support KSP2?

Many thanks!

The CPU will be fine as it surpassed the recommended specs.
Your GPU might be a problem. 

2 hours ago, K^2 said:

I have no idea if this is a parody, but I love it anyways.

I don't think early access is for everyone. I do think a lot of people will be disappointed, at least in the short term, if they buy it right now without thinking. But at the same time, a lot of people will get this early access and enjoy playing through it, and watching how the game develops from here. And the fact that some people want to present getting into the early access as an unreasonable option is absolutely ridiculous. So I'm completely on board with the energy of this, "Don't care, getting the game," thread. :D

On a more serious note, one group of people who should be getting this and other games in early, unfinished state, though, is anyone studying game development. The two best ways to learn from games made by professionals without working for a studio is working on mods or playing games that aren't finished. Just like it's a lot easier to read the intentions of a level designer on a blocked out map, before all the decoration went in, so it is with understanding the game mechanics and even aspects of code performance and complexity while you're playing something with some inner parts of the game exposed.

Agree, now I think that KSP 2 as its now is much more relevant for new players than us veterans. 
Much better looking and the new tutorials make its much easier to get started and new players will not care much that advanced features are missing as they will be exploring for quite some time. 
For me, would buy it if my graphic card supported it, but I will wait if I have to update it.  Yes it would be fun to test out warp under trust and some other features but has done many grand tours. 

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

This.

Are you complaining about the word usements I structure?

15 hours ago, DwightLee said:

Yeah, one thing I always lamented about KSP is that I was not there from the beginning. I wont miss out on that chance this time. 

I know early access is not for everyone, but for me I will enjoy giving feedback, and being there for the ride from day one enjoying every patch, every major update, and hopefully years in the future for future DLC of KSP 2

KSP2 looks to be starting out a little worse than KSP1 did; I was there at the very beginning for KSP1. This is why those of us who decided NOT to put on the 'rose colored glasses' are disappointed. If the dev team had just one goal (and they state it in a video) it was to kill the kraken and allow for large, if not enormous ships. I just don't think they can get there with Unity, something drastic would have to change.

I'm old enough and wise enough to admit I could be wrong...I've seen this type of thing before, the lofty goals, promising the world, only to see projects fall flat. As a matter of fact I've only seen one project do a complete 180, No Mans Sky. I (personally) didn't want another revised KSP1, I was looking forward to what they pitched and claimed in their launch videos. Just look at how large some of those bases are, do we really think they'll improve performance to an extent were we can have several ships and a large base in one area, all the while in multiplayer?  Using the transitive property and putting KSP1 side by side with KSP2, if KSP2 starts out more hindered by the Unity engine and coding, I just can't imagine it will turn out better or have the scope that we'd hoped for.

*Sorry just got out of surgery, no lucid*

Edited by saxappeal89129

Just now, saxappeal89129 said:

KSP2 looks to be starting out a little worse than KSP1 did; I was there at the very beginning for KSP1. This is why those of us who decided NOT to put on the 'rose colored glasses' are disappointed. If the dev team had just one goal (and they state it in a video) it was to kill the kraken and allow for large, if not enormous ships. I just don't think they can get there with Unity, something drastic would have to change.

I'm old enough and wise enough to admit I could be wrong...I've seen this type of thing before, the lofty goals, promising the world, only to see projects fall flat. As a matter of fact I've only see one project do a complete 180, No Mans Sky. I (personally) didn't want another revised KSP1, I was looking forward to they pitched claimed in their launch videos. Just look at how large some of those bases are, do we really think they'll improve performance to an extent were we can have several ships and a large base in one area, all the while in multiplayer?  Using the transitive property and putting KSP1 side by side with KSP2, if KSP2 starts out more hindered by the Unity engine and coding, I just can't imagine it will turn out better or have the scope that we'd hoped for.

Oh I am not worried at all, this is not the release of the game, that is years from now. You are saying it cannot be done, I disagree.   ( I think that flying contraption the Wright Brothers are trying to make will get off the ground.  )

2 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

Oh I am not worried at all, this is not the release of the game, that is years from now. You are saying it cannot be done, I disagree.   ( I think that flying contraption the Wright Brothers are trying to make will get off the ground.  )

That analogy isn't accurate, a more accurate analogy would be... "Oh man, do you think that Wright Brothers contraption can get off the ground with 100 people, flight attendants, and meals for the trip from Vegas to Cleveland"?

I don't... it didn't have the correct design/engineering from the start.

*Edit: Will we be able to do the same things in KSP2 that we did in KSP1, yes I agree that will happen. If that's the argument you're making, then yeah I agree with that, but it's not what was pitched, promoted, and shown in marketing.

Edited by saxappeal89129

17 minutes ago, airtrafficcontroller said:

It depends of how many FPS do you need to have fun.

Also, you can test the game for 1 hour if buing on steam. If you can please tell us the performance you got because I have a PC almost like that.

A solid 60 for all scenarios, simple as that.

5 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

That analogy isn't accurate, a more accurate analogy would be... "Oh man, do you think that Wright Brothers contraption can get off the ground with 100 people, flight attendants, and meals for the trip from Vegas to Cleveland"?

I don't... it didn't have the correct design/engineering from the start.

*Edit: Will we be able to do the same things in KSP2 that we did in KSP1, yes I agree that will happen. If that's the argument you're making, then yeah I agree with that, but it's not what was pitched, promoted, and shown in marketing.

Early access is not for everyone, obviousy not for you. But you are not about to take away the enjoyment I will get from it. This is a moot argument, the game exists, with support it will continue to improve, I will be happy to be there as a small part of that support, I dont judge anyone that decides not to.

4 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

A solid 60 for all scenarios, simple as that.

It is like a cult religion thinking that 60fps is required, Movies are 24 fps, TV is 30, but oh no, 60 is the absolute minimum. maybe for a twitch game, this is not a twitch game. 

5 hours ago, DwightLee said:

Early access is not for everyone, obviousy not for you. But you are not about to take away the enjoyment I will get from it. This is a moot argument, the game exists, with support it will continue to improve, I will be happy to be there as a small part of that support, I dont judge anyone that decides not to. *You obviously do judge with the rhetorical comments you make*

[snip]

1) It's not about early access performance as a whole; it's about judgements made of the platform, just like judging a performance car platform and knowing if it's worthy of improvement for the track.

2) Not trying to take away your enjoyment, trying to point out the Delta between the ability of the platform to deliver the end results they claimed. (again see No Man's Sky)

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

5 hours ago, saxappeal89129 said:

[snip]

IM not flipping anything, you do not believe improvement is possible, I disagree, neither of us can back that up. The point is moot. I have however been in involved in a lot of things in my 67 years, and I can tell the difference between optimism and pessimism for a beloved project. 

Edited by Vanamonde

I will admit there are a lot of con's but the game will be better in the long run (i really hope).

lets also remember how bad ksp 1 unmodded is and with no DLC's. And remember Modders gonna mod.

If its not your cup of tea right now just get it later or not at all. no need to argue.

Edited by Royalswissarmyknife

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

YES!!!!!
Have fun!!!!   

If I can ever get enough motivation and time to write, I'll happily take up that torch  ;)

Just now, DwightLee said:

IM not flipping anything, you do not believe improvement is possible, I disagree, neither of us can back that up. The point is moot. I have however been in involved in a lot of things in my 67 years, and I can tell the difference between optimism and pessimism for a beloved project. 

It has has nothing to do either, it has to do with realism...what can the Unity engine effectively render, can it utilize CPU/GPU/RAM resources in such a way to squeeze out every ounce of performance. From the start I think the devs had VERY lofty goals, almost "too good to be true" vision. They ran with that, and allowed for these expectations to develop.

In all honesty...I really hope I'm wrong, in fact I'm hoping that I'm so incredibly wrong that within the next year or two I have to come on here and eat my words. Not to proud to do that, not to proud to come on a web-forum and say "you guys were right, glad you were".

2 minutes ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

I will admit there are a lot of con's but the game will be better in the long run (i really hope).

lets also remember how bad ksp 1 unmodded is and with no DLC's. And remember Modders gonna mod.

If its not your cup of tea right now just get it later or not at all. no need to argue.

I agree 100%

Some folks want to be in early access in an unfinished title, and some do not, and no reasonable person would place judgement on either side. 

If I was looking to play a completed game, I certainly would not purchase this.

I am purchasing it just for being along for the ride, The First KSP there wasn't even an orbit of Kerbin involved. 

I wish I had been there for the ride to what it became. 

Edited by DwightLee
typos