KSP2 Hype Train Thread

8 hours ago, Snafu225 said:

Could be the parachute tethers/lines paired with some AA/Sun reflection shenanigans, as the top of the capsule is opened aswell.

could be, just weird that its a dotted line. it was doing that for a good few seconds in the video

23 hours ago, Datau03 said:

Hmm... very good question. Maybe a fairing? It could also just be a not yet textured part, although I wouldn't expect something like that in Beta screenshots.

10 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

(i.e. the 'What is that thing' thing on top of the rocket)

It's functionally an utility weight for testing payload mass. I really hope it's standardized like the Utility Weight mod part.

Edited by Vl3d

Spoiler

ss_6101c3ee688501084cbd79e96f50ec6714f6b

The rover design and cockpit look very interesting (but the windows are not transparent, prolly meaning no IVA view available for it). Love the complexity of the truss structure. And the lighting / textures quality is amazing. But I really hope they implement effects like wheel marks and dust getting kicked up.

Edited by Vl3d

I recall them saying there will be no IVA view at launch. Only transparent windows. So the opaque pod worries me a bit because it looks like it will have neither. Time will tell. Or a dev randomly dropping an answer here ;p

10 minutes ago, Vl3d said:
  Hide contents

The rover design and cockpit look very interesting (but the windows are not transparent, prolly meaning no IVA view available for it). Love the complexity of the truss structure. And the lighting / textures quality is amazing. But I really hope they implement effects like wheel marks and dust getting kicked up.

It was confirmed that not all, if any, craft will have IVAs at launch of EA. 

Edited by GoldForest

16 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Okay okay but hear me out

Since we have two parallel runways now, can we launch a gigantic vessel, so wide that it would have the wheels on both runways?

I suspect it will spawn as if it was trying to use only one runway, so you would have to manually drive it on to both. 

7 hours ago, Vl3d said:

It's functionally an utility weight for testing payload mass

I'm not saying you're wrong. It would certainly be cool. But this appears to be a statement of fact, so I humbly observe that [citation needed]

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

But this appears to be a statement of fact, so I humbly observe that [citation needed]

1 hour ago, Deddly said:
8 hours ago, Vl3d said:

It's functionally an utility weight for testing payload mass

Yes it is not a certainty, but it's a logical observation considering that we don't know what or if something is inside the container. It could be a fairing with a satellite inside, but until we know for sure, its functionally an utility weight.

By the way guys there's a new video from the Beta KSC.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/kerbalspacep/3009964704021982950/