KSP2 Hype Train Thread

So, I just took a look at SteamDB.... Intercept is doing some work. 

There's been an update like every half hour to an hour for the past few days now (With a few breaks inbetween).

They really are ramping up. 

They're probably finishing up the EA build so they can get it out to content creators so they can show off what the players will get at launch of EA.

Which by the way is:

DDTnjZ7.png

All the Changenumber are internal steam changes, doesn't mean anything.

When an application or package changes, Steam creates a "changelist" to notify all Steam clients that something changed. This changelist has a number, referred to as a changenumber. This changenumber increments globally and is not a per-app thing.

Change list and number terminology comes from Perforce, a version history control software, which Valve uses internally.

App and package updates do not even have to be related to the app/package itself as Valve does periodical changes to a batch of apps/packages. Usually when such a change happens, it affects many apps at once.

For a changenumber to change on an app that hasn't been active in months, it's more likely a useless change rather than a sign of life.

Edited by The Aziz

25 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

We've already seen this. They did it as a steam live stream last month. 

Nice to see that we have confirmation that the music is KSP 2. 

And this is definitely the same video we saw. The aliasing is still there. 

4 minutes ago, Ashandalar said:

Behind the camera.

Then they’ve rearranged the orientation and Kerbin’s geography, it looks like. The ocean is the right (east). The runway used to be north of the VAB and launchpad, with the tracking center to the south. 

7 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

New Eve, who's that?

Pure eye candy. Would have liked to see the entry effects and the descent. Parachute is very cool! Parts look gorgeous. Not a lot of atmospheric or ground scatter. The sky's purple incidental light on the parts though.. so good.

Edited by Vl3d

Second 0:25 and forward, those surface scatters look... scarce? Almost at KSP1's level. Maybe just a thing from the build they were working with at that moment.

Maybe not. 

Edited by MARL_Mk1

1 hour ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Second 0:25 and forward, those surface scatters look... scarce? Almost at KSP1's level. Maybe just a thing from the build they were working with at that moment.

Maybe not. 

There is even one rock that looks like it's floating above ground. I guess it's not final!

I really like the parachute animation, and the fact that Eve is covered in a thick cloud layer.

12 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

The parachute looks good until it's deployed, then it moves a bit weird, I hope they will improve it soon :D 

IDK what you're talking about, looks fine to me. If you're talking about how it 'spasms' they do that a little at high speed until they slow down.