KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Maybe someone who knows how these games are developed could help. It could either be bad or good, because they could be replacing people or expanding their team in anticipation of continual development. 

1 hour ago, davi201200 said:

what time do videos usually come out?  so I more or less have an idea of when I can resign myself:(

For me it comes out at 18:00 CET, just go to show and tell or dev diary section and place cursor over date and you will get the time :) 

2 hours ago, t_v said:

Maybe someone who knows how these games are developed could help. It could either be bad or good, because they could be replacing people or expanding their team in anticipation of continual development. 

Nate Simpson said it's in a great state .

15 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Nate said that the last shot where we see clouds is neither Kerbin nor Gurdama, so what could it be? A new planet? Or perhaps it's the eyeball one?

I don't think it's Puff, because the colors don't match much. who knows... I'm briefly worried that at the end of the video there was no release date, but not even a "coming in 2022". I hope I'm wrong. moreover, not knowing where they are in development really leaves me with a weight inside that will only be lifted when the game is released. or I could lift it with more Boosters ... mh ...

49 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Nate said that the last shot where we see clouds is neither Kerbin nor Gurdama, so what could it be? A new planet? Or perhaps it's the eyeball one?

Lapat?

THAT OTHER PLACE!

With trees and stuff.

Please say they will be red

Post from show and tell

2 hours ago, Laxez said:

I'm briefly worried that at the end of the video there was no release date, but not even a "coming in 2022".

They've never put a release date/window at the end of any of these promos. All of the release info has come from other sources (forum posts, etc).

That said, this is the first piece of footage (to my knowledge) to have a "Rating Pending" popup on it! Hopefully that means we're approaching release.

I wouldn't call it "approaching". It probably means that the build contains enough features for the rating to be determined.

EDIT: WAITAMINUTE. The rating being at pending stage means that multiplayer is at nearly complete stage, because they wouldn't get it otherwise.

Edited by The Aziz

20 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I wouldn't call it "approaching". It probably means that the build contains enough features for the rating to be determined.

EDIT: WAITAMINUTE. The rating being at pending stage means that multiplayer is at nearly complete stage, because they wouldn't get it otherwise.

Hype! Lets go!

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

HYPE !! 

So they can't just say that the game will have multiplayer, they need to have it mostly functional to get the rating?

Edited by gussi111

30 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

So they can't just say that the game will have multiplayer, they need to have it mostly functional to get the rating?

You can't base these on a promise, can you? If you decide to add to your multiplayer, for example, a text chat, you have to rate it for potential vulgar language etc.

36 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

You can't base these on a promise, can you? If you decide to add to your multiplayer, for example, a text chat, you have to rate it for potential vulgar language etc.

Tough to tell if the RP is meaningful. As @daninplainsight pointed out in a different thread, the RP was even on the cinematic announcement trailer. So if you're right, that would mean multiplayer has been close ever since the announcement.

18 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Tough to tell if the RP is meaningful. As @daninplainsight pointed out in a different thread, the RP was even on the cinematic announcement trailer. So if you're right, that would mean multiplayer has been close ever since the announcement.

Well then, perhaps it needs to appear a certain time before game is released, back then they were about to release the game in a year or so, same as now. Or maybe they had something already, but when it got pushed into future and scope changed, the rating process probably was paused.

11 hours ago, EngineeringWaffle said:

If we could just get a release month. Or a financial quarter for release. I need to know if I'm waiting a month or a year or I'm gonna go crazy.

All we know at the moment is that they're shooting for a 2022 release. It also came out at some point that they're targeting fiscal year 2023, and putting those pieces of info together means no earlier than April 1, but no later than December 31. It doesn't narrow things down a lot, but we'll certainly get some info in the coming months (keep your eye on PAX East, I highly suspect something will be shown there).