KSP2 Hype Train Thread

3 minutes ago, Laxez said:

here:

Whats-App-Image-2022-02-19-at-12-12-52.j

oooooooooh , Great ! , at least we'll have something this week .

4 minutes ago, Laxez said:

here:

Whats-App-Image-2022-02-19-at-12-12-52.j

Wait , that's not a show and tell , that's a feature video ! episode 5 ! and , well , it's about planets :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Ahres said:

I wonder if it's time to start wondering when the next Feature Video will be. I don't remember who it was now, someone on the forums pointed out how there's a private video on KSP's youtube channel.

8 hours ago, Laxez said:

On the official Instagram account you can find a story that show they are working on a new show and tell video!!!

Wow. My timing was impeccable, if I may say so myself. Talk about a rabbit trail I can't help but follow, I'm probably going to start a thread that puts all my thoughts together. There's a few things to address here.

4 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

oooooooooh , Great ! , at least we'll have something this week .

Wait , that's not a show and tell , that's a feature video ! episode 5 ! and , well , it's about planets :rolleyes:

I don't think it's about planets. The last one was about planets. 

I looked back at previous feature videos and that shot didn't appear in them, which is good, but as I was looking I saw that when they were talking about glassy minmus, they had changed the color to a much darker and less saturated blue-gray, and on top of that the minmus flats had some craters in them and were not perfectly flat. Personally, I liked the bright color of minmus and I think that adjusting the color back would make it a much nicer planet to land on and look at. 

3 hours ago, Ahres said:

Wow. My timing was impeccable, if I may say so myself. Talk about a rabbit trail I can't help but follow, I'm probably going to start a thread that puts all my thoughts together. There's a few things to address here.

I don't think it's about planets. The last one was about planets. 

See the image behind the speaker ( i don't know if he's Nate ) You'll see jool , eeloo , some kind of image with jool surface maybe ? and some kind of kerbin image maybe .

12 hours ago, Laxez said:

On the official Instagram account you can find a story that show they are working on a new show and tell video!!!

The last time they posted something like this was about 7 months ago, so sometime in/around August, and the next Feature Video came out in early November, so based on that we have about 2-3 months to go.

Another video about the fact that there will be different types of planets in the KSP? I would like to see something cool and new, such as megaships for interstellar flights, stations for extracting metallic hydrogen from gas giants, or multiplayer.

I love how people are making assumptions based on a single photo.

There were planets in all videos you know.

BECAUSE IT'S A GAME ABOUT SPACE.

And, you know, those megaships usually park near planets. So do stations. Most interactions in multiplayer will happen around or on planets. Bases and colonies will be on surface of planets. Potential rover explorations? Oh my, on planets. I could go on and on...

13 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I love how people are making assumptions based on a single photo.

There were planets in all videos you know.

BECAUSE IT'S A GAME ABOUT SPACE.

And, you know, those megaships usually park near planets. So do stations. Most interactions in multiplayer will happen around or on planets. Bases and colonies will be on surface of planets. Potential rover explorations? Oh my, on planets. I could go on and on...

You're right , We can't make assumptions now , let's wait a few more months

3 hours ago, Alexoff said:

Another video about the fact that there will be different types of planets in the KSP? I would like to see something cool and new, such as megaships for interstellar flights, stations for extracting metallic hydrogen from gas giants, or multiplayer.

It has already been confirmed that this video is not about planets but rather about colonies. The last video was about planets. Additionally, there is a lot of filler footage in the background and while people talk, and not all of it is directly relevant to the subject of the video. 

10 minutes ago, t_v said:

It has already been confirmed that this video is not about planets but rather about colonies. The last video was about planets. Additionally, there is a lot of filler footage in the background and while people talk, and not all of it is directly relevant to the subject of the video. 

colonies !? where is the source ??

2 hours ago, t_v said:

Where was it confirmed? Maybe they told you something else interesting?

On 2/19/2022 at 10:04 AM, t_v said:

I looked back at previous feature videos and that shot didn't appear in them, which is good

@t_v doing good work. It's worth mentioning that before the last Feature Video there was an Instagram post like this saying filming was in progress. The post showed Aaron Lundquist, Senior VFX Artist being filmed. Except... that shot didn't appear in the last episode.... Why? Was it just edited out? Or are they actually one episode ahead in terms of filming and releasing? I still can't remember who pointed it out, but KSP's YouTube channel has a video that hasn't been made public yet, or however that works. Maybe the next episode is already good to go and they're actually filming for the one after this next one.

20 hours ago, gussi111 said:

So we are getting a feature video next month hopefully?

The time between the debut of that last Feature Video and the Instagram post that came before it was a couple months I believe. So if only because of precedence, I'd say look for it in April.

Welcome to the Forums, @Vl3d and @Volcomlancer!

2 hours ago, Volcomlancer said:

Way to optimistic, but a pc release on july 4th would be perfect lol nothing like lighting some fireworks on the 4th;) (sorry jeb).

I'm very much the optimist as well. In light of recent news saying the next Feature Video is being filmed, my optimistic timeline is:

Feature Video Episode 5: Colonies releases in April at PAX. The end of the video announces the release date: summer 2022.