KSP2 Hype Train Thread

I think quite a few people getting squidgy that it is now 2022 and no release date still.

I think they'll release the date soon, but, I think they must be thoroughly testing to ensure bugs and glitches are fixed to release a smooth game on release date.

If they have seen massively hyped games in the past, for example TW Rome 2, the release was buggy as and created a quagmire mire for CA to get out of.

My bet is September 2022, with possibly early access in late July...

Honestly, I think the game is already done but they are fine tuning the difficulty with play testing to find that balance of new players and hardcore gamer engineers. The reason I think this is because in a lot of Nate Simpson’s interviews he mentioned this perfect balance that needs to be found. Another thing worth mentioning is that the KSP2 team references  a multitude of things that they wouldn’t necessarily know if the game was 3-4 years out, and I can conclude that the 2022 end date will stay.

5 hours ago, EngineeringWaffle said:

I just wish they'd tell us something. Even if all they said was "The game is still coming out in 2022," at least we'd know they weren't going to extend it to 2023.

Literally EVERYWHERE you look, it says 2022. Why would they say something that's already been said multiple times?

43 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Literally EVERYWHERE you look, it says 2022. Why would they say something that's already been said multiple times?

And before the release date got pushed to 2022, it said 2021 everywhere. Before it said 2021 everywhere, it said 2020 everywhere. We are coming up on 4 months into 2022 and we haven't heard a damn thing about the release. Obviously they wouldn't make a post that just says "release date 2022" but if they said something like "hey guys, we're not sure exactly when in the year it's going to be yet, but we promise it's not getting pushed back again" it would be nice. Frankly, the game was supposed to be out 2 years ago and I have no real confidence that it's gonna come out this year at all.

I'm happy to wait too, I'm not impatient. I just wanna know how long it's gonna be. Tell me it's coming in December and I'm a happy camper. Tell me it's coming next December and I'll be happy. It's just hard to be excited for something that could happen tomorrow or a year from now.

Edited by EngineeringWaffle

I've seen nothing to indicate that there are addtional delays.  So sometime in 2022  seems pretty safe to me.

At a guess I would put my money on comfortably before Christmas, so Sept to Nov.

I don't get all the obsession with wanting a date announcement.  All that does is raise expectations and risks disappointment if minor delays of a few days to a couple of weeks creep in.  There is enough paranoia about delays already,  and an actual date statement won't in itself guarantee anything anyway.  Let them get it done and ready THEN tell us, not give a date and need to change it.

I'm thinking that the closer the team gets to release, the harder it becomes to post anything that wouldn't be a spoiler.  I'm an adherent to underpromise, overdeliver, mostly because one can't predict all obstacles that will be encountered and it keeps hype in check so your players don't end up disappointed.  But at a certain point near the end about the only way to overdeliver is to go silent and keep working without distraction as any positive reveals will only raise expectations, perhaps beyond reality.  And those reveals have to be much more highly considered to prevent spoilers.   You want the release to be a surprise in good ways

On 3/17/2022 at 12:59 PM, darthgently said:

I'm thinking that the closer the team gets to release, the harder it becomes to post anything that wouldn't be a spoiler.  I'm an adherent to underpromise, overdeliver, mostly because one can't predict all obstacles that will be encountered and it keeps hype in check so your players don't end up disappointed.  But at a certain point near the end about the only way to overdeliver is to go silent and keep working without distraction as any positive reveals will only raise expectations, perhaps beyond reality.  And those reveals have to be much more highly considered to prevent spoilers.   You want the release to be a surprise in good ways

Totally agree! It stinks, but we are VERY close to HUGE news.

13 hours ago, The Aziz said:

No friday panic? Did people get mad here? What happened? Hello? You're supposed to be freaking out/be sad/both.

Or maybe you took my advice and went do something else, which is nice for a change.

I totally forgot about ksp 2 , I'll try to make myself bored of ksp 1 first , then , ksp 2. + my studies are taking 99% of my time so I don't have free time to think of games BTW