KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Sorry to ruin the hype, but this is a bit of a red signal. 

We need to spread the word the concerns involving microtransactions in ksp 2. They are a very real threat and the only thing we can really do is warn Take 2's customer base of the potential microtransactions so they have to think twice before adding anything of that nature. Ksp is one of the most unique games I have ever played and having it be gutted by micro transactions would turn it into a shallow soulless husk of what it once was.

(copy paste this around the forums reddit and ksp videos on youtube or anything else ksp related to help send the word. Or you can create your own copypasta for the low low price of $2.50!)

WE WILL NOT BUY ANY MICROTRANSACTIONS!

Not from me but I fully support 

@4472TJ

On 8/19/2019 at 10:55 PM, UomoCapra said:

There will not be an in-game currency for purchasing loot boxes or anything similar.  Please note that we are in active development and still working on many aspects. Which is why at this we do not have any announcements or can get in specifics regarding this. For now, we’re focused on a great launch and will announce more about post-release support in the future.

2 minutes ago, 4472TJ said:

@RealKerbal3x you should see the careful wording of the post. Although there will not be an ingame currency that doesn't mean to say that there will be no microtransactions. The answer has carefully avoided the question 

Fair enough...I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I’m OK with feature rich DLCs like those that have previously been released for KSP1, but micro transactions are pushing it a little.

2 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Fair enough...I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I’m OK with feature rich DLCs like those that have previously been released for KSP1, but micro transactions are pushing it a little.

I'm in complete agreement there. DLC's are non essential to have a great gameplay experience and since I have never got one it works with me. To pay for a game at $60 and pay more just to get good gameplay really is taking it over the edge

Anyway still hyped for it but keeping myself reserved

Let's chill the negative waves.  We have no signs of this crap in KSP2.  Unless and until they show up, let's celebrate the positive here.

There's enough bad crap in the world to go around, don't need to make more out of whole cloth.

My atom bomb powered hype engine is under construction at 16 Psyche. I'm not ready to light it quite yet, but if the game yields what the trailer promises...if I can build cities in the stars...this game will be a simulation of my greatest goal. And it will help other people discover why we must come together and go to the stars in real life too.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:45 PM, Urus28 said:

Can't wait to ruin my social life.... :sticktongue:

What do you mean? there's MULTIPLAyER

Edit: Ah yes, mustn't forget my hypetrain ticket

Edited by Gaba_Kerman
I need a hypetrain ticket

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Let's chill the negative waves.  We have no signs of this crap in KSP2.  Unless and until they show up, let's celebrate the positive here.

There's enough bad crap in the world to go around, don't need to make more out of whole cloth.

yes. 100% yes.

So there I was, futzin' around with battlemechs, bush planes, and antique woodworking machines, thinking I was well and truly done with KSP, and I really really mean it this time... when I heard a train whistle in the distance. It sounded very familiar.

What's this? That almost sounded like... but no, it can't be... can it?

I opened a window and told the dog to be quiet so I could listen. She ignored me, but I tried to listen anyway.

hype a hype a hype a hype a hype a hype a hype a hype a hype a hype a hype a hype WHOOOOOOOO!!!

By Jeb's sweaty green pits, that's the HYPE TRAIN! I thought the ol' girl must've been sold off for scrap metal, but nope that is abso-kerb-ilutely the HYPE TRAIN at full steam!

I ran to the tracks, arrived just as the engine swept by, and waved at the passenger cars. Green painted people were going nuts in there. The caboose came into view too soon, and one guy leaned over the rail to shout "have you seen the trailer video!?"

What video? I don't know nothing about no video. So I searched, and found, and watched, and was happy.

Then I came here and wrote a silly post just for the sake of silly posting, and was happy some more.

22 hours ago, 4472TJ said:

Sorry to ruin the hype, but this is a bit of a red signal. 

We need to spread the word the concerns involving microtransactions in ksp 2. They are a very real threat and the only thing we can really do is warn Take 2's customer base of the potential microtransactions so they have to think twice before adding anything of that nature. Ksp is one of the most unique games I have ever played and having it be gutted by micro transactions would turn it into a shallow soulless husk of what it once was.

(copy paste this around the forums reddit and ksp videos on youtube or anything else ksp related to help send the word. Or you can create your own copypasta for the low low price of $2.50!)

WE WILL NOT BUY ANY MICROTRANSACTIONS!

Not from me but I fully support 

I'm sorry, but any person seeking to ruin the hype train shall be forcibly kicked out.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:46 PM, GregroxMun said:

A whole new world has opened up and its naME IS KERBIN, HAHAHA! That's right it's ya boi GregroxMun back at it again with the Hype Train! Full steam ahead, boiler pressure is clocking in at uh... oh my. 360 gigapascals. Fantastic, we got earth-core energies.

I seriously never thought I'd take the Hype Train out again, but she's been excellently maintained and let me tell you she's ready to go. And so am I, I genuinely don't think I've ever been this hyped, and that says a lot.

rclVdlz.jpg?1

As before, this thread is intended to serve as an outlet for people's pure unadulterated enthusiasm and as a way to collect the special hype fluids that enable super-luminal hype travel from our passengers.

thumb_kerbal-space-program-kerbal-space-

Here's your ticket to ride.

I never thought I'd see the day, and I thought surely if I did, I would only be disappointed. But this looks amazing. It was amazing as it was, with parts based on NovaSilisko's old models but with a new shiny coat, and a return of the launchpad. And they used the Build Fly Dream music. And THAT NUCLEAR PULSE ROCKET blew me away when I saw it, and if that wasn't enough we see a beautiful shot of Jool with... oh my god... is that? A Daedalus drive? IT IS! GOING TO OTHER STAR SYSTEMS!

I can only hope that the future is bright for planet modding too. I'd love to see Whirligig World 2 and Alternis Kerbol Re-rekerjiggered!

LNER 4472 Flying Scotsman! Nice choice!

Can I have a return ticket? If not, a 7-9 monthly pass would be ok too.

Because that's when it releases, Spring 2020!!!!!! :D

On 8/19/2019 at 10:46 PM, GregroxMun said:

A whole new world has opened up and its naME IS KERBIN, HAHAHA! That's right it's ya boi GregroxMun back at it again with the Hype Train! Full steam ahead, boiler pressure is clocking in at uh... oh my. 360 gigapascals. Fantastic, we got earth-core energies.

I seriously never thought I'd take the Hype Train out again, but she's been excellently maintained and let me tell you she's ready to go. And so am I, I genuinely don't think I've ever been this hyped, and that says a lot.

rclVdlz.jpg?1

As before, this thread is intended to serve as an outlet for people's pure unadulterated enthusiasm and as a way to collect the special hype fluids that enable super-luminal hype travel from our passengers.

thumb_kerbal-space-program-kerbal-space-

Here's your ticket to ride.

I never thought I'd see the day, and I thought surely if I did, I would only be disappointed. But this looks amazing. It was amazing as it was, with parts based on NovaSilisko's old models but with a new shiny coat, and a return of the launchpad. And they used the Build Fly Dream music. And THAT NUCLEAR PULSE ROCKET blew me away when I saw it, and if that wasn't enough we see a beautiful shot of Jool with... oh my god... is that? A Daedalus drive? IT IS! GOING TO OTHER STAR SYSTEMS!

I can only hope that the future is bright for planet modding too. I'd love to see Whirligig World 2 and Alternis Kerbol Re-rekerjiggered!

I would change the locomotive a bit with an new engine.
ss_7f7fad7e387f9267d48640edd0dd71cbb2582

Yes this would require you to put it in the rear of train :) 

10 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

win7 will be out security updates befrore KSP2 launches-

so make that a win10 dualboot..

Nah, they extended it to 2023 with a subcontract to another company. Windows 7 is like a bad cold.. Microsoft just can't shake it. Too many people still like it. Myself included.

Edited by Talavar

On 8/22/2019 at 2:24 PM, 4472TJ said:

@RealKerbal3x you should see the careful wording of the post. Although there will not be an ingame currency that doesn't mean to say that there will be no microtransactions. The answer has carefully avoided the question 

Yes, this was a very carefully crafted half-answer.  While promising, it leaves the door open to WoW-like paid cosmetics and other in-game boosts using real currency.  If they go down this road, it also means they may block some types of mods that compete with their offerings, as we've seen with other games.  Remember, no matter how much they love the original, Star Theory are just hired guns who must - ultimately - do what Take-Two tells them to.

Not grabbing the pitchfork yet, as we don't know what they have planned, but that answer really does set off the old radar.

7 hours ago, usspeaking said:

I can't wait to be able to blow up a whole collony through 1 small mistake! Do we know if the collonies will be available for any planet that you want?

In one of the interviews the devs said you can build colonies on "any planet you can land on".  I assume that means moons, as well, but not things like gas giants or stars.  They also noted that each body would have it's own set of challenges related to colonization - though they only mentioned gravity as one of the per-body variables.  I assume atmosphere and/or wind is another.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:32 AM, Chilkoot said:

In one of the interviews the devs said you can build colonies on "any planet you can land on".  I assume that means moons, as well, but not things like gas giants or stars.  They also noted that each body would have it's own set of challenges related to colonization - though they only mentioned gravity as one of the per-body variables.  I assume atmosphere and/or wind is another.

I thought they said no wind.

Another challenge might be lack of resources.