KSP2 Hype Train Thread

1 hour ago, gussi111 said:

nothing again I guess

10 months to go... No sense of doing much more hype than they've already done.  

It's like @Gargamelwrote some time back: dropping too much info in the trailer makes it less likely for people to go see the movie.

I would not expect much more than a few developers updates before the release announcement next year. 

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I would not expect much more than a few developers updates before the release announcement next year. 

I definitely agree on this. Maybe a couple more show and tells, hopefully. Maybe some wheel designs or some of the tank or structural parts.

2 hours ago, gussi111 said:

5 minutes past 18:00 CET, nothing again I guess?

Only 6 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes until next Friday window closes with a whimper. Or does it?  Maybe, just maybe, next Friday is The One where we get 45 seconds more of cryptic hints! Wheeeeee!  Hype!  In the meantime, I will try to remain calm

2 hours ago, darthgently said:

Only 6 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes until next Friday window closes with a whimper. Or does it?  Maybe, just maybe, next Friday is The One where we get 45 seconds more of cryptic hints! Wheeeeee!  Hype!  In the meantime, I will try to remain calm

they are actually spaced 14 days apart.

34 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Friday passed by... nothing.

I have said this a few times, the game never should have been announced so early. The Hype Train has suffered because of this.

I cannot dispute that hype has suffered, because everyone's experience differs and some people may be feeling less hyped, but the decision to announce the game wasn't made with the change in scope in mind. An announce late 2019, eventual release in 2021 was planned, but if you look back at those videos, a lot of polish and optimization was missing. After COVID hit, I think that the studio decided to take the extra time to change the scope of their game, adding in new content and making things look nicer and run nicer, and we have seen a lot of progress in many areas of the game.

The game we will be getting is not the same game that was in progress in 2019, and it will be much closer to the game we were shown in the reveal trailer. 

Anyway, let's just move past this. I like @Bej Kermanin particular because he has the courage to say what he thinks. But we can clearly see that it's an emotionally charged situation and we're forced to just BELIEVE everything is fine WITHOUT EVIDENCE. I don't think that asking for gameplay and feature videos is a bad thing, because we are rational people - that's why we like this game. There is no sense of entitlement, we want to see the PROOF.

So I'll say this: I BELIEVE in the creative and development team for KSP2. But I want PROOF from the marketing and PR team.

There was no real info for the KSP anniversary. We're probably gonna get something to mark the Moon landing. It is what it is.

@Bej Kerman

While I don't personally appreciate the tone you used, your message isn't incorrect.

People that have made a baseless or insufficiently well founded prediction on when the next KSP 2 information release will happen, that date passes, and then they complain about their prediction being wrong here in the hype train thread, do in fact slow the hype train quite significantly.
Now if they're truly "a bunch of hard-core, entitled, angry fans" is not my (or your) place to say, and if I was you I'd retract that statement even if you DO have evidence for it, because it's just not polite.

Maybe the hype train doesn't have brakes, but you're right, those kind of comments sure do make it run out of steam for a while.

As I've said before here, my personal hype train doesn't run out of steam, no matter how much of a damper is put on this hype train thread. I know the game is going to come out "when it's ready", and not just because some "critical deadline" is approaching.

Heck, I don't even agree with the people that claim that multiplayer or some other feature X or Y should be cut from the initial release of the game "because that would make it come out sooner".
None of the features was "tacked on at the last minute", at least not since the game moved over to being produced by Intercept Games. After that scope change we have heard nothing about new features, or features that were planned but are now not going to make it to the final release.

So I'm not sure how many more times I care to say this, but here we go again:

Hype needs to be tempered by patience, or you're gonna turn yourself into a nervous wreck, and nobody likes seeing the aftermath of that.

Personally I'm impatient when I'm playing games, in KSP 1 rather than using the LV-N (technically the "most efficient" option) to move a large mission out to Jool (say a Jool-5 mission), I'll use a larger rocket stage powered by Rhino engines to move mostly the same payload, because I'll use less parts because I need a lot less Rhino engines than I do Nerv engines to get a reasonable TWR, and even then chances are that the TWR will just naturally be much much higher in any case, which will mean that thankfully I won't have to sit around waiting 10 minutes for a burn to complete (Using Nertea's CryoEngines Hydrolox engines is somewhere in the middle, the largest 3.75m "booster" engine from that mod still has better specific impulse than the Rhino, but it ALSO has higher thrust and TWR, even when you factor in the heavier cryogenic fuel tanks and a power system to prevent boil-off, so that's what I usually end up using if I haven't unlocked any engines from FFT yet).
I suppose I should really look into installing PersistentThrust and PersistentRotation, as what I'm trying to minimize is "time spent on an interplanetary mission with the engines running for transfer orbit injection or capture", not the actual in-game time it takes to perform the burn.

EDIT (because I hit "post" too early):
Now when it comes to "waiting for a game to come out", I'm not sure why you all can't just do what I do and find something else to do that is more enjoyable than complaining on some forum when said complaining won't do anything to the release date of the game (and if it does, it will negatively impact the quality of said game, and nobody wants that I don't think).

Edited by SciMan
Pressed post too early

Choo choo!!

My hype is immeasurable. Thank you that is all (:

10 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Friday passed by... nothing.

I have said this a few times, the game never should have been announced so early. The Hype Train has suffered because of this.

I disagree! They've been working on this game for quite a long time, and they have an idea of how much longer it will be until release now, otherwise Nate would not have made the most recent KSP update of "Early 2023". SO judging by other game releases, they are going to likely wait to give us juicy details until we're closer to that date. I imagine they will ramp up the hype train just before release to make it most effective. Until then we'll be waiting a while between updates, understandably.