Jump to content

KSP2 Hype Train Thread


GregroxMun
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

We're supposed to be expecting something?

On top of that, even if were supposed to be expecting something, the last piece of news was 3 weeks ago, so if anyone still subscribes to the belief that new information is scheduled and to be expected, this wouldn't be one of those times when information is released. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2022 at 7:36 AM, The Aziz said:

...We're pretty much waiting for a baby to be born. We know approximate time of delivery and we've had few gender reveal parties (feature videos). Waiting for another kick isn't exactly interesting. 

I'm sure it is if you're the parents (a.k.a. the developers) :)

The friends and family on the other hand... not so interested in every kick or jostling about.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:59 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

8-10 months from now we can start getting antsy... Anything before that and we are just setting ourselves up for frustration 

You can still be hyped and have a rational understanding of time and work so as to not be frustrated. It's only when people let their hype override their capacity for reason that they get frustrated and/or bitter/angry/mad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With all that said, I wouldn't mind seeing a 10 seconds long clip of a simple rover rolling across the terrain. To get a rough understanding of suspension and surface characteristics. Please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PopinFRESH said:

You can still be hyped and have a rational understanding of time and work so as to not be frustrated

I had to tamp down hard on my hype.  Had so much hoped I would be spending time with my daughter getting her into the game this summer.  My disappointment with the delay was palpable. 

Whatever. 

I'm still looking forward to it - but I'm also still convinced that Multiplayer is the conflict.  If they'd have bit the bullet and said that peer to peer co-op was the best they could do - or that MP just WILL NOT WORK with the physics and Warp, I'd be fine with then learning they need the time to wrap it all up. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Completely Accurate Prediction™: We'll be seeing Trackmania x KSP tomorrow. (although seriously, I'd be ecstatic if we got to see a high-speed rover race in-game)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Should there be something?

There was a period of 'heightened sharing' by the devs. 

...And like some do with the girl who smiles when selling a coffee, they convinced themselves that more was there than actually was. 

Thus, "FRIDAY!!!" became a thing. 

But like that girl - she was just selling coffee and smiling at all customers - the KSP2 team shared but made no promises.  And like the hapless customer who won't get a clue... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

The most recent updates have been on Mondays, I expect they have changed their schedule.

Or there is no schedule, or maybe even there are no information releases planned from here until October, to give PR the time to prepare a bunch of promotional materials. The point is, there is a bunch of uncertainty around when information comes out, and nothing can be expected, except that we can’t expect a consistent PR schedule. In addition, I don’t think it is fair to belittle someone for being disappointed after nothing is released (although if it turns into a communication strategy, that is something else). Being uncertain whether we will get a “good result” that we are engaged in is inherently addictive; it is the basis for gambling and long-term training of pets, and it works because the chance of a reward is somehow better than an actual reward at encouraging an activity. Just like with gambling, we can make predictions (biweekly on fridays, mondays, every 6-8 weeks fridays, increasing chances as time goes on, etc.) that as we have seen, have no impact on actual release times and create that uncertain attraction. Someone who is following the game, as I personally am, can fall into that trap, as a certainly have done. The disappointment is a natural human reaction and should not be met with condescension. 
 

That being said, @mmamh2008, communicating in this way is not going to help with any disappointment you might have, and it is not going to change the release timings, so there are no positives to making these continuous posts, and the negatives have been discussed at length earlier and include creating a distorted perspective of the releases (KSP2 is by far not the worst offender in either time or timing, look at silksong for one example) and detracting from what I formation we do have. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:
7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Should there be something?

There was a period of 'heightened sharing' by the devs. 

...And like some do with the girl who smiles when selling a coffee, they convinced themselves that more was there than actually was. 

Thus, "FRIDAY!!!" became a thing. 

But like that girl - she was just selling coffee and smiling at all customers - the KSP2 team shared but made no promises.  And like the hapless customer who won't get a clue... 

I heard this thread was made in the first place because people were fed up with the hype train appearing on other parts of the forums. I can really see why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2022 at 11:25 AM, t_v said:

Or there is no schedule, or maybe even there are no information releases planned from here until October, to give PR the time to prepare a bunch of promotional materials. The point is, there is a bunch of uncertainty around when information comes out, and nothing can be expected, except that we can’t expect a consistent PR schedule. In addition, I don’t think it is fair to belittle someone for being disappointed after nothing is released (although if it turns into a communication strategy, that is something else). Being uncertain whether we will get a “good result” that we are engaged in is inherently addictive; it is the basis for gambling and long-term training of pets, and it works because the chance of a reward is somehow better than an actual reward at encouraging an activity. Just like with gambling, we can make predictions (biweekly on fridays, mondays, every 6-8 weeks fridays, increasing chances as time goes on, etc.) that as we have seen, have no impact on actual release times and create that uncertain attraction. Someone who is following the game, as I personally am, can fall into that trap, as a certainly have done. The disappointment is a natural human reaction and should not be met with condescension. 
 

That being said, @mmamh2008, communicating in this way is not going to help with any disappointment you might have, and it is not going to change the release timings, so there are no positives to making these continuous posts, and the negatives have been discussed at length earlier and include creating a distorted perspective of the releases (KSP2 is by far not the worst offender in either time or timing, look at silksong for one example) and detracting from what I formation we do have. 

There is definitely something coming soon, I can *feel it* in my gut. 
 

 

;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

nothing ?

Yes, nothing after we got something last Friday. I don’t recommend setting yourself up for disappointment, but even if you do, expecting something every week is not a good idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, t_v said:

Yes, nothing after we got something last Friday. I don’t recommend setting yourself up for disappointment, but even if you do, expecting something every week is not a good idea. 

And its best to not think we'll get something next Friday either, the good ol'days of expected news is gone, expect the real news in 2023.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2022 at 8:45 PM, t_v said:

Yes, nothing after we got something last Friday. I don’t recommend setting yourself up for disappointment, but even if you do, expecting something every week is not a good idea. 

last friday ??

what did we get ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2022 at 9:02 PM, Pthigrivi said:

New mega-mammoth show and tell :)

 

 

dude , this engine is made by nertea , it's very close to the restock style

wait , in the video the engine shows in red , that means , engines may heat-up because of thrust !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2022 at 1:22 PM, The Aziz said:

Yeah, they've been doing that in KSP1 for a couple of years.

uhm , maybe never saw that in ksp , last played a few months ago so i nearly forgot how to play ( not that much tho )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Carraux said:

So far, KSP 2 is indistinguishable from vaporware.

So is starship. They’ve never shown us an orbital flight, therefore it must be planned to be scrapped, and the millions of dollars and work hours they are investing must be just for marketing, not to build an actual rocket. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...