KSP2 Hype Train Thread

14 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Why all are so fixated on the metallic part? It still looks icy to me. You know, reflecting light at certain angles, at others not so much. Maybe it's ice mixed with something else. Remember Charon, Pluto's buddy? It appears gray, and it's made of ice.

I’m really not fixated on the way the surface looks. Ice by default isn’t necessarily blue, and metal isn’t necessarily gray, and there’s a hundred other factors that can affect it, so that image could definitely be ice. Look for anywhere where I even suggest that it couldn’t, I’d appreciate the help with correcting that mistake. The reason why I suggested metal is because, going off of the possibility it might be Tylo, I would be happy with seeing Tylo become a (literal?) gold mine for metal resources instead of the world’s largest gravel patch. It would fit thematically, it would fit gameplay, and I’m not opposed to the devs changing the surfaces of bodies. 

If it is indeed Vall on the other hand, then as I said above, I am not opposed to it, but I think there is a possibility it isn’t Vall, seeing as they have changed the topology to suggest that it is a different type of planet. If you have big craters, then the ice hasn’t ever melted to form basins from those craters, which seems improbable to me. 

18 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Look, I'm not saying it can't be Tylo, but unless you call out the community managers for a possible mistake, I stand by my words. I'd expect Tylo to be more varied in color palette, not plain gray. And remember, Minmus is now ceramic.

I’d expect Vall to have basins and not craters. The image shown doesn’t fit my idea of Vall (unless Vall is metal and not ice) and your idea of Tylo (unless… wait, why can’t a rainbow-metal planet look grey from space? Wasn’t your whole thing about different conditions affecting surfaces?)

On 10/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, Rutabaga22 said:

is it just me, or does that kerbal look like the rocket lab guy?

9 hours ago, Deddly said:

That is totally Peter Beck

I thought the exact same thing.

Does this hint that there is a rocket lab collab?

Hi everyone !

I just want to share with all of you a video posted today on the KSP TikTok, also published on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/627061375580233/?s=single_unit

It looks to me that a release date will be announced soon. Or at least that a release date has been chosen.

Do you know if any game related events is coming soon, which could be a great way of announcing it publicly ?

Edited by Mafuchu

Just now, Laxez said:

Have you noticed what's on the table?

Maybe it's Schrodinger's folder.  Until you open the folder, the release date is in a fuzzy quantum state defined by the wavefunction: Jan 01 2023 <= x <= Mar 31 2023.

Also, I bet whatever's inside tastes like Minimus which is why the Kerbal wants it so bad...

15 minutes ago, Laxez said:

Have you noticed what's on the table?

Immagine-2022-10-10-201319.png

yes i did, edging us about the release date isn't anything informal and doesn't give us any information that we didn't know.... just like the youtube video that was posted about early 2023, by what they said will be released nothing was given besides a folder saying release date do not open....

28 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Great, we'll know the launch date before we know anything new and important about the actual game. :D

Isn't that literally every single game though? There's some information that you get before the release date, there's some you get after the release date, and there's a point  in time where the next piece of information is the release date. Even if they put it at the end of the next Feature Video, there will be a moment after the content where the release date is the next piece of information, before anything else. I don't see how you could possibly have it otherwise, without breaking some law of reality. 

Also, I’d be pretty happy to get a release date, regardless of whatever else is going on. The game is going to be the same quality no matter the marketing, and a release date would skyrocket my hype levels personally. 

I mean it's been 11 years and I stil learn things about KSP1. Mostly because not everything has been shown, but isn't it great? I don't expect, and don't want to know every detail about KSP2 even when it arrives. I crave knowledge, but I want to learn it by doing, not read/listen to someone saying it.

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Oh but the one they posted is totally worth it

Seriously. I don't have Tiktok and never will. When I saw the tweet I thought, "oh cool, good for them." But then I realized what the file on the table said and holy smokes. That's exciting.

Let's say that there is a fair chance that a video will be released at the end of the month, now a year has passed since the feature video 4 has been released and 6 months from episode 5, so....