So is KSP dying?

Xavven

These forums seem so deserted lately and the devs haven't released anything in like, weeks. WEEKS I tell you. With no new updates since forever and no other updates planned, I can't help but feel... like KSP is dying!

Obviously kidding. I just found out KSP 2 was announced and I am beyond hyped.

KSP is consistently dying for years already. When it finally happens., could anyone please warn me about? I will probably be busy fixing some bug on TS and will miss the event!

7 hours ago, Xavven said:

These forums seem so deserted lately and the devs haven't released anything in like, weeks. WEEKS I tell you. With no new updates since forever and no other updates planned, I can't help but feel... like KSP is dying!

Obviously kidding. I just found out KSP 2 was announced and I am beyond hyped.

At first I thought you were serious lol

@Xavven Everyone who's been around here a long time should know that KSP is and has always been dying. It's been going on for 8 years now with "outdated graphics" and most of its updates don't bring new content (parts, gameplay mechanics...) like you expect from other major games. Aside from DLC, most of the weight of KSP updates are performance buffs and bugfixes.

It's official that Squad is still going to go on for a while maintaining and updating this KSP.

KSP 2 is also incredibly harder, more faithful to real physics so most of us casual players may not be able to jump on it and hence, will stay on KSP 1.x.

This thread is finished now. Have a nice day. ;)

Edit: lol that sarcasm/rhetoric at the end. You got me good. :P

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I believe that if this game is dying, we shall perform CPR. And then it will no longer be dying.

If it continues to die, we shall take it to somewhere with a NHS.

If it continues to die, we must send Martystu Kerman to steal the apples (?) of immortality from the Lord Kraken at Bop.

53 minutes ago, Fraktal said:

Games tend to start dying when a sequel is announced due to marketing's obsession with appeal to novelty.

Too soon to know. KSP2 is being developed by another company, so there will no overlap on marketing efforts - other than using TTI's infrastructure. I expect Squad to defend their castle.

KSP1 will endure as long it's profitable and/or useful. And always there's the chance that something goes wrong on KSP2 , so from a business perspective is premature to start to phase out KSP1 now.

Not to mention keeping their feet on a niche they may not want to risk KSP2 yet, as Linux and MacOS. I'm seeing a lot of new Unity games claiming they cannot, yet, guarantee decent support for these platforms. KSP1, right now, is already there (even that with some issues).

So, yeah. It's too soon to know. 

Edited by Lisias
Kraken damned Autocorrectors

22 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Everyone who's been around here a long time should know that KSP is and has always been dying.

Haha! Yeah, totally. I joined these forums in 2014 and have lived through, sheesh, I don't know HOW many "KSP IS DYING!" doom and gloom threads, and some even started as tangents inside other threads. I can be a sarcastic SOB sometimes, and I just couldn't help myself when I saw KSP 2 announced.

Edited by Xavven

On 8/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, klgraham1013 said:

I agree.  Not enough free stuff.  Won't add guns.  It doesn't even run on my potato anymore.  Game is ded.  Later dudes.

I want a game that only runs on a Potato.

A actual potato.

It would probably run on GladOS. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.