So is KSP dying?

Xavven

On 8/19/2019 at 10:34 PM, aagun123 said:

everybody dies

No. When KSP dies, it will be turned into Soylent Kerb to feed KSP2, like all the other dead kerbals that have poofed into Soylent green. That is why kerbals never need feeding. All the kerbals that have ever died turn into aerosol Soylent green that spreads across every part of the Kerbol system, which is why kerbals don't actually need life support. All they need is to reach out, and the Green will feed them all they need. Such is how it was made by Squad so that they could ignore the kerbals, and such is what Take-Two, masters of Squad will do to the whole kerbal universe when it dies, to feed their advertising machine.

3 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

No. When KSP dies, it will be turned into Soylent Kerb to feed KSP2, like all the other dead kerbals that have poofed into Soylent green. 

Assuming, of course, the licensing terms allows that!!! :D 

I just started playing this program almost a month ago. I have never been so excited about a simulation program like this one... Ever!

I am not a young guy as well and have written software and played so many games most all of my life. KSP 1.x!  rules!

Edited by Saturn5tony

Yes I know I am very new here. As far as what I see I do not believe KSP is dying IMHO. Even tho I have been on other various forums where some loss of interest is possible, some I have seen have maybe less than a dozen com-mentors (or at least viewer's), others a lot more, but here it amazes me. Looking at our KSP online people, I see this for today.

WHO'S ONLINE - 124 MEMBERS, 4 ANONYMOUS, 686 GUESTS

Man thats allot, at least to me!  (-long live and prosper)

It still blows my mind that some people think that something finishing it's development means it's dead or somehow suddenly worth less.  Basically everything you own that's not software has finished it's development.  In fact, you might use some of those dead things nearly every day with little thought of how disturbingly stagnant their development has become.

3 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

It still blows my mind that some people think that something finishing it's development means it's dead or somehow suddenly worth less.  Basically everything you own that's not software has finished it's development.  In fact, you might use some of those dead things nearly every day with little thought of how disturbingly stagnant their development has become.

IS MY OFFICE CHAIR DYING!?

9 minutes ago, Triop said:

This game never dies. :cool:

Jeb will outlive all if us, sir!

PS: going to space is easy. Going to space a second time is the hard part!

Edited by Lisias
Ps

13 hours ago, Gargamel said:

And probably 95% of those are spiders from search engines....

Quite true, but I was more impressed by the amount of us online at the moment. Over 600 tho is alot of people interested in KSP. When ever I think about space travel and do a google, It usually brings me here now as well. Fun stuff!

22 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

Deyr fé,

deyja frændr,

deyr sjalfr it sama,

ek veit einn,

at aldrei deyr:

dómr um dauðan hvern.

There are just so many slightly different translations of this, and it's not really limited to any religion, but that's from the norse hvamal

Cattle die,

And kinsmen die,

And so must one die oneself.

But there is one thing I know which never dies,

And that is the fame of a dead man’s deeds.

Works for Jeb, for every Kerbal, and for all the programmers and modders who have given us so much.

The urge to travel is old and deep, but I am told I must stick to English.

Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages

And palmeres for to seken straunge strondes

To ferne halwes, kowthe in sondry londes;

And specially from every shires ende

Of Engelond, to Caunterbury they wende,

Edited by Wolf Baginski

On 8/29/2019 at 12:36 AM, razark said:

You accidentally misspelled "the flashiest graphics".

1.8 is probably "good enough" for KSP.  Perhaps unity will make a good raytrace mode someday, but I suspect 1.8 will be fine.

Consider Sid Meir's Civilization.  There are plenty of people who will prefer any of the games from 1 to 6.  I'm partial to 4, primarily thanks to Leonard Nimoy's voice work.  You'd think Civ 1 or 2 (1991 and 1996) would have few players, but checking the civfanatics website, people are still commenting on those games' fora.

Certainly the number of people playing KSP 1.0 will be greatly diminished, with very few new players.  I'd go so far as to say the pre-release game might as well be a different game: but I'm sure there are those who still play it, but very few and the modding scene is limited.

The important thing is that Squad never implemented Steam's DRM (or any other DRM) on KSP.  You can run KSP no matter what Squad, Take 2, or Valve do to their servers.  So the old chestnut of "the developers burn down all the old editions" is clearly not true for KSP (although it might be true for more multiplayer oriented games).

14 minutes ago, wumpus said:

Consider Sid Meir's Civilization.  There are plenty of people who will prefer any of the games from 1 to 6.  I'm partial to 4...

I quite often play 3.  By "often", I mean I play through a game about at least once a month.  I've tried 5.  I didn't like.  It was a complete departure from the way 1-3 (never played 4, but I believe it followed from the previous versions) played.  Even if the graphics and gameplay were miles ahead, it was not what I expected out of Civ, so I stopped playing it.

I don't doubt that KSP1 will continue to have its fans.  Depending on what features and mods are available, there could be quite a strong holdout of KSP1 players.  However, sales are almost certainly going to heavily favor the newest/prettiest version, and company focus is going to follow sales.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.