So is KSP dying?

Xavven

I'm not liking the fact this is subtly implying KSP is capable of dying.

Was KSP ever alive? Is KSP sentient to some degree? Does it have freewill and is aware of it's own existence? Does it want to scream but doesn't have access to a mouth? Am I legally allowed to marry it in the State of Kalifornia? Why does it burn when I pee?

The world may never know the answer.

5 hours ago, Krulliam said:

I'm not liking the fact this is subtly implying KSP is capable of dying.

Was KSP ever alive? Is KSP sentient to some degree? Does it have freewill and is aware of it's own existence? Does it want to scream but doesn't have access to a mouth? Am I legally allowed to marry it in the State of Kalifornia? Why does it burn when I pee?

The world may never know the answer.

Yes. 

What do you mean exactly when you all said "dead"  ?

What are yours expectations ? 

Are you waiting more contents , more often ?

Do you think Ksp Community is weak ?

This game is now far from the first version and , i think, nearly perfect.

You all know KSP 2 is on the road but i know, i will always playing KSP 1 because i can do thousand of crazy ideas of space ships or missions.

You know , KSP is this kind of program , as the Fairy, When you don't play it , dies but it cannot happen.

I post on this forum , up a link from Steam ; This game is in the top 100 of games played on Steam : 64 th exactly today xith 8 to 10 k players:

Is Ksp dead ? i don't think so

Kerbal Space Program's popularity in the short term is going down, but it is still more popular then it was a month ago.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ssl.gstatic.com/trends_nrtr/1937_RC01/embed_loader.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> trends.embed.renderExploreWidget("TIMESERIES", {"comparisonItem":[{"keyword":"/m/0h68f9g","geo":"US","time":"today 1-m"}],"category":0,"property":""}, {"exploreQuery":"date=today%201-m&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F0h68f9g","guestPath":"https://trends.google.com:443/trends/embed/"}); </script> 

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
-Mark Twain1 Kerbal Space Program, Sr.

1"It is my belief that nearly any invented quotation, played with confidence, stands a good chance to deceive."
-Mark Twain, Following the Equator, November 1897

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

To be fair, that depends on how greedy consumers are, and if they stop buying KSP1.

These two are very similar. A random customer from street unlikely would see difference, but will probably prefer "the latest one".

• 2 weeks later...

Dying? No, I don't think so.

KSP as a whole seems to be on the way up, why else would they commit to KSP2?

It is not unreasonable to think that KSP1 will be superceded by KSP2 and 'fade away' after a year or so, but I would not be surprised if the two continue side by side for a while yet.

The two can go in subtly different directions.  KSP1, to me, has evolved into much more than a 'space flight' game, many players seem to enjoy just making and doing 'really cool stuff', more so with the added stock/DLC robotics etc.   It is awesome that they can, and I think and hope that appeal will continue.

KSP2, at least initally, seems to be going back to it's (more polished) roots - space flight and exploration - and I think it will maintain more focus on that going forward.

There is, and will be, a lot of crossover, but it feels to me that '1' will become more the 'build crazy stuff for fun' version, whilst '2' will be for the more 'space orientated' of us.  I could easy be wrong of course, but by diverging a bit in their focus they will be able to both continue together for longer.

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2019 at 12:27 AM, Xavven said:

These forums seem so deserted lately and the devs haven't released anything in like, weeks. WEEKS I tell you. With no new updates since forever and no other updates planned, I can't help but feel... like KSP is dying!

Obviously kidding. I just found out KSP 2 was announced and I am beyond hyped.

I believe that if this game is dying, we shall perform CPR. And then it will no longer be dying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.