Will KSP2 have MacOS support at launch?

I'd like to second this request - it would be a shame if KSP2 has no MacOS and Linux support. KSP has been an amazing experience, and its cross-platform community has been such a wonderful thing - it would be a shame if KSP2 walks away from all that.

Third!

Oh damn... I actually hadn't even thought of the possibility that they wouldn't.

Although... this is the one game in existence that would get me to shell out money for a PC.

It would serve one purpose, and one purpose alone.

Edited by Raptus
Correcting autocorrect

12 minutes ago, Raptus said:

Third!

Oh damn... I actually hadn't even thought of the possibility that they wouldn't.

Although... this is the one game in existence that would get me to shell out money for a PC.

It would serve one purpose, and one purpose alone.

Yeah, I noticed that the trailer and promos say "PS4 - XboxOne - PC"

Hi! I have a Mac to play KSP on it and i don't really wanna change platform to play KSP 2, so my question is it will going release to other platforms like macOS / Linux ? Or it will be only for Windows? Thanks for the answers!

35 minutes ago, Kaerbanogue said:

Currently we don't know about linux/mac but it'll be released later on XOne and PS4. So I think the odds are for now likely against a Mac or Linux release at launch day... :(

Thanks for your answer! I hope they will port it later!

53 minutes ago, Wardstone111 said:

It shouldn't be too difficult for them. If they use Unity again it doesn't appear to be difficult to port from Windows to Mac and Linux, particularly when Linux worked better than Windows in the early years (with 64 bit).

It's most likely their plan to include support for Linux & Mac but they don't want to promise anything yet.

There could be some snag with either that could delay the entire release if they promised it too early.

It's literally been one day. We don't know anything yet, and I would be very surprised if there was no Linux support considering that ALOT of modders use Linux.

Also, PC does not mean "Windows".

Edited by severedsolo

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

It's literally been one day. We don't know anything yet, and I would be very surprised if there was no Linux support considering that ALOT of modders use Linux.

Also, PC does not mean "Windows".

I understand where you're coming from. In the past Squad (or whoever write those things) has referred to pc/mac/linux as just "pc"..

But they've actually said on another thread here that they currently have no plans for mac or linux. They've also said on yet another reply that mac/linux support is "in the air" as of now.

so we do know something.

25 minutes ago, xjames said:

But they've actually said on another thread here that they currently have no plans for mac or linux. They've also said on yet another reply that mac/linux support is "in the air" as of now.

Would you mind pointing me to that? I've seen a "we can neither confirm nor deny" in the Master thread, but nothing specifically saying no plans.

5 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Would you mind pointing me to that? I've seen a "we can neither confirm nor deny" in the Master thread, but nothing specifically saying no plans.

Good point, Elder scroll Online is PC and Mac+ PS4 and One added later but PC and Mac was announced very early.  

11 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

unknown.png

actually you're right. They're not denying it. And the "up in the air" post was actually by another player, so my bad. But I still read this as "no plans for mac/linux for now"

4 minutes ago, xjames said:

unknown.png

actually you're right. They're not denying it. And the "up in the air" post was actually by another player, so my bad. But I still read this as "no plans for mac/linux for now"

I actually read that more as 'we don't want to guarantee it, in case there's issues'.  Which is why I tried to make my presence as a Mac player more visible to their metrics.