Well played Dev's well played

Renae

Wifey and I were sitting down to watch some youtube, your trailer comes out, I stop to watch the ad cause I'm a sucker for Space games.  Also there was no indication at first of the nature of the game being advertised.  "What... is that?"  I keep watching.  "This looks like what Kerbal should have, or a sequel.  What is this?  This better not be an astro engineers trailer cause it don't look like that...."  Wife suggests maybe a mobile game?

My pomeranians were most displeased at my shouts when the 2.0 logo came up.

You made my night for the record.  WELL PLAYED.

Edited by Renae
spelling!

Whats the issue with KSP 2? It just adds content and graphics and maybe more. We're yet to find out. I think you're thinking it's a redo of KSP for money, it's just content based I think and they're not always like every company.

Are any SQUAD devs involved in KSP2? Did any "Squadies" join  Star Theory?  

Actually, I am out of the loop, does SQUAD do dev stuff anymore, or did Take-Two replace them over the months since the purchase? Also Who is Private Divsion, and how did they get involved with KSP and KSP2?

8 hours ago, Renae said:

Wifey and I were sitting down to watch some youtube, your trailer comes out, I stop to watch the ad cause I'm a sucker for Space games.  Also there was no indication at first of the nature of the game being advertised.  "What... is that?"  I keep watching.  "This looks like what Kerbal should have, or a sequel.  What is this?  This better not be an astro engineers trailer cause it don't look like that...."  Wife suggests maybe a mobile game?

My pomeranians were most displeased at my shouts when the 2.0 logo came up.

You made my night for the record.  WELL PLAYED.

"Maybe a mobile game" Don't give them ideas! XD (Basebuilding Farmville style clicker clone. :P ).

56 minutes ago, r4pt0r said:

Are any SQUAD devs involved in KSP2? Did any "Squadies" join  Star Theory?  

Actually, I am out of the loop, does SQUAD do dev stuff anymore, or did Take-Two replace them over the months since the purchase? Also Who is Private Divsion, and how did they get involved with KSP and KSP2?

Squad devs will help out in KSP2. 

The Squad team has developed and been in charge of all updates for KSP. 

49 minutes ago, Technical Ben said:

"Maybe a mobile game" Don't give them ideas! XD (Basebuilding Farmville style clicker clone. :P ).

No, you know how mobile games have amazing trailers "Not actual gameplay footage".

8 hours ago, MrCow said:

Whats the issue with KSP 2? It just adds content and graphics and maybe more. We're yet to find out. I think you're thinking it's a redo of KSP for money, it's just content based I think and they're not always like every company.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/19/kerbal-space-program-2-arrives-2020/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANAU_p6tRe3iwBZMIuAcvtWLr0_0mo0wMA_mj2kXIg_sIKnz--W5bDBkSz1AMujRvRTakwAjamp0bA9DIc5ePnGLyW7Zujw6CT-IMDQazTmRcitTH4MXHhcELI0ZEGOkhDEhSi6TfZN82n9vyZoUTVj0BJBq5XJDkJMEqjueqz6E

According to the developers, KSP2 has been "fully redesigned from the ground up to meet the demands of modern and next-generation space exploration." This version imagines what the future space program could look like. It comes with new animated tutorials, an improved user interface and fully revamped assembly and flight instructions. The game uses next-gen engines, parts and fuel, and you'll be able to explore even further reaches of space with interstellar flight. You'll also be tasked with building colonies -- a fitting addition as NASA prepares for extended stays on the Moon and human exploration of Mars.

Basically, they built a new game from scratch because KSP's engine couldn't meet the future.  Yee.  I am most impressed and excited.