can you use Ksp save and play it on ksp 2

Nope.

The new game is completly writen from the ground up and there will probably be no code from the last game.

And it would take a lot of time to make them compatible do note that they are making a new terrain system,more parts(posible removal of current parts)etc.

So i really doubt they will be compatible

That bring said, while I'm sure saves can't transfer over no matter what, given that the existing parts seem to be ported over into the new game, I wonder if .craft files could he converted to work with KSP2. Obviously not directly compatible, but with some program maybe possible to automatically reformat the file...

Purely speculative, of course. And I suspect this would not be an official tool.

2 hours ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

That bring said, while I'm sure saves can't transfer over no matter what, given that the existing parts seem to be ported over into the new game, I wonder if .craft files could he converted to work with KSP2. Obviously not directly compatible, but with some program maybe possible to automatically reformat the file...

Purely speculative, of course. And I suspect this would not be an official tool.

With the collective ability of KSP modders and add-on creators I would be very surprised if a craft file converter didn't show up quite soon after the launch of KSP2.

Edited by Curveball Anders

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

I don't know of any game franchise where you can do this.

Save imports have been a thing in RPGs for a while. Baldur's Gate, Mass Effect, Trails series. Still, don't know how it could work in this game, we probably won't have the same parts to convert the saves.

I scroll through these threads... People really need to start to read. We have FAQ, it's not hard to find, most of these questions have been answered there at the moment of trailer release, and yet these questions still appear.

29 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I scroll through these threads... People really need to start to read. We have FAQ, it's not hard to find, most of these questions have been answered there at the moment of trailer release, and yet these questions still appear.

I agree, people asking if there's going to be multiplayer in like the 23rd page of the megathread when the answer is on the 1st page and all over the place...

Why would you want to to be honest.. Start over, make it exciting for yourself again and build / travel to those planets all over again.

Bringing in saves, old crafts, old mods doesn't take advantage of the new games programming, new games shaders (most likely will be new), new file formats (again most likely new). Give yourselves a new challenge and start fresh I say.

I've developed game models for other games and 'porting' across from a first release to a sequel not only makes the model ugly and dated, but it also brought along it's own problems. People start complaining that frames are low, game is unplayable, reflections don't work, the list goes on. Any modder who created content, or creating new content will have their work saved and will easily be able to export to the new games formatting.

That's a big NO NO, read the FAQ.

Also, i don't think a community "converter" would be a feasible method, since they changed the architecture and may well introduce different parametres for kerbals/ksc/vehicles/career, etc that have no equivalent in ksp1. One cannot simply make something out of nothing.

Don't know why you'd want to transfer old saves on a new game. There will be new planets, let's throw all the old stuff through the window and colonize the krap out of it :D ! (I'm not saying many of my current crafts won't have an update on KSP2 :p)

Edited by Kerbolitto