Necessary sacrifice or just money fraud...?

Vegatoxi

On 8/20/2019 at 3:54 PM, Vegatoxi said:

So, you take our money for KSP
Take our money for KSP DLC's
Announce texture revamp for Mun and Duna few days ago.

And now... you announce KSP 2 which literally turn all of this into useless dust just because obviously KSP will be abandoned after KSP 2 will be released.

So what a sense of current KSP anouncements?
And i say even more - what sense of KSP in face of KSP 2 announce?
You just wanna take a little more money for already dead game?

Looks like fraud.:KOh:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by madindehead

9 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Holy cow.  You're totally right.  I'm going to sue EA for all the Maddens and FIFAs this instant.  Fraud is fraud and we have rights!

Well I call them an fraud, that is not including the micro transactions. 
The game don't change much, its just an update on teams lists of players. 

But you can not call assassin's creed an fraud even if pretty much an annual franchise as they release new content is new settings each time. 

KSP1 is as old as Skyrim, will some say that TES 6 is an scam? 

12 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Incorrect.

Correct.  Squad hasn't been a marketing company for a long time as I understand it.

Guess I shouldn't be talking about things I don't know much about then. Thanks for setting me straight.

There's been a lot talking about the "monetization" .

Ok I bought early but even if I've paid 30USD on KSP and 15USD each on the DLC, and now possibly 60 USD on KSP2 (and possibly more on possible DLCs).

It's a complete urination in leeward's direction compared to the fun I've had so far, and the fun I expect from KSP2.

That money equals to a couple of evening at the pub, it's equal to a local 30d travelpass.

If you're a teenager without income, explain the value to your parents, everyone else, evaluate you expenses in fun per money.

7 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

If you're a teenager without income, explain the value to your parents, everyone else, evaluate you expenses in fun per money.

I wholeheartedly believe that if anyone has the creativity and ingenuity to accomplish their goals in KSP, those skills can easily transfer over to real-life.

In the example of figuring out how to pay for KSP 2, even if you don't have an official job due to age restrictions, there are other ways to generate:funds:.  When I was a young teenager, I mowed lawns, did landscaping, and helped local farmers put in fences over the summer.  There were times I could've easily paid for KSP 2 after one weekend of work.

Of course, not everyone lives near a farm, or has neighbors with unkempt yards, and not everyone may be capable of those things due to a variety of factors.  But that's where the ingenuity comes in.  There are always ways to accomplish your goals, especially with the opportunities in the modern age.  Just need some of that good ol' Kerbal creativeness, short of the explosions of course. :)

Yep, this thread is off topic lol

Honestly, OP's not gonna change. No amount of thoughtful discussion (and life tips for cash-strapped teenagers) is gonna change their mind. Admin, lock this if they don't respond in the next day? 

I completely forgot how to ask an admin to lock this tbh it's been too long

In sequels/reboots of older games with strong communities and mods, it's very rare for the community to shift over to the new game fast. KSP1 will be alive and kicking for a long while and I guarantee there are more people complaining their favorite things from KSP1 aren't even being worked on for KSP2 than there are people salty over a shift in focus to KSP2 for a LONG time after launch.

2 hours ago, Concodroid said:

Yep, this thread is off topic lol

Honestly, OP's not gonna change. No amount of thoughtful discussion (and life tips for cash-strapped teenagers) is gonna change their mind. Admin, lock this if they don't respond in the next day? 

I completely forgot how to ask an admin to lock this tbh it's been too long

You just @ one of the mods iirc.

@Vanamonde 

2 hours ago, whitespacekilla said:

In sequels/reboots of older games with strong communities and mods, it's very rare for the community to shift over to the new game fast. KSP1 will be alive and kicking for a long while and I guarantee there are more people complaining their favorite things from KSP1 aren't even being worked on for KSP2 than there are people salty over a shift in focus to KSP2 for a LONG time after launch.

People still make mods for freaking Morrowind. A game that came out in 2002.

Since then we have had oblivion, Skyrim, FALLOUT 3,NEW VEGAS, 4 and um fallout 76.....

Since 2011 beth has produced Skyrim Fallout 4 and um 76. Oh and has re released Skryim so often that its now on alexa.

FIFA has had how many versions now?

Lets face reality. Computer games put out new full price versiond of themselves or they die fogotten.

• 3 weeks later...