Real Solarsystem mode in KSP2

Jimbodiah

Could KSP 2 have a mode that uses the real solar system, but maybe just scaled down to kerbal distances to keep gameplay similar (and any actual RSS mod just needs to rescale what is already there)?

I think a switch between Kerbol and Real Solarsystem would be appreciated by many a player.

Edited by Jimbodiah

36 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Could KSP 2 have a mode that uses the real solar system, but maybe just scaled down to kerbal distances to keep gameplay similar (and any actual RSS mod just needs to rescale what is already there)?

I think a switch between Kerbol and Real Solarsystem would be appreciated by many a player.

Bearing in mind there's confirmed interstellar travel, we don't necessarily need to switch between one or the other. (Especially once modders get their hands on it :D)

If KSP offers it, we will not be dependant on modders needing to update it on every KSP version release like we are now. SSRSS has been killed off several times due to this, and the guys from RSS need to keep updating it to be able to play a new version of KSP.

So if KSP can integrate it into their game, it would mean a lot less hassles for modders and players alike.

Edited by Jimbodiah

I've never played RSS cause it would mess with some of the mods I like, but I've always wanted to. Every Space X launch I marvel at the power of those engines and the speeds attained, when compared to KSP.

A native RSS mode would be awesome.

As excited I am for KSP2 I wont be buying it until it either 1) has RSS implemented by default 2) there's a mod to change it to RSS. It's that simple for me, don't care to play KSP anymore not in RSS.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:11 PM, Jimbodiah said:

I am for it! 

Similarly; I’d love a scaled up mode. I’m fine with the stock planets, but something similar to JNSQ I think would be great. Whether it is a “hard mode”, or just implemented later on via mods is fine with me.